1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. aqua

Preparation for Winter

good thinking Marley what about it ??? maybe HM has a generator lined up...Ladybird
    good thinking Marley what about it ??? maybe HM has a generator lined up...Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. hydroponics man

Hydroponic Gardening

Hey has anybody got there own hydroponic garden, im just wondering how its goin for you all, and if you are experiencing any problemsthanks
    Hey has anybody got there own hydroponic garden, im just wondering how its goin for you all, and if you are experiencing any problemsthanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fiery Phoenix

Newbie - Help Needed ( Planting )

i would suggeset starting up your own hydroponic garden, its alot more efficiant and cheaper to maintain. :D check out the link...
    i would suggeset starting up your own hydroponic garden, its alot more efficiant and cheaper to maintain. :D check out the link...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Brian C

need tips/suggestions

why dont you start up your own hydroponic garden, its brilliant mine works a treat try the link out in my signature
    why dont you start up your own hydroponic garden, its brilliant mine works a treat try the link out in my signature
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Rich

Nectarines.

my fuit tree has never had any problems about it, as for your nectarines im sure they will grow after time...
    my fuit tree has never had any problems about it, as for your nectarines im sure they will grow after time...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Charlie

Fuschia Blooms dropping off

:D OK, just a thought, do you get lots of bees round the flowers?? They can have a knack of knocking the flowers off some plants as they come out from collecting pollen, but I think this is more...
    :D OK, just a thought, do you get lots of bees round the flowers?? They can have a knack of knocking the flowers off some plants as they come out from collecting pollen, but I think this is more with bean flowers. Just a passing thought anyway. :D
    :D OK, just a thought, do you get lots of bees round the flowers?? They can have a knack of knocking the flowers off some plants as they come out from collecting pollen, but I think this is more with bean flowers. Just a passing thought anyway. :D
    :D OK, just a thought, do you get lots of bees round the flowers?? They can have a knack of knocking the flowers off some plants as they come out from collecting pollen, but I think this is more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. T

Peony

Thank you for that, I will certainly try your suggestions, I am just starting a new bed in the garden so I can prepare that as it will be a sunnier spot for it.
    Thank you for that, I will certainly try your suggestions, I am just starting a new bed in the garden so I can prepare that as it will be a sunnier spot for it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Wilson

NEW SEED ORGANISER SURVEY

Well done Nathan...Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. bert

leylandii to screen out Industrial Building HELP PLEASE

Hi ya Bert, Why not get a load of viginia creeper plants & plant then close together, they just romp away. You can get the type that is for brickwork as it is very clingy like ivy , whoops...
    Hi ya Bert, Why not get a load of viginia creeper plants & plant then close together, they just romp away. You can get the type that is for brickwork as it is very clingy like ivy , whoops there's another & it's evrgreen both of these would grow equally as fast as leylandii surely. Then...
    Hi ya Bert, Why not get a load of viginia creeper plants & plant then close together, they just romp away. You can get the type that is for brickwork as it is very clingy like ivy , whoops there's another & it's evrgreen both of these...
    Hi ya Bert, Why not get a load of viginia creeper plants & plant then close together, they just romp away. You can get the type that is for brickwork as it is very clingy like ivy , whoops...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. pete

Campsis " Indian Summer"

Yep, I,ve got that one aswell Ladybird, cant match your Dec. flowering though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. GARDENANGEL

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

Thanks Brazil :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. SteveW

Mina lobata

mine are all entangled with all my Clematis on posts...and flowering too.Ladybird
    mine are all entangled with all my Clematis on posts...and flowering too.Ladybird
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. willsgarden

Winter flowering plants

Hiyathanks for that message, i will get onto researching them names you mentioned.thanks againanyone else got ideas?Will
    Hiyathanks for that message, i will get onto researching them names you mentioned.thanks againanyone else got ideas?Will
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. aqua

Birmingham Gardens

Used to live in Brum, and we had whirlwinds, windspouts that used to redistribute patio furniture and small shrubs!
    Used to live in Brum, and we had whirlwinds, windspouts that used to redistribute patio furniture and small shrubs!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. MrsMacGyver

yellow lavatera?

Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side...
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side of the garden, away from marauding kids :mad:
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side of the garden, away from marauding kids :mad:
    Tinkerbell, sister Sue will gather seeds later on, she's much better at things like that than me, and my greenhouse won't be available until the late spring. Its moving house - to the other side...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. brazil

ophiopogon

i'll have a look now cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sewchic

Camellias

Fingers will be crossed in spring, but hopefully you may seem some fat flower buds forming before then. If not, then patience - they are worth waiting for.
    Fingers will be crossed in spring, but hopefully you may seem some fat flower buds forming before then. If not, then patience - they are worth waiting for.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Charlie

Gardenia - What is happening - Help!

Hi Charlie, I had a google & found these two sites. They are american but from what they are saying it is the humidity. Have a read & see what you think,...
    Hi Charlie, I had a google & found these two sites. They are american but from what they are saying it is the humidity. Have a read & see what you think, http://www.bachmans.com/retail/tipsheets/indoor_plants/Gardenias.cfm http://www.molbaks.com/infopages/gardenia.pdf It would seam you can...
    Hi Charlie, I had a google & found these two sites. They are american but from what they are saying it is the humidity. Have a read & see what you think, http://www.bachmans.com/retail/tipsheets/indoor_plants/Gardenias.cfm...
    Hi Charlie, I had a google & found these two sites. They are american but from what they are saying it is the humidity. Have a read & see what you think,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paladin

Laburnum seeds

Another way is to fill a clay pot with sand, plant them in that in late autumn and leave them outside all winter. This worked for me when growing acer and wild rose seeds.I say a clay pot...
    Another way is to fill a clay pot with sand, plant them in that in late autumn and leave them outside all winter. This worked for me when growing acer and wild rose seeds.I say a clay pot because it is less likely to be blown over, and I say sand to avoid waterlogging, and with fewer...
    Another way is to fill a clay pot with sand, plant them in that in late autumn and leave them outside all winter. This worked for me when growing acer and wild rose seeds.I say a clay pot because it is less likely to be blown over, and I say...
    Another way is to fill a clay pot with sand, plant them in that in late autumn and leave them outside all winter. This worked for me when growing acer and wild rose seeds.I say a clay pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Peny

Privet

Either "root out" or a brush killer should do the trick, if applied to newly cut surface.
    Either "root out" or a brush killer should do the trick, if applied to newly cut surface.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice