1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

General Gardening Discussion

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Galore

Making a beeline

I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very large water butt that I use for soaking dried out baskets etc. Over the winter it had become a bit dank...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very large water butt that I use for soaking dried out...
    I have attempted to make a raised asparagus bed in the corner of my garden. As I have a container garden I have little to none digable soil. So improvise wherever I can. I also have a very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Vegasbaby

Planting between apple trees

HelloWe have a row of 6 established apple trees (20 plus years).each have gaps of about 3 meters and producing a lot of fruit. We are looking at what we can potentially plant between them we...
    HelloWe have a row of 6 established apple trees (20 plus years).each have gaps of about 3 meters and producing a lot of fruit. We are looking at what we can potentially plant between them we ideally would like to introduce fruit bushes but don’t want to cause any issues to the trees.
    HelloWe have a row of 6 established apple trees (20 plus years).each have gaps of about 3 meters and producing a lot of fruit. We are looking at what we can potentially plant between them we ideally would like to introduce fruit bushes but...
    HelloWe have a row of 6 established apple trees (20 plus years).each have gaps of about 3 meters and producing a lot of fruit. We are looking at what we can potentially plant between them we...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Markymark

Raised bed preparation after beans!

I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the winter and it will be taken down by the worms.Although I don't grow sunflowers this site has had...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the winter and it will be taken down by the...
    I've been growing beans on the same site for 40 years with no problem. I dig in well rotted garden compost each year and I get excellent results. You can just place it on the surface in the...
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg P1170807.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Pam Weightman

gardening article

sorry pam can't help you but hope you get someone soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. blacksmith

Brussel sprouts

Totally agree with pete. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Celia

geraniums

Andy, are you talking about Geraniums ( perennial cranesbill )or Pelargoniums ( annual geraniums )? :D
    Andy, are you talking about Geraniums ( perennial cranesbill )or Pelargoniums ( annual geraniums )? :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

Winter plants for colour

Scotkat I have small part of my garden that I have "done" in a woodland style, some hardy cyclamen in my new patch would look great.If not I'll wait and plant some pale cream primroses I saw...
    Scotkat I have small part of my garden that I have "done" in a woodland style, some hardy cyclamen in my new patch would look great.If not I'll wait and plant some pale cream primroses I saw last year the setting would be great for them! Helen.xxx.
    Scotkat I have small part of my garden that I have "done" in a woodland style, some hardy cyclamen in my new patch would look great.If not I'll wait and plant some pale cream primroses I saw last year the setting would be great for them! Helen.xxx.
    Scotkat I have small part of my garden that I have "done" in a woodland style, some hardy cyclamen in my new patch would look great.If not I'll wait and plant some pale cream primroses I saw...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. New Irish gardener

clay soil help!!

The rabbits will save you having to mow.They will also destroy anything you plant.As to the moss, if you top dress with sharp sand, then gently rake, it will lift the moss right out, leaving...
    The rabbits will save you having to mow.They will also destroy anything you plant.As to the moss, if you top dress with sharp sand, then gently rake, it will lift the moss right out, leaving the grass intact. The sharp sand will then also inhibit new moss growth, while also providing a...
    The rabbits will save you having to mow.They will also destroy anything you plant.As to the moss, if you top dress with sharp sand, then gently rake, it will lift the moss right out, leaving the grass intact. The sharp sand will then also...
    The rabbits will save you having to mow.They will also destroy anything you plant.As to the moss, if you top dress with sharp sand, then gently rake, it will lift the moss right out, leaving...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. keentolearn

new house 2

Thanks very much Bilbo - your help is much appreciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Firefly B

what's happened?

thank you mona lisa. hope that's all it is. i'll give it plenty of TLC ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lisa Connors

Wysteria

Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years I probably wouldn't water at all.
    Watering, a good soaking once a week, but it really depends upon how established the plant is. Newly planted this year water well while we have hot dry weather. If it's been there a few years...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Helofadigger

B & Q's 25 % off sale now on....

Make them feel guilty. 'We had to drag this old lady out, twice.' I'm cheeky. I'd go for an extra 5%What would the local paper think? I'm a very ethical prat.
    Make them feel guilty. 'We had to drag this old lady out, twice.' I'm cheeky. I'd go for an extra 5%What would the local paper think? I'm a very ethical prat.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kyuss

Overgrown Pittosporum

She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    She notices EVERYTHING!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. viola_mad

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to grow more for next year. I had one up to about 5 feet a couple of years ago, and I have heard of them...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to grow more for next year. I had one up to about 5...
    Viola - I think its a lovely plant. I love the flower pods, that then keep their shape and turn into seed pods. Its an annual and I find it does seed around a bit. But I always save some seed to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scrungee

August frost?

Friday and Saturday nights forecasts have changed from 7&8c to 8&9c but still cold for the end of August.
    Friday and Saturday nights forecasts have changed from 7&8c to 8&9c but still cold for the end of August.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Purple Streaks

Feeding bearded iris

Thanks spruce, it's forecast rain for tomorrow so sprinkling blood fish and bone today should help wash it it down to the roots.
    Thanks spruce, it's forecast rain for tomorrow so sprinkling blood fish and bone today should help wash it it down to the roots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Patricia Marshall
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. kyleleonard
    Like x 3

Free Seed Planting Kit

That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands....
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands. Because we were the only ones there, she went round all the buttons that make bird calls & lifted various...
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands. Because we were the only ones there, she went round all...
    That looks fun, oh to be 7 again:heehee: Willow has been off School today, we went to the willows & wetland centre where they have an interactive room designed to teach juniors about the wetlands....
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. KFF

Blacberry pruning

Thanks all. Will get onto it the weekend, supposed to be lovely and warm :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. landimad

To Much To Soon

With you both :loll: every time I sat down I could see lots of other things that need doing ... and the ' fatal' good idea's ...:oops:
    With you both :loll: every time I sat down I could see lots of other things that need doing ... and the ' fatal' good idea's ...:oops:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice