Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. PeterS

Serious greenhouse

Sarraceniacstunning staffy my favorite dog in the worldand that greenhouse makes mine look like a match box :eek:
    Sarraceniacstunning staffy my favorite dog in the worldand that greenhouse makes mine look like a match box :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chickychic

greenhouse ???

Or an electric fencer with the wire 1" below the top so as to prevent it getting cats but within the area that would be griped!
    Or an electric fencer with the wire 1" below the top so as to prevent it getting cats but within the area that would be griped!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Alasdair

Greenhouse Help

sorry
    sorry
    sorry
    sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Synthhead

Garlic and onions in the greenhouse?

thanks vegmandan i will do that :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Dave W

Paint It Black - Your GH Wall!

Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep shadows as you do on a bright sunny day. The light gets dispersed as it comes through the cloud layer and...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep shadows as you do on a bright sunny day. The light gets...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Misty

Whitefly in the greenhouse

I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Horsham Del

south facing greenhouse windows

I think I'd try some of the more tropical passion flowers, but as you probably know they would need to be a fair distance from the actual glass, with good ventilation between the foliage and the...
    I think I'd try some of the more tropical passion flowers, but as you probably know they would need to be a fair distance from the actual glass, with good ventilation between the foliage and the glass. If the winter temperatures in the greenhouse are reasonable it would be a good chance to try...
    I think I'd try some of the more tropical passion flowers, but as you probably know they would need to be a fair distance from the actual glass, with good ventilation between the foliage and the glass. If the winter temperatures in the...
    I think I'd try some of the more tropical passion flowers, but as you probably know they would need to be a fair distance from the actual glass, with good ventilation between the foliage and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. buzzbuzz

Greenhouse and flowers

Try here B B you can cut these in half. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-Acrylic-Glazing-Glass-Sheet-610mm-x-1220mm-2mm_W0QQitemZ160158857944QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20594QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Try here B B you can cut these in half. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clear-Acrylic-Glazing-Glass-Sheet-610mm-x-1220mm-2mm_W0QQitemZ160158857944QQihZ006QQcategoryZ20594QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Helofadigger

Clearing for a greenhouse.

Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. cattwoman25

bubble wrap in greenhouse ?

Sorry governor it was a fair cop Helen.xxx.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gardening Paradise

Greenhouse Gardening At Gardeners Corner

Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just select Greenhouse Gardening from the categories on the left of the page.Any feedback would be...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just select Greenhouse Gardening from the categories on the...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. cattwoman25

what can you grow in a greenhouse ?

hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went upso after a week i slung it in the bin and bought this...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went upso after a week i slung it in the bin and...
    hi snowflakethis is a pop up green househttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250146713598and what a load of poo i bought too :( it sure pops up but rips as good as it went...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scotkat

Sold my Greenhouse ( to make room for larger one)

I'm envious - wish I could fit a chair in mine!The clothes rail is a great idea! - I have one in the loft which I'll dig out and put in the lean-to. Marley I think we're referring to something...
    I'm envious - wish I could fit a chair in mine!The clothes rail is a great idea! - I have one in the loft which I'll dig out and put in the lean-to. Marley I think we're referring to something like this with a shelf at the bottom.
    I'm envious - wish I could fit a chair in mine!The clothes rail is a great idea! - I have one in the loft which I'll dig out and put in the lean-to. Marley I think we're referring to something like this with a shelf at the bottom.
    I'm envious - wish I could fit a chair in mine!The clothes rail is a great idea! - I have one in the loft which I'll dig out and put in the lean-to. Marley I think we're referring to something...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Dave_In_His_Garden

Opinions please, Greenhouse fans...

Maybe should get veggies in pot as there will be a shortage and high prices.As you can see have a smaller greenhouse behind.
    Maybe should get veggies in pot as there will be a shortage and high prices.As you can see have a smaller greenhouse behind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scotkat

Sold one of my greenhouses

Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep them before I pass them to their owners to tend to.My husband will be doing the electrics in...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep them before I pass them to their owners to tend...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sarah_999

To greenhouse...

Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Scotkat

Looking for a bigger greenhouse

When I bought my greenhouse 2 years ago, I was aware of the advice 'get a bigger one than you think you'll need' but mine is still too small, so I'd say get as big a green house as you can find...
    When I bought my greenhouse 2 years ago, I was aware of the advice 'get a bigger one than you think you'll need' but mine is still too small, so I'd say get as big a green house as you can find room for. Then decide whether you want to spend a lot of money or just go for the most basic. I...
    When I bought my greenhouse 2 years ago, I was aware of the advice 'get a bigger one than you think you'll need' but mine is still too small, so I'd say get as big a green house as you can find room for. Then decide whether you want to spend a...
    When I bought my greenhouse 2 years ago, I was aware of the advice 'get a bigger one than you think you'll need' but mine is still too small, so I'd say get as big a green house as you can find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. r2oo

I Need to buy a greenhouse, but where from?

I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for it to be delivered to the store, when we eventually picked it up and got it home we realised they...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for it to be delivered to the store, when we...
    I bought my 8x6 greenhouse from focus last year, it was the cheapest price around at the time - �£120, green painted aluminium with horticultural glassWe had to order it and wait 3 weeks for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. quba

capilliary matting

Cor, that's a good idea, Peter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mef750

mini greenhouse?

I bought two similar ones from a garden centre (mesh reinforced, �£50 each). They do need anchoring down and both have suffered from wind damage where the seams have pulled apart near the velcro...
    I bought two similar ones from a garden centre (mesh reinforced, �£50 each). They do need anchoring down and both have suffered from wind damage where the seams have pulled apart near the velcro points. I bought them because I have to raise my old greenhouse to stop it getting flooded in the...
    I bought two similar ones from a garden centre (mesh reinforced, �£50 each). They do need anchoring down and both have suffered from wind damage where the seams have pulled apart near the velcro points. I bought them because I have to raise my...
    I bought two similar ones from a garden centre (mesh reinforced, �£50 each). They do need anchoring down and both have suffered from wind damage where the seams have pulled apart near the velcro...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice