1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. sammyveggiesbmth

clearing out greenhouse

What is peoples opinions on Bug Bombs for greenhouse use? Are they any good? What is the best thing to clean the greenhouse with?
    What is peoples opinions on Bug Bombs for greenhouse use? Are they any good? What is the best thing to clean the greenhouse with?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David G

Clearing out Greenhouse

Made by Vitax, you should be able to buy Bordeaux Mixture in any garden centre, however, if yours doesn't have any then, like just about everything else, it's available on Amazon!
    Made by Vitax, you should be able to buy Bordeaux Mixture in any garden centre, however, if yours doesn't have any then, like just about everything else, it's available on Amazon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Helofadigger

Clearing for a greenhouse.

Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way to go! ;) Helen.xxx.
    Nice photo there Walnut and that seems a much better idea than using a trellis to 'hide' the greenhouse behind which would of course take away some light which is not ideal...so pots are the way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. JJ28

Clear the fug

Thank you, I'll make sure to do that. - Just been to Lidl.....they're £8.99 there so I like mine even more now.
    Thank you, I'll make sure to do that. - Just been to Lidl.....they're £8.99 there so I like mine even more now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mister P.S

Cleaning?

just spent a very long day with Mrs Plantman removing glass from our 6 x 10 greenhouse, moving it 2ft, then cleaning and replacing glass....it wasn't much fun I wouldnt recomend it if your looking...
    just spent a very long day with Mrs Plantman removing glass from our 6 x 10 greenhouse, moving it 2ft, then cleaning and replacing glass....it wasn't much fun I wouldnt recomend it if your looking for a fun saturday.
    just spent a very long day with Mrs Plantman removing glass from our 6 x 10 greenhouse, moving it 2ft, then cleaning and replacing glass....it wasn't much fun I wouldnt recomend it if your looking for a fun saturday.
    just spent a very long day with Mrs Plantman removing glass from our 6 x 10 greenhouse, moving it 2ft, then cleaning and replacing glass....it wasn't much fun I wouldnt recomend it if your looking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. islayhawk

cleaning greenhouse

I use Armilatox sold now as a cleaning agent.Any consolation I also put 10mm into a watering can when watering plants, have used this method for years with no ill effects.Trevor
    I use Armilatox sold now as a cleaning agent.Any consolation I also put 10mm into a watering can when watering plants, have used this method for years with no ill effects.Trevor
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Scotkat

Cleaning greenhouse

But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. jellybuttonspog

cleaning a greenhouse..how

good mornig jellybuttonsprog i find the easiest way to clean a greenhouse in all those corners is with a suphur candle as the smoke gets right into all places and there is nowhere to hide for...
    good mornig jellybuttonsprog i find the easiest way to clean a greenhouse in all those corners is with a suphur candle as the smoke gets right into all places and there is nowhere to hide for anything
    good mornig jellybuttonsprog i find the easiest way to clean a greenhouse in all those corners is with a suphur candle as the smoke gets right into all places and there is nowhere to hide for anything
    good mornig jellybuttonsprog i find the easiest way to clean a greenhouse in all those corners is with a suphur candle as the smoke gets right into all places and there is nowhere to hide for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fat Controller

Cleaning - properly, properly cleaning...

Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots do not touch the treated surfaces.Economic and Smells nice too ...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots do not touch the treated surfaces.Economic and...
    Generally use this low cost cleaner that does not require the plants moving out.Clean and wipe down the surfaces/ benches and then replace the plants, with saucers under the pots so the roots...
    001112.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Ianthe

Clean House ???

Only used it the once. Disposed of tin last year at local authority. It was years ago now too. I did think they had made Jeyes more enviro friendly but have not used any recently so don't know.
    Only used it the once. Disposed of tin last year at local authority. It was years ago now too. I did think they had made Jeyes more enviro friendly but have not used any recently so don't know.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Savant

Cineraria Problems

Hi Savant, it's not so much the shade they need as coolness, cool with bright ( but not direct sun) light.
    Hi Savant, it's not so much the shade they need as coolness, cool with bright ( but not direct sun) light.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Madahhlia

Choosing a new greenhouse

There are little somewhat z-shaped metal things which latch onto to the top of the pane below to support the pane on top. The ones near the base have failed - rot sets in from the bottom - so many...
    There are little somewhat z-shaped metal things which latch onto to the top of the pane below to support the pane on top. The ones near the base have failed - rot sets in from the bottom - so many panes are just sliding gently downwards leaving gaps at the top. I could have a look at this but it...
    There are little somewhat z-shaped metal things which latch onto to the top of the pane below to support the pane on top. The ones near the base have failed - rot sets in from the bottom - so many panes are just sliding gently downwards leaving...
    There are little somewhat z-shaped metal things which latch onto to the top of the pane below to support the pane on top. The ones near the base have failed - rot sets in from the bottom - so many...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Madahhlia

Choosing a greenhouse advice

Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base and packed the soil in with a wooden border.
    Only got two panes to replace with Perspex and the rest I fitted from the inside, I only needed about 15cm distance to fit the glass! Will post a picture soon.I stuck with the concrete slab base...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Garry

Chillies in pots or planted in greenhouse soil

Hi there, if I sow seeds now will I get a plant and a harvest of chillies this summer and will they survive outside? thanks :O)
    Hi there, if I sow seeds now will I get a plant and a harvest of chillies this summer and will they survive outside? thanks :O)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. davygfuchsia

Checking out the Greenhouses

I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I manage pretty well. In the cold frame I've quite a few Fuchsias, loads of pots of cuttings from plants I...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I manage pretty well. In the cold frame I've quite a few...
    I've quite a lot in the cold frame Dave. I don't have a greenhouse (don't want one) but I do have a large, heated conservatory. So between that, the cold frame and a great south facing wall I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. roger06

Cheapest way to heat a greenhouse?

Can only find the more expensive product on the Bio Green website, so maybe the cheaper one is discontinued. I'd expect a digital control like that to be accurate to within 0.5C (spec is likely...
    Can only find the more expensive product on the Bio Green website, so maybe the cheaper one is discontinued. I'd expect a digital control like that to be accurate to within 0.5C (spec is likely to be more vague, but in practice they are very good - I tested an array of 30 of similar solid state...
    Can only find the more expensive product on the Bio Green website, so maybe the cheaper one is discontinued. I'd expect a digital control like that to be accurate to within 0.5C (spec is likely to be more vague, but in practice they are very...
    Can only find the more expensive product on the Bio Green website, so maybe the cheaper one is discontinued. I'd expect a digital control like that to be accurate to within 0.5C (spec is likely...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. joolz68
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. gazzamon7

Cheap Greenhouse needed!

I placed an add on Adtrader ... had a choice of several ....and it's free
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. David H

Cheap Bubble Wrap

I know of someone who goes to ASDA and raid the bins for bubble plastic and cardboard.
    I know of someone who goes to ASDA and raid the bins for bubble plastic and cardboard.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. oakdaledave

cheap and chearful plastic greenhouse

I have a small plastic one in the garden where I start my seeds off before moving them to the allotment, it then takes 2 gro-bags of tomatoes through the summer with the shelves taken out. It...
    I have a small plastic one in the garden where I start my seeds off before moving them to the allotment, it then takes 2 gro-bags of tomatoes through the summer with the shelves taken out. It looks like it should give a third year so I definitely recommend them.
    I have a small plastic one in the garden where I start my seeds off before moving them to the allotment, it then takes 2 gro-bags of tomatoes through the summer with the shelves taken out. It looks like it should give a third year so I...
    I have a small plastic one in the garden where I start my seeds off before moving them to the allotment, it then takes 2 gro-bags of tomatoes through the summer with the shelves taken out. It...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice