1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. chitting kaz

sealing greenhouse gaps

But you don't want the Gun and Silicone, so I've got to take them back now ... :)
    But you don't want the Gun and Silicone, so I've got to take them back now ... :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Madahhlia

Standard greenhouse glass sizes

Interesting, the panes I have are about 7200 square, I think. Those Dutch lights would be a bit of a pig to transport and handle being double that, the small panes are bad enough!
    Interesting, the panes I have are about 7200 square, I think. Those Dutch lights would be a bit of a pig to transport and handle being double that, the small panes are bad enough!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. King-Richard

What's the correct way to seal polycarbonate greenhouse panels?

Silicone is the only best solution and application should be when the sheets are dry. This is the problem with poly but the heat retention is far better than glass.
    Silicone is the only best solution and application should be when the sheets are dry. This is the problem with poly but the heat retention is far better than glass.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. badsal72

Jeyes Fluid

Liz said --------------------------------------------- I have no intention of scrubbing out the greenhouse, I'll give the bits I can reach a good clean. Does everybody go to these lengths every...
    Liz said --------------------------------------------- I have no intention of scrubbing out the greenhouse, I'll give the bits I can reach a good clean. Does everybody go to these lengths every Autumn? ---------------------------------------------Although we used to do it we haven't done it...
    Liz said --------------------------------------------- I have no intention of scrubbing out the greenhouse, I'll give the bits I can reach a good clean. Does everybody go to these lengths every Autumn? ...
    Liz said --------------------------------------------- I have no intention of scrubbing out the greenhouse, I'll give the bits I can reach a good clean. Does everybody go to these lengths every...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. gort

Greenhouse Fumigation

Poisounous smoke! what was made of? Just think if that got into the wrong hands!
    Poisounous smoke! what was made of? Just think if that got into the wrong hands!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Grum Tum

Sealant/Putty on a Polycarbonate/Aluminium framed Greenhouse?

Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. paddy_rice

Beginner's greenhouse?

Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Many thanks Hex
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lizziepbe

Garlic in a Greenhouse?

That's the way to go Lizzie. Keep notes and let us know. You could become our garlic expert.
    That's the way to go Lizzie. Keep notes and let us know. You could become our garlic expert.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jungle Jane

Fitting a Louvre Vent into Greenhouse

Sorry Jane I missed your reply, just been and took these pictures of mine:So on mine I had to get a slightly bigger pane of glass below to make it fit.Hope that helps :thumb:
    Sorry Jane I missed your reply, just been and took these pictures of mine:So on mine I had to get a slightly bigger pane of glass below to make it fit.Hope that helps :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Madahhlia

Crittall Greenhouse

Yes that is a pain, I've been looking for extra vents for my old greenhouses, and the trouble is even if I find Crittall ones they may not fit. My two greenhouses look identical at first glance...
    Yes that is a pain, I've been looking for extra vents for my old greenhouses, and the trouble is even if I find Crittall ones they may not fit. My two greenhouses look identical at first glance but the aluminium sections are slightly different.Thank you! :)
    Yes that is a pain, I've been looking for extra vents for my old greenhouses, and the trouble is even if I find Crittall ones they may not fit. My two greenhouses look identical at first glance but the aluminium sections are slightly...
    Yes that is a pain, I've been looking for extra vents for my old greenhouses, and the trouble is even if I find Crittall ones they may not fit. My two greenhouses look identical at first glance...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. moonrakermagpie

Green house guttering!!!!

Hi, By the sounds of it I think itâ??s the same gutters my granâ??s greenhouse has. The guttering problem was solved in two ways:One gutter has sort of what Kristen said but I think a piece of...
    Hi, By the sounds of it I think itâ??s the same gutters my granâ??s greenhouse has. The guttering problem was solved in two ways:One gutter has sort of what Kristen said but I think a piece of sheet aluminium was used. Then a bit of hard plastic pipe a bit bigger than the diameter of a...
    Hi, By the sounds of it I think itâ??s the same gutters my granâ??s greenhouse has. The guttering problem was solved in two ways:One gutter has sort of what Kristen said but I think a piece of sheet aluminium was used. Then a bit of hard...
    Hi, By the sounds of it I think itâ??s the same gutters my granâ??s greenhouse has. The guttering problem was solved in two ways:One gutter has sort of what Kristen said but I think a piece of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. hydrogardener

Growing olives in the greenhouse

Victoria seems to be the voice of doom, first she wrote I would not get a single olive, then: "Sorry, I have to laugh about you 'making olive oil' ... the presses are horrendously expensive making...
    Victoria seems to be the voice of doom, first she wrote I would not get a single olive, then: "Sorry, I have to laugh about you 'making olive oil' ... the presses are horrendously expensive making the cost of the olives a joke. Other friends of ours take their olives, of which they have many,...
    Victoria seems to be the voice of doom, first she wrote I would not get a single olive, then: "Sorry, I have to laugh about you 'making olive oil' ... the presses are horrendously expensive making the cost of the olives a joke. Other friends of...
    Victoria seems to be the voice of doom, first she wrote I would not get a single olive, then: "Sorry, I have to laugh about you 'making olive oil' ... the presses are horrendously expensive making...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. MadSage

Fully Shaded Greenhouse

"Get the largest greenhouse you can afford/fit in, if you don't you will always wish had a bigger one. There is never enough greenhouse space."Plus, IMHO, it is much easier to keep a larger...
    "Get the largest greenhouse you can afford/fit in, if you don't you will always wish had a bigger one. There is never enough greenhouse space."Plus, IMHO, it is much easier to keep a larger greenhouse cool in the Summer, than a small one.Cooling a small greenhouse involves throwing...
    "Get the largest greenhouse you can afford/fit in, if you don't you will always wish had a bigger one. There is never enough greenhouse space."Plus, IMHO, it is much easier to keep a larger greenhouse cool in the Summer, than a small...
    "Get the largest greenhouse you can afford/fit in, if you don't you will always wish had a bigger one. There is never enough greenhouse space."Plus, IMHO, it is much easier to keep a larger...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scrungee
    Like x 4

Tesco Greenhouse?

Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. ...
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. Nice buy BTW! Steve...:)
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. Nice buy BTW! Steve...:)
    Just a quick note Scrungee, check through your glass packs and make sure there are none broken. I had a total of 5 broken panes when I got mine, and all where in the centre of a couple of packs. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fat Controller

Replacement Blow-Away Cover, or a Greenhouse?

Us oldies don't like change! :old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sbuk

Solid Fuel Greenhouse Heater Required (North East)

Cheers Mad Mick Just googled and it seems to be the dogs ba Jack McH
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dan E

Recycled Greenhouse

I've put up two second hand greenhouse and would say it's well worth the extra little bit of hassle with replacing some W clips, bolts etc. ( all of which are available in garden centres). The...
    I've put up two second hand greenhouse and would say it's well worth the extra little bit of hassle with replacing some W clips, bolts etc. ( all of which are available in garden centres). The saving in overall cost means you end up with a usable greenhouse at a quarter of the price, if it's not...
    I've put up two second hand greenhouse and would say it's well worth the extra little bit of hassle with replacing some W clips, bolts etc. ( all of which are available in garden centres). The saving in overall cost means you end up with a usable...
    I've put up two second hand greenhouse and would say it's well worth the extra little bit of hassle with replacing some W clips, bolts etc. ( all of which are available in garden centres). The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bem

help with greenhouse glass

Mine too :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sargan

Tomato alternate growing systems

imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed that may destroy friendly bacteria and upset the...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any deficiencies. If not why do you want to add a chemical feed...
    imo nutri grow A + B is a harsh chemical fertilizer and if you use it as you are suggesting you will burn your plants, you already have FBB in your compost, are the plants showing any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. averil

Greenhouse condensation

So my ever present water problem is I hope now resolved, went up on my bank by the greenhouse a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a pool of water behind the greenhouse. I just did not think it was...
    So my ever present water problem is I hope now resolved, went up on my bank by the greenhouse a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a pool of water behind the greenhouse. I just did not think it was coming from the back, so I have siliconed all the back breeze block joints, I think it was just...
    So my ever present water problem is I hope now resolved, went up on my bank by the greenhouse a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a pool of water behind the greenhouse. I just did not think it was coming from the back, so I have siliconed all the...
    So my ever present water problem is I hope now resolved, went up on my bank by the greenhouse a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a pool of water behind the greenhouse. I just did not think it was...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice