1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. willsgarden

Can you extend the flower life of Lupins?

I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    I know that if you cut off the first flower stalks after they have finished flowering, you get a second crop of flowers, not quite so good as the first.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. angeleyes

tea-bag plant - can anyone help

http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000696 Have a look here angeleyes, does it look the same.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Terri

Clematis

I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds to grow away from the following year.
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that year and tend to rot or not have any dormant buds...
    I've managed to root cuttings of the large hybrid types, but they seem to take all summer to root, and make a good root system by autumn. The problem is they make very little or no growth in that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. pete

Tuberose

I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no...
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no flower yet lol will check again in a day or 2..Ladybird
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no flower yet lol will check again in a day or...
    I got one of those bulbs in early spring....then got waterlogged by accident...when I dicovered it... I put it in greenhoyuse to dry and has recovered at last and making lots of leaves now, no...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Andrew Brown

Collecting Seeds

Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Thanks Pete2255
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. willsgarden

Is it possible to sow seeds now?

Just fround this thread. We have just planted wallflower seeds for next spring.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie

Pruning Azaleas

Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant,...
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant, that will be a lovly dark green foliage plant in the mean time.
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant, that will be a lovly dark green foliage plant in...
    Glad one of them was some help, sorry to here, we may be too late. Never mind you can prune it into shape for next year & get a good shape for flowering. You should end up with a lovely plant,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. willsgarden

Hollyhock weird leaves

Bayleaf - what gorgeous HH! The colour is stunning!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JillD

moving perennials

Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are now. I am currently trying to learn how to load a picture on to this site of a very special fuschia...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are now. I am currently trying to learn how to load a...
    Hi Peter, I do have a digital camera and have been recording the different stages of my garden. It gives me great pleasure to look back on how things were in early spring compared to how they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Larburnum

Rhododendron

Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit from a prune, but it looks like it is also growing to the light, if that the problem them you would...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit from a prune, but it looks like it is also growing...
    Hi Larburnum, Lovely pic of our garden, very nice plants too. I see what you are saying about the one in front of the conservatory. In my bible it says that sometimes older plants can benifit...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Marley Farley

What should I do.????

I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are very handsome stood there. Thanks for your help Pete, will plant out as I say when finished flowering. ...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are very handsome stood there. Thanks for your help Pete,...
    I thought it would be ok to dig in some of my compost first, just wanted your opinion before I did it. Do yours have any scent at all as mine don't seem to, shame, but never mind as they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. willsgarden

dahlia seeds

i have massive bushy dahlias nowis it still possible to take the cuttings? and if so how? i havent a clue on thisThanksWill
    i have massive bushy dahlias nowis it still possible to take the cuttings? and if so how? i havent a clue on thisThanksWill
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jelly belly

stinging nettles!

Great Fran if you can stand the stink. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jjordie

Birds in the garden

Now that is helpful - I didn't know about a bird forum with prompt response - very useful.
    Now that is helpful - I didn't know about a bird forum with prompt response - very useful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. tigertoe

lolo..... looking for help

good thinking Steve lol Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Daisies

planting 'oop North'

PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005,...
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: michaelmasdaisy ]
    PS Glenn, there a thread under General Discussion named "Christmas Potato" which is generating some interesting comment. I should take a look there if you haven't already! [ 09. August 2005,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. aqua

Flag Stones/Bricks - Cleaning

I've sprayed with algon for the first onslaught after a chat with my Dad who thinks its fab stuff :D so I'll keep you all updated
    I've sprayed with algon for the first onslaught after a chat with my Dad who thinks its fab stuff :D so I'll keep you all updated
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Andrew_Swansea

Vitis Vinifera

If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    If it came from the med. area then there's a good chance they may be palateable. As for the distorted leaves, if its just a bit of black fly I wouldn't worry too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. tigertoe

Colours

many thanks there Bayleaf, just ordered colour chart
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. stiofan

Bromelia Jungle Star problem/question

Ok thanks, it would be a shame to throw such a big plant away though.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice