1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. 43576

Which soil for chill peppers?

It will only be available to the commercial sector, its called, Tracer insecticide.Tracer Insecticide 500ml (fargro.co.uk)
    It will only be available to the commercial sector, its called, Tracer insecticide.Tracer Insecticide 500ml (fargro.co.uk)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jimlard

Which make of greenhouse?

I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter insulation / reduced draughts More expensive if a pane breaks, but IME (touch wood!) that's a rare...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter insulation / reduced draughts More expensive if a...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sadowska

which growhouse to choose?

Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you want to purchase. If your only starting out there are many cheapy ones and even secondhand ones...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you want to purchase. If your only starting out there...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. holty66

which greenhouse dilema

It would be a shock hazard as it wasnt designed for greenhouse use :wink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Spacemunkey
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Deegee

Where to put automatic openers?

Good idea Deegee.
    Good idea Deegee.
    Good idea Deegee.
    Good idea Deegee.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jjordie

Where can I get a small cheap greenhouse?

i got my greenhouse from freecycle loopy
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TurnedThespian

When to take plants from greenhouse?

Cheers, I'll have a go at hand-pollination, then (goes to google). May have more questions later about what I'm doing with that, but fortunately it's only in bud at the moment, so I think I have a...
    Cheers, I'll have a go at hand-pollination, then (goes to google). May have more questions later about what I'm doing with that, but fortunately it's only in bud at the moment, so I think I have a while before it blossoms fully. I'm already leaving the greenhouse door open by day, and sometimes...
    Cheers, I'll have a go at hand-pollination, then (goes to google). May have more questions later about what I'm doing with that, but fortunately it's only in bud at the moment, so I think I have a while before it blossoms fully. I'm already...
    Cheers, I'll have a go at hand-pollination, then (goes to google). May have more questions later about what I'm doing with that, but fortunately it's only in bud at the moment, so I think I have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sean c g

When to start

Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next couple of days and leave out of the propagator on a...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good height now so I’m going to repot them the next...
    Little update. I have good growth on all my seeds :).planted some Indian chillies, red carribean chillies,green frenk chillies, padron peppers and then some lemon basil and lemon grass. All a good...
    IMG_0266.jpg GinTrap.jpg 89C07747-3F2F-44D8-8BD5-E6FE5EDD4AFE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Spacemunkey

When do I plant my Tomatoes in the greenhouse

I just received an "Alert" to this thread. Weird. :rolleyespink:But a good reminder to say that I planted mine out the other day. And I told them, "suck it up". I told them that kindly ... but with emphasis...
    I just received an "Alert" to this thread. Weird. :rolleyespink:But a good reminder to say that I planted mine out the other day. And I told them, "suck it up". I told them that kindly ... but with emphasis on the do or die statement. :paladin:So far all has been great and I live in Canada so that's a statement...
    I just received an "Alert" to this thread. Weird. :rolleyespink:But a good reminder to say that I planted mine out the other day. And I told them, "suck it up". I told them that kindly ... but with emphasis on the do or die statement. :paladin:So far all has been...
    I just received an "Alert" to this thread. Weird. :rolleyespink:But a good reminder to say that I planted mine out the other day. And I told them, "suck it up". I told them that kindly ... but with emphasis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. King-Richard

What's the correct way to seal polycarbonate greenhouse panels?

Silicone is the only best solution and application should be when the sheets are dry. This is the problem with poly but the heat retention is far better than glass.
    Silicone is the only best solution and application should be when the sheets are dry. This is the problem with poly but the heat retention is far better than glass.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. anengineer

What's going wrong in my greenhouse ?

Hello and welcome to the forum :)Your squash look the worst, I wouldn't worry if it's only the lower leaves, but if it's the whole plant then it may be sun scorch. Have you got any shading on your...
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)Your squash look the worst, I wouldn't worry if it's only the lower leaves, but if it's the whole plant then it may be sun scorch. Have you got any shading on your greenhouse?The tomatoes look like they have magnesium deficiency.This often happens just when...
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)Your squash look the worst, I wouldn't worry if it's only the lower leaves, but if it's the whole plant then it may be sun scorch. Have you got any shading on your greenhouse?The tomatoes look like they have...
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)Your squash look the worst, I wouldn't worry if it's only the lower leaves, but if it's the whole plant then it may be sun scorch. Have you got any shading on your...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. jane0o0

What's going on with Courgette

Thanks all. I was only growing in greenhouse in case they don't grow well outside in the North East as its not as hot at the South.
    Thanks all. I was only growing in greenhouse in case they don't grow well outside in the North East as its not as hot at the South.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Val..

What will you do to your greenhouse this winter!!!

How many of you recommend twin wall polycarbonate in the winter? We use it in our greenhouse and have great results, there's another thread on here about the possible advantages of plastic...
    How many of you recommend twin wall polycarbonate in the winter? We use it in our greenhouse and have great results, there's another thread on here about the possible advantages of plastic greenhouse panels:
    How many of you recommend twin wall polycarbonate in the winter? We use it in our greenhouse and have great results, there's another thread on here about the possible advantages of plastic greenhouse panels:
    How many of you recommend twin wall polycarbonate in the winter? We use it in our greenhouse and have great results, there's another thread on here about the possible advantages of plastic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RachelN76

What type of shed/greenhouse to buy?

Thanks guys. I probably wouldn't buy mail order (for the reasons you mentions!), but I like to look at the pictures to get an idea of what i want.I really need to try to measure the garden...
    Thanks guys. I probably wouldn't buy mail order (for the reasons you mentions!), but I like to look at the pictures to get an idea of what i want.I really need to try to measure the garden properly so i can get a better idea of what will fit in that space without me losing too much garden. I...
    Thanks guys. I probably wouldn't buy mail order (for the reasons you mentions!), but I like to look at the pictures to get an idea of what i want.I really need to try to measure the garden properly so i can get a better idea of what will fit...
    Thanks guys. I probably wouldn't buy mail order (for the reasons you mentions!), but I like to look at the pictures to get an idea of what i want.I really need to try to measure the garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sargan

What Tomato variety

Looking to buy my seeds for next year Any particular seller use .... that provides good viable type true seeds.
    Looking to buy my seeds for next year Any particular seller use .... that provides good viable type true seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jason2

What to grow in my greenhouse.

Don't forget you will probably need to dig the soil out every year or so and replace it, to stop pest/disease build-up and nutrient deficiency.
    Don't forget you will probably need to dig the soil out every year or so and replace it, to stop pest/disease build-up and nutrient deficiency.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. camerauk

What to Grow

Crops:Dwarf (or even climbing, bit more of a pain though) French beans, Swiss Chard. Too late to sow seed though, so you would need to find plants at the garden centreWinter varieties of...
    Crops:Dwarf (or even climbing, bit more of a pain though) French beans, Swiss Chard. Too late to sow seed though, so you would need to find plants at the garden centreWinter varieties of Lettuce (I never do well with that) you could sow. I would't buy plants unless you are sure that they are...
    Crops:Dwarf (or even climbing, bit more of a pain though) French beans, Swiss Chard. Too late to sow seed though, so you would need to find plants at the garden centreWinter varieties of Lettuce (I never do well with that) you could sow. I...
    Crops:Dwarf (or even climbing, bit more of a pain though) French beans, Swiss Chard. Too late to sow seed though, so you would need to find plants at the garden centreWinter varieties of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. IDigPerfectSquareHoles

what to do with greenhouse while on holiday

thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out...
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out of the shed for the same reasons (heat) didn't get flooded so all is well :yay:
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out of the shed for the same reasons (heat) didn't get...
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sheps

What size armoured cable for greenhouse electrics?

It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to...
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to the shape of the connector in my left hand that I bear today.
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to the shape of the connector in my left hand that I...
    It's the one type of connector that I will never use, probably because it's the type that came apart, [literally], in my hand many years and burnt my palm and fingers to the bone leaving scars to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice