Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. ricky101

Greenhouse growing - time for a change ?

I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I usually apply the meths with a small children's paint brush so as to get in all the cracks and crevices...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I usually apply the meths with a small children's paint...
    I've got some stuff that would probably sort them out but I never manage to spray all my plants at one time, there are just too many and it's not a pre mix so it's not really handy as such. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lindyco

Help with my greenhouse.

I avoid Elixir garden supplies like the plague received damaged order which they said they would replace but just messed me around until i gave up
    I avoid Elixir garden supplies like the plague received damaged order which they said they would replace but just messed me around until i gave up
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. landimad

Auto vent problem

Mine were jammed this year and have been jammed in the past, so I added some lithium grease to all the moveable bits and the piston, that has done the trick. They are about 10 years old now
    Mine were jammed this year and have been jammed in the past, so I added some lithium grease to all the moveable bits and the piston, that has done the trick. They are about 10 years old now
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kris35

New adventures to start

Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get more free advice than you can handle; just take the average and you will be fine. Grow what you will...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get more free advice than you can handle; just take the...
    Start small with an allotment, if you can even get one! Do not accept the one that nobody has tended in living memory, which many allotments keep to put off the timid! Once onsite, you will get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. landimad
    Like x 4

Overwhelmed with new babies.

Thanks, might grow that one in a hanging basket to complement my similar-looking 'Mrs Popple', which is in a pot on my patio. :blue thumb:Nick
    Thanks, might grow that one in a hanging basket to complement my similar-looking 'Mrs Popple', which is in a pot on my patio. :blue thumb:Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Twin Walled 10mm Polycarbonate, cleaning.

Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The new breather tape seem so much stronger than the...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an air compressor as it helps soften the residue.The...
    Had chance to get the pressure washer out and gave a small panel a blast.Took some time to clean it all out but did work well as @pete mentioned. Think the water method would be better than an...
    IMG_20220422_142900146_HDR (2).jpg IMG_20220422_165726765_HDR (2).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Emery339

Greenhouse survey - Alevel student

For the sake of completeness, permission was granted for this subject/survey previously, so this is linked. Greenhouse focus group
    For the sake of completeness, permission was granted for this subject/survey previously, so this is linked. Greenhouse focus group
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. stumorphmac

Heating

I'm thinking on using an Eden gas heater or similar for next winter any using one I would be interested in comments
    I'm thinking on using an Eden gas heater or similar for next winter any using one I would be interested in comments
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Greenhouse Staging

Not after the tidiest just putting the house together before it gets planted.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Skylark1

Incorrect greenhouse installation

Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8 allow for a bit more. Due to these being installed in metric, which would be 2.4m not 8 feet, I had put...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8 allow for a bit more. Due to these being installed in...
    Trouble with a lot of folk is, they put down a base or expect the house to be exact. I have and always will allow for the base and a bit to ensure there is plenty of room for my houses. 8 x 8...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tinkerbelle61

Best position for a cold frame please?

Thanks for the replies guys, I’ll get OH on it at the weekend:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. 43576

Which soil for chill peppers?

It will only be available to the commercial sector, its called, Tracer insecticide.Tracer Insecticide 500ml (fargro.co.uk)
    It will only be available to the commercial sector, its called, Tracer insecticide.Tracer Insecticide 500ml (fargro.co.uk)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Welshman
    Like x 3

Greenhouse growing has started

I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough...
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough room they just push one another away. Then you don't really thin them until some are big enough to eat.
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough room they just push one another away. Then you...
    I used to sow beetroot in cell trays for planting out in the ground. The idea is that you put two or three seeds in each cell. You don't need to thin multiple seeds because if they have enough...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Cleaning - properly, properly cleaning...

Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots do not touch the treated surfaces.Economic and Smells nice too ...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots do not touch the treated surfaces.Economic and...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots...
    001112.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jocko
    Funny x 6

What do you do about this in your greenhouse?

WOW!! That is scary. So glad nobody was injured or worse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DieAna

Four Season Greenhouse

I used to use that white paint-on stuff but it never cleaned off easily. I now use old bamboo blinds from freecycle I drape over the roof. They can be taken down on cooler days, although it takes...
    I used to use that white paint-on stuff but it never cleaned off easily. I now use old bamboo blinds from freecycle I drape over the roof. They can be taken down on cooler days, although it takes me 10 minutes or more to pull them off. They cut out light by about 50% and reduce temperatures from...
    I used to use that white paint-on stuff but it never cleaned off easily. I now use old bamboo blinds from freecycle I drape over the roof. They can be taken down on cooler days, although it takes me 10 minutes or more to pull them off. They cut...
    I used to use that white paint-on stuff but it never cleaned off easily. I now use old bamboo blinds from freecycle I drape over the roof. They can be taken down on cooler days, although it takes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Barry79

Storm Proofing Greenhouse

We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous consequences . Next time a storm is predicted I'll...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JimmyB

Mouldy seeds in the greenhouse

Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass of seeds which I am collecting as the seed pods turn brown.I had quite a surprise on Google. ...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass of seeds which I am collecting as the seed pods...
    Funny you should say that: I googled how to collect and store Morning Glory seeds the other day - I've had some great success with them this year, having never tried before and have a great mass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Lem
    Like x 9

DIY Greenhouse Bench

@pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice...
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice on the thermostat :thumbsup:
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice on the thermostat :thumbsup:
    @pete yes Pete going electric, your right about the mess and smell etc. As you say some cacti don’t seem to mind the winter , and bubblewrap is great for installation , thanks also for the advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. welshone

Sowing Perennial seeds in Autumn

To be honest I I don't think it matters too much. I use the silvered stuff. It's a bit more expensive but if you don't need the light going through it reflects any warmth and light back.
    To be honest I I don't think it matters too much. I use the silvered stuff. It's a bit more expensive but if you don't need the light going through it reflects any warmth and light back.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice