1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1. Silas
    Like x 11

Home made greenhouse

Well done. Brilliant! My neighbour installed double glazing and built himself a greenhouse from discarded old windows and doors. He only used it for a couple of years for growing tomatoes. Then he...
    Well done. Brilliant! My neighbour installed double glazing and built himself a greenhouse from discarded old windows and doors. He only used it for a couple of years for growing tomatoes. Then he lost interest and it was used as storage space. The story of his life.
    Well done. Brilliant! My neighbour installed double glazing and built himself a greenhouse from discarded old windows and doors. He only used it for a couple of years for growing tomatoes. Then he lost interest and it was used as storage space....
    Well done. Brilliant! My neighbour installed double glazing and built himself a greenhouse from discarded old windows and doors. He only used it for a couple of years for growing tomatoes. Then he...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MrHappyDays

Netting v painting glass

Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some material strong and light enough and that can withstand some wind etc hard to find without spending a...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some material strong and light enough and that can withstand...
    Know what you mean, often tried to come up with a practical idea for some automatic variable shading using slats or roller blinds etc operated by a motor or linear actuator but finding some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kimberley

Jasmine

Purchased some jasmine seeds just a few weeks ago, planted them 24 hours after i'd soaked them in warm water, today looking in the greenhouse two have made an appearance☺☺
    Purchased some jasmine seeds just a few weeks ago, planted them 24 hours after i'd soaked them in warm water, today looking in the greenhouse two have made an appearance☺☺
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. ricky101

Humidity monitoring ?

Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the actual amount of moisture in the air is still the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes up humidity goes down and vise versa But the...
    Humidity, I find is one of those difficult things to get a grip of. Usually they talk of relative humidity, which I tend to think is the humidity relative to the air temperature. Temperature goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shimsham

Greenhouse

Hi Shimsham, welcome to GC, and I love your name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Folly Mon

HELP!!! Got A Green House

I personally dont like grow bags laid flat as not enough root space,but they can be used on end cut in half. Large pots or in the ground with fresh compost is best IMHO
    I personally dont like grow bags laid flat as not enough root space,but they can be used on end cut in half. Large pots or in the ground with fresh compost is best IMHO
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kennyhicks

My peppers have arrived.

They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent to put a trug or some buckets filled with water so...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. SpringsHere

Is my Greenhouse being INVADED?

I did'nt take a picture of my infestation last season before I put the pepper plants on the bonfire! I think the little beggers came along with a couple of shop bought plants O'erindoors came home...
    I did'nt take a picture of my infestation last season before I put the pepper plants on the bonfire! I think the little beggers came along with a couple of shop bought plants O'erindoors came home with :mad:
    I did'nt take a picture of my infestation last season before I put the pepper plants on the bonfire! I think the little beggers came along with a couple of shop bought plants O'erindoors came home with :mad:
    I did'nt take a picture of my infestation last season before I put the pepper plants on the bonfire! I think the little beggers came along with a couple of shop bought plants O'erindoors came home...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Spacemunkey

To water or not to water???

Pete is right, keep it moist but not waterlogged.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A
    Like x 3

All change in the greenhouse

Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only practical for fans and tools. In addition I do have a...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tomhip

Peas

John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate ventilation! my intention is an early start and then move them outside but I am thankful for your advice pal...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate ventilation! my intention is an early start and then move...
    John I grew peas in the greenhouse last year and realised that my limited success was probably Down to the temperature among other things although I thought that I had provided adequate...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Veg-and-flower-man

Ventelation in the greehouse

You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a healthier enviroment for your plants. :thumb:
    You can even keep the door open, veggie, if you so wish.:D However, I would use something to keep any cats out. Also, you would get much better air circulation if you put the vent in. Makes for a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

Replacement Part for Gutter

@Paul Blackburn I installed insect screening over the top of my gutters this year so as to keep the leaves out in the first place.
    @Paul Blackburn I installed insect screening over the top of my gutters this year so as to keep the leaves out in the first place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. r2oo

I Need to buy a greenhouse, but where from?

I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for it to be delivered to the store, when we eventually picked it up and got it home we realised they...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for it to be delivered to the store, when we...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Freedom_Spark

Potatoes near greenhouse, increased chance of tomato blight?

I would guess it increases the chances slightly, but I would not worry about it. I've got away with it for years, only had blight once in the greenhouse and that same year my neighbour's tomato...
    I would guess it increases the chances slightly, but I would not worry about it. I've got away with it for years, only had blight once in the greenhouse and that same year my neighbour's tomato plants were not affected even though they were outside and only 10 yards from my infected plants. Just...
    I would guess it increases the chances slightly, but I would not worry about it. I've got away with it for years, only had blight once in the greenhouse and that same year my neighbour's tomato plants were not affected even though they were...
    I would guess it increases the chances slightly, but I would not worry about it. I've got away with it for years, only had blight once in the greenhouse and that same year my neighbour's tomato...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tinkerbelle61

Best position for a cold frame please?

Thanks for the replies guys, I’ll get OH on it at the weekend:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Stingo

Seeds in greenhouse

Yes Pete totally confused now!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. averil

grape plant for greenhouse

Hi, can any of you good people recommend a grape that i can grow in a greenhouse that ive just got. Im after one that wouldnt be the size of a triffid and can be grown in a large pot Many tks for...
    Hi, can any of you good people recommend a grape that i can grow in a greenhouse that ive just got. Im after one that wouldnt be the size of a triffid and can be grown in a large pot Many tks for any advice
    Hi, can any of you good people recommend a grape that i can grow in a greenhouse that ive just got. Im after one that wouldnt be the size of a triffid and can be grown in a large pot Many tks for any advice
    Hi, can any of you good people recommend a grape that i can grow in a greenhouse that ive just got. Im after one that wouldnt be the size of a triffid and can be grown in a large pot Many tks for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. stel

greenhouse heating

stel it depends on what you plan to keep or grow in your greenhouse over the winter. If you just want to overwiter a few tender plants it would be much cheaper keeping them indoors on a...
    stel it depends on what you plan to keep or grow in your greenhouse over the winter. If you just want to overwiter a few tender plants it would be much cheaper keeping them indoors on a windowsill, rather than heating a whole greenhouse. If you are starting from scratch why not consider an...
    stel it depends on what you plan to keep or grow in your greenhouse over the winter. If you just want to overwiter a few tender plants it would be much cheaper keeping them indoors on a windowsill, rather than heating a whole greenhouse. If you...
    stel it depends on what you plan to keep or grow in your greenhouse over the winter. If you just want to overwiter a few tender plants it would be much cheaper keeping them indoors on a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Waco

Marriage guidance warning

Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky situation. LOL my condition is much worse now!
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice