General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Galore

Making a beeline

I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very large water butt that I use for soaking dried out baskets etc. Over the winter it had become a bit dank...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very large water butt that I use for soaking dried out...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Beej118

what is this plant ?

I think it might be evening primrose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Celia

geraniums

Andy, are you talking about Geraniums ( perennial cranesbill )or Pelargoniums ( annual geraniums )? :D
    Andy, are you talking about Geraniums ( perennial cranesbill )or Pelargoniums ( annual geraniums )? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. keentolearn

new house 2

Thanks very much Bilbo - your help is much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scorpio1968

Hampton Court on BBC2

All this week. Need to get double desktop switcher on my pc so i can watch at work.
    All this week. Need to get double desktop switcher on my pc so i can watch at work.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Firefly B

what's happened?

thank you mona lisa. hope that's all it is. i'll give it plenty of TLC ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Pam Weightman

gardening article

sorry pam can't help you but hope you get someone soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. stumorphmac
    Like x 3

Picture for Spruce

Hi I would say yes, as long as you face it outwards to the fields as they will use this as the flight path in and out make life easier for you and the neighbours, are they next door's pigeons...
    Hi I would say yes, as long as you face it outwards to the fields as they will use this as the flight path in and out make life easier for you and the neighbours, are they next door's pigeons ?? if so I cant see them moaning, plus I used to give all the old wax capping to a pigeon fancier as...
    Hi I would say yes, as long as you face it outwards to the fields as they will use this as the flight path in and out make life easier for you and the neighbours, are they next door's pigeons ?? if so I cant see them moaning, plus I used to...
    Hi I would say yes, as long as you face it outwards to the fields as they will use this as the flight path in and out make life easier for you and the neighbours, are they next door's pigeons...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Helofadigger

B & Q's 25 % off sale now on....

Make them feel guilty. 'We had to drag this old lady out, twice.' I'm cheeky. I'd go for an extra 5%What would the local paper think? I'm a very ethical prat.
    Make them feel guilty. 'We had to drag this old lady out, twice.' I'm cheeky. I'd go for an extra 5%What would the local paper think? I'm a very ethical prat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. blacksmith

Brussel sprouts

Totally agree with pete. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. viola_mad

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to grow more for next year. I had one up to about 5 feet a couple of years ago, and I have heard of them...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to grow more for next year. I had one up to about 5...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. pamsdish

Seed Swap

@Ian Taylor just add your name
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Graham221

Stopped growing

Thanks will get a bigger one for next year I was in two minds
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Markymark

Raised bed preparation after beans!

I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the winter and it will be taken down by the worms.Although I don't grow sunflowers this site has had...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the winter and it will be taken down by the...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the...
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg P1170807.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. KFF

Blacberry pruning

Thanks all. Will get onto it the weekend, supposed to be lovely and warm :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Spruce

Hardy Geranium Rozanne ... how to propagate....

That's my understanding too- that they're sterile. Division for geraniums is the usual, and easiest method. I'm in a very small minority, as I really dislike it. :biggrin:
    That's my understanding too- that they're sterile. Division for geraniums is the usual, and easiest method. I'm in a very small minority, as I really dislike it. :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lisa Connors

Wysteria

Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. landimad

To Much To Soon

With you both :loll: every time I sat down I could see lots of other things that need doing ... and the ' fatal' good idea's ...:oops:
    With you both :loll: every time I sat down I could see lots of other things that need doing ... and the ' fatal' good idea's ...:oops:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Patricia Marshall
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kyleleonard
    Like x 3

Free Seed Planting Kit

That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands....
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands. Because we were the only ones there, she went round all the buttons that make bird calls & lifted various...
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands. Because we were the only ones there, she went round all...
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice