Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. goldenlay

windproof greenhouse

Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. pamela

plants in greenhouse

Pamela,It's probably mildew, usually caused by lack of ventilation. Use a fungicidal spray and repeat as necessary according to directions on the spray.Hope this helpsNathan.
    Pamela,It's probably mildew, usually caused by lack of ventilation. Use a fungicidal spray and repeat as necessary according to directions on the spray.Hope this helpsNathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fitzy

Purchasing a Greenhouse

Whatever you do, do not buy one of those cheap light weight pipe framed houses with the plastic sheeting covers. They will simply blow across the yard with the first light breeze.
    Whatever you do, do not buy one of those cheap light weight pipe framed houses with the plastic sheeting covers. They will simply blow across the yard with the first light breeze.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lizz

Greenhouse Heating

I have built a propagator,undersoil cable with thermostatic control,with 24" high frame covered with bubble cover. And overwinter all my tender plants in there. I have had 1 in use for 25 years...
    I have built a propagator,undersoil cable with thermostatic control,with 24" high frame covered with bubble cover. And overwinter all my tender plants in there. I have had 1 in use for 25 years now,8x4 and still works perfect, just replaced some sand now and again. Hardly noticed bigger...
    I have built a propagator,undersoil cable with thermostatic control,with 24" high frame covered with bubble cover. And overwinter all my tender plants in there. I have had 1 in use for 25 years now,8x4 and still works perfect, just replaced...
    I have built a propagator,undersoil cable with thermostatic control,with 24" high frame covered with bubble cover. And overwinter all my tender plants in there. I have had 1 in use for 25 years...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. pete

something different

Nathan I assume you're referring to the peanuts and not the labrador. Red spider I have found are resistant to every chemical available to the amateur gardener, and the only effective control is...
    Nathan I assume you're referring to the peanuts and not the labrador. Red spider I have found are resistant to every chemical available to the amateur gardener, and the only effective control is preditory mites which you can buy.
    Nathan I assume you're referring to the peanuts and not the labrador. Red spider I have found are resistant to every chemical available to the amateur gardener, and the only effective control is preditory mites which you can buy.
    Nathan I assume you're referring to the peanuts and not the labrador. Red spider I have found are resistant to every chemical available to the amateur gardener, and the only effective control is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. cazza

greenhouse pests

God, I have just been on the Defenders website and I thought my dad was bad cutting the slugs up, nematodes are a lot worse!
    God, I have just been on the Defenders website and I thought my dad was bad cutting the slugs up, nematodes are a lot worse!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Ambersparkle

Lean to Greenhouse

Aldi do a 1.83 x 1.83m (6'x 6')plastic one for �£29.99 - looks ok for a short term thing
    Aldi do a 1.83 x 1.83m (6'x 6')plastic one for �£29.99 - looks ok for a short term thing
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. max

green house or plastic coverd frame

Hi Max I was given one of these last year and it did the job fine until the autumn storms. It ended up on the fence two fields away :rolleyes: . I had harvested my toms and peppers before it...
    Hi Max I was given one of these last year and it did the job fine until the autumn storms. It ended up on the fence two fields away :rolleyes: . I had harvested my toms and peppers before it blew off, so it wasnt all bad :D .Cloudy
    Hi Max I was given one of these last year and it did the job fine until the autumn storms. It ended up on the fence two fields away :rolleyes: . I had harvested my toms and peppers before it blew off, so it wasnt all bad :D .Cloudy
    Hi Max I was given one of these last year and it did the job fine until the autumn storms. It ended up on the fence two fields away :rolleyes: . I had harvested my toms and peppers before it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Grottybags

Heating in a greenhouse

Hi Grotty bag ...I tried all types of greenhouse heating over the years, oil,gas,fanheater,but found the best and most ecconomical was the heating cable, thermostatic controlled box made from...
    Hi Grotty bag ...I tried all types of greenhouse heating over the years, oil,gas,fanheater,but found the best and most ecconomical was the heating cable, thermostatic controlled box made from plywood. I have had same propagator 8 x 4 in use for over 25 years and still running. It's 12 " high...
    Hi Grotty bag ...I tried all types of greenhouse heating over the years, oil,gas,fanheater,but found the best and most ecconomical was the heating cable, thermostatic controlled box made from plywood. I have had same propagator 8 x 4 in use for...
    Hi Grotty bag ...I tried all types of greenhouse heating over the years, oil,gas,fanheater,but found the best and most ecconomical was the heating cable, thermostatic controlled box made from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Marley Farley

Greenhouse ventilation??????

Hi Ladybird, Well it's a massive oldish 30'er on a brick base, :D windows & louvres & doors yes, But my problem is in certain areas the air just isn't circulating & its causing...
    Hi Ladybird, Well it's a massive oldish 30'er on a brick base, :D windows & louvres & doors yes, But my problem is in certain areas the air just isn't circulating & its causing problems, hence wanting to stir it around then it can be changed by the thru draught :confused: if that...
    Hi Ladybird, Well it's a massive oldish 30'er on a brick base, :D windows & louvres & doors yes, But my problem is in certain areas the air just isn't circulating & its causing problems, hence wanting to stir it around then it can be...
    Hi Ladybird, Well it's a massive oldish 30'er on a brick base, :D windows & louvres & doors yes, But my problem is in certain areas the air just isn't circulating & its causing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. dalbuie

Ants in greenhouse

Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. dalbuie

bugs in greenhouse

At least the ants have moved out,yipee!! :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. JoMack

Plastic greenhouse advice please.......

Sorry folks I have been away on holiday, thanks jjordie for answering in my absence, in case anyone is still looking, the details can be found at www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk. I am still very...
    Sorry folks I have been away on holiday, thanks jjordie for answering in my absence, in case anyone is still looking, the details can be found at www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk. I am still very pleased with mine and can recommend Norfolk Greenhouses, delivery was very quick and the greenhouse...
    Sorry folks I have been away on holiday, thanks jjordie for answering in my absence, in case anyone is still looking, the details can be found at www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk. I am still very pleased with mine and can recommend Norfolk...
    Sorry folks I have been away on holiday, thanks jjordie for answering in my absence, in case anyone is still looking, the details can be found at www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk. I am still very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. aqua

Little White Bugs in Greenhouse

Ialways have marigolds in my greenhouse supposed to keep white fly at bay old gardener told me :rolleyes: but they do work (but not on those b****Y ants)
    Ialways have marigolds in my greenhouse supposed to keep white fly at bay old gardener told me :rolleyes: but they do work (but not on those b****Y ants)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ianthe

Clean House ???

Only used it the once. Disposed of tin last year at local authority. It was years ago now too. I did think they had made Jeyes more enviro friendly but have not used any recently so don't know.
    Only used it the once. Disposed of tin last year at local authority. It was years ago now too. I did think they had made Jeyes more enviro friendly but have not used any recently so don't know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. JoMack

Look at my Plastic Greenhouse!!!!

Just been on the norfolk-greenhouse site and i am considering buying either the ultimate pop 6 or the juniour 4 and was wondering whether jomack is satisfied with his purchase or anyone else who...
    Just been on the norfolk-greenhouse site and i am considering buying either the ultimate pop 6 or the juniour 4 and was wondering whether jomack is satisfied with his purchase or anyone else who has had any dealings with this type of greenhouse. much appreciated,
    Just been on the norfolk-greenhouse site and i am considering buying either the ultimate pop 6 or the juniour 4 and was wondering whether jomack is satisfied with his purchase or anyone else who has had any dealings with this type of greenhouse. ...
    Just been on the norfolk-greenhouse site and i am considering buying either the ultimate pop 6 or the juniour 4 and was wondering whether jomack is satisfied with his purchase or anyone else who...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. zutman

The Winter Greenhouse

Yes you can buy seed in this country, but its best to wait till early spring now.
    Yes you can buy seed in this country, but its best to wait till early spring now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. billthefire

steralise greenhouse

what is the best way to steralise a greenhouse that has a grape vine in it
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. petal

New Greenhouse

Only an hour and a half to erect. Thats quick. Its only taken since May to get this far with my tiddler.Nik
    Only an hour and a half to erect. Thats quick. Its only taken since May to get this far with my tiddler.Nik
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nic S

greenhouse cucumbers

http://www.defenders.co.uk/ I get mine from here,its all pretty interesting really, but you must ID the pest for sure before you buy.
    http://www.defenders.co.uk/ I get mine from here,its all pretty interesting really, but you must ID the pest for sure before you buy.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice