1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. rustyroots
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sweetpeas

6x6 greenhouse new to me

Last year i only had a 6x4 plastic greenhouse, now ive got my 6x6 glass house (cost a crate of john smiths) and its a lot better for growing in. Make sure it is perfectly level before you start...
    Last year i only had a 6x4 plastic greenhouse, now ive got my 6x6 glass house (cost a crate of john smiths) and its a lot better for growing in. Make sure it is perfectly level before you start with glass fitting, both front to back and side to side, if not the glass wont fit correctly and can...
    Last year i only had a 6x4 plastic greenhouse, now ive got my 6x6 glass house (cost a crate of john smiths) and its a lot better for growing in. Make sure it is perfectly level before you start with glass fitting, both front to back and side to...
    Last year i only had a 6x4 plastic greenhouse, now ive got my 6x6 glass house (cost a crate of john smiths) and its a lot better for growing in. Make sure it is perfectly level before you start...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jon Leech

8x10 Polycarbonate Greenhouse Recommendations

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I'm the end I decided to risk using toughened glass and went for a Simplicity Clearance LE starter pack from the Greenhouse people... now for the best... next topic :)
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions. I'm the end I decided to risk using toughened glass and went for a Simplicity Clearance LE starter pack from the Greenhouse people... now for the best... next topic :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fidgetsmum

A 'coolglass' question

Thanks to all for the helpful replies. I did have some netting Kristen, but it was while that was on that we had the very hot weather and although it 'shaded' the plants, it didn't seem to do...
    Thanks to all for the helpful replies. I did have some netting Kristen, but it was while that was on that we had the very hot weather and although it 'shaded' the plants, it didn't seem to do anything regards keeping the temperature down. To JWK - I too was looking for something similar,...
    Thanks to all for the helpful replies. I did have some netting Kristen, but it was while that was on that we had the very hot weather and although it 'shaded' the plants, it didn't seem to do anything regards keeping the temperature down. To...
    Thanks to all for the helpful replies. I did have some netting Kristen, but it was while that was on that we had the very hot weather and although it 'shaded' the plants, it didn't seem to do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JayneyG

A mouse in my greenhouse!

this is a mouse my cats caught and brought into the house.(S)he was eating their food whilst they were sleeping - they did get him in the end thoughI've also seen a mouse in the tree,...
    this is a mouse my cats caught and brought into the house.(S)he was eating their food whilst they were sleeping - they did get him in the end thoughI've also seen a mouse in the tree, or rather on the bird feeder hanging in the tree, eating the peanuts intended for the birds.My...
    this is a mouse my cats caught and brought into the house.(S)he was eating their food whilst they were sleeping - they did get him in the end thoughI've also seen a mouse in the tree, or rather on the bird feeder hanging in the tree,...
    this is a mouse my cats caught and brought into the house.(S)he was eating their food whilst they were sleeping - they did get him in the end thoughI've also seen a mouse in the tree,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dave W

A REALLY BIG greenhouse

I wouldn`t want to be their window cleaner :) It also appears they will be using rockwool for the hydro substrate which doesnt seem that green.
    I wouldn`t want to be their window cleaner :) It also appears they will be using rockwool for the hydro substrate which doesnt seem that green.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. varallo

A water butt in the greenhouse?? - Comments please

Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about,...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about, inasmuch as one does find an awful lot of contradictions from one research to another. And i am not...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about, inasmuch as one does find an awful lot of...
    Hi, Dave W - Now there is a thought .... Now you quote a research concerniong cold versus luke water on plants ... Frankly I begin to wonder about all these researches that one reads about,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. galaxysue

acylic for greenhouse

Places like B&Q sell sheets or this company,
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. nFrost

Adding ventilation to a fly away plastic greenhouse

Yes indeed - along with the other standard engineering tools of cable ties & gaffa tape...
    Yes indeed - along with the other standard engineering tools of cable ties & gaffa tape...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101

Additional lighting

Not just a response to @ricky101 's post, but also some info for anybody else thinking of buying growlights.A 'few' suggestions for a greenhouse growbox:1) Make the internal dimensions on plan...
    Not just a response to @ricky101 's post, but also some info for anybody else thinking of buying growlights.A 'few' suggestions for a greenhouse growbox:1) Make the internal dimensions on plan suit whatever:a) heatèd propagators/heatmats b) plastic 'gravel' trays (for easily...
    Not just a response to @ricky101 's post, but also some info for anybody else thinking of buying growlights.A 'few' suggestions for a greenhouse growbox:1) Make the internal dimensions on plan suit whatever:a) heatèd propagators/heatmats b)...
    Not just a response to @ricky101 's post, but also some info for anybody else thinking of buying growlights.A 'few' suggestions for a greenhouse growbox:1) Make the internal dimensions on plan...
    000472.jpg gh growbox.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Matt-tropical

Advice in temperature

Thanks for the great responses everyone really glad I joined here:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. chitting kaz

ADVICE NEEDED greenhouse blight

All good advice here, greenhouse blight is a pain, but agree that trimming back the affected foliage and only watering the soil is beneficial. It can be great for fruit too, I find cutting back...
    All good advice here, greenhouse blight is a pain, but agree that trimming back the affected foliage and only watering the soil is beneficial. It can be great for fruit too, I find cutting back the leaves creates plumper tommys! Yum!
    All good advice here, greenhouse blight is a pain, but agree that trimming back the affected foliage and only watering the soil is beneficial. It can be great for fruit too, I find cutting back the leaves creates plumper tommys! Yum!
    All good advice here, greenhouse blight is a pain, but agree that trimming back the affected foliage and only watering the soil is beneficial. It can be great for fruit too, I find cutting back...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nopercythrower

Advice on base and anchoring of 2nd hand greenhouse

If the concrete 'ring is only 4 inches thick, this should cut down the cost and you could then plant in the soil or in containers inside the greenhouse. If the bricks have holes in them, place...
    If the concrete 'ring is only 4 inches thick, this should cut down the cost and you could then plant in the soil or in containers inside the greenhouse. If the bricks have holes in them, place them on their sides to allow a breeze through your greenhouse as it is stagnant air that promotes...
    If the concrete 'ring is only 4 inches thick, this should cut down the cost and you could then plant in the soil or in containers inside the greenhouse. If the bricks have holes in them, place them on their sides to allow a breeze through your...
    If the concrete 'ring is only 4 inches thick, this should cut down the cost and you could then plant in the soil or in containers inside the greenhouse. If the bricks have holes in them, place...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. bluesavvy

Aeroponic Geenhouse Blueberry

The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The time and energy saved can be put to good use in...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kev25v6

After 8x6 greenhouse-where from?

I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria and then pressed the "Save search" button - which effectively sends you an Email whenever there a new...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria and then pressed the "Save search" button - which...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ricky101

Air circulation with a fan ?

I run mine 365days/24hr with 15mins on/off periods - since using a fan in this way I've had much fewer problems with moulds and bugs.
    I run mine 365days/24hr with 15mins on/off periods - since using a fan in this way I've had much fewer problems with moulds and bugs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paddy

Air flow into greenhouse

Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Phil A
    Like x 3

All change in the greenhouse

Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only practical for fans and tools. In addition I do have a...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JaneCarter

All of you use greenhouse to make plants live through the cold winter?

Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have...
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have space now and would use it, but not for roses. This has been outlined by 'shiney' but I would add...
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have space now and would use it, but not for roses....
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. cymro

allotements

Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over the age of 18 and registered on the electoral role can group together to request the council...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over the age of 18 and registered on the electoral role...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice