1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. LindsayH

Spinach in the greenhouse.

All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question but what is yellow mustard? Like you eat with...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. dalbuie

Fan in greenhouse

We have not had much sunshine here for the last few weeks and everything in the greenhouse is suffering. All my toms seem to develop a white mould and the fruit rotted at the bottom, the cucumbers...
    We have not had much sunshine here for the last few weeks and everything in the greenhouse is suffering. All my toms seem to develop a white mould and the fruit rotted at the bottom, the cucumbers were not quite so bad had quite a few of them but it seems to have finished flowering now and has...
    We have not had much sunshine here for the last few weeks and everything in the greenhouse is suffering. All my toms seem to develop a white mould and the fruit rotted at the bottom, the cucumbers were not quite so bad had quite a few of them but...
    We have not had much sunshine here for the last few weeks and everything in the greenhouse is suffering. All my toms seem to develop a white mould and the fruit rotted at the bottom, the cucumbers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. landimad

Got me thinking....

I am looking for one to 8X6 Glass, i have been on ebay but the real baragins are at the end of the season they seem to go for like £80, this time of year they are going for 150-200 yes i know i am...
    I am looking for one to 8X6 Glass, i have been on ebay but the real baragins are at the end of the season they seem to go for like £80, this time of year they are going for 150-200 yes i know i am a bit thrifty but there is a recession on:heehee:
    I am looking for one to 8X6 Glass, i have been on ebay but the real baragins are at the end of the season they seem to go for like £80, this time of year they are going for 150-200 yes i know i am a bit thrifty but there is a recession on:heehee:
    I am looking for one to 8X6 Glass, i have been on ebay but the real baragins are at the end of the season they seem to go for like £80, this time of year they are going for 150-200 yes i know i am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lucy.P

Polythene covering

I have a Freecycle greenhouse, old and in need of care - but free..anyway, the glass panes are very fragile and a number have splintered and broken. I have got a nice big roll of polythene sheet...
    I have a Freecycle greenhouse, old and in need of care - but free..anyway, the glass panes are very fragile and a number have splintered and broken. I have got a nice big roll of polythene sheet and am thinking of throwing this over the greenhouse, or indeed, remove all the glass and just use...
    I have a Freecycle greenhouse, old and in need of care - but free..anyway, the glass panes are very fragile and a number have splintered and broken. I have got a nice big roll of polythene sheet and am thinking of throwing this over the...
    I have a Freecycle greenhouse, old and in need of care - but free..anyway, the glass panes are very fragile and a number have splintered and broken. I have got a nice big roll of polythene sheet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Waco

BIG disappointment

Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Tinkerbelle61

Cold frame - too cold?

Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Oh really, Close it at night, okay thanks @pete will do. Guess that will stop the slugs too !!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gardening Paradise

Greenhouse Gardening At Gardeners Corner

Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just select Greenhouse Gardening from the categories on the left of the page.Any feedback would be...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just select Greenhouse Gardening from the categories on the...
    Please visit NowhereWe have an entire page devoted to Greenhouse Gardening, where you can get all sorts of Tips, Information and advice for your Greenhouse Gardening.Just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. steveb1973

Timber greenhouses

i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it without the styrene..unlikely but might be worth a try.
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Andeks

Tomato seeds

Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. quba

capilliary matting

Cor, that's a good idea, Peter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mel

new greenhouse

Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Shading and capillary matting

For your main season shading, always on the outside where possible as it keep the inside temperature down, internal shading does not, as the heat has go through the glazing.For you seedlings it...
    For your main season shading, always on the outside where possible as it keep the inside temperature down, internal shading does not, as the heat has go through the glazing.For you seedlings it really sounds like you need to do some easy to fix and remone shading as you will need to protect...
    For your main season shading, always on the outside where possible as it keep the inside temperature down, internal shading does not, as the heat has go through the glazing.For you seedlings it really sounds like you need to do some easy to fix...
    For your main season shading, always on the outside where possible as it keep the inside temperature down, internal shading does not, as the heat has go through the glazing.For you seedlings it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scotkat

Sold one of my greenhouses

Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep them before I pass them to their owners to tend to.My husband will be doing the electrics in...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep them before I pass them to their owners to tend...
    Hi Walnut no not sleeping just keeping my plants cosy this will be for next season as now I am self employed as a Lady Gardner also have orders for hanging baskets so this will be a place to keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jane0o0

Mushrooms in soil

I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to obvious reasons), as I have everything in containers, thought maybe a greater percentage of wood...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to obvious reasons), as I have everything in...
    I have had this too this year, I assumed it was something to do with the make up of the growbags/compost I’ve been using (it’s been a bit hit and miss where I have been able to buy compost-due to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Neil

Do I need a heated greenhouse?

Thanks for the advice Dave W.Much appriciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hydrogardener
    Like x 4

Thermo cube.

Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when something works like they claim it would, and, I expect to reclaim the cost of the device in electricity...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when something works like they claim it would, and, I expect...
    Using the IP camera installed in the greenhouse and the remote thermometer in the house I was able to monitor the device; sure enough the light was turned on at 2 degrees C. It is nice when...
    cube.jpg cubeon.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sleppy

greenhouse glass

Pal, not doubting your advice but wouldnt the glazing tape be a better bet than silicone. If the glass breaks its a pregnant dog to clean silicone off.
    Pal, not doubting your advice but wouldnt the glazing tape be a better bet than silicone. If the glass breaks its a pregnant dog to clean silicone off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jane0o0

Courgettes

We all do it , every year, never learn... !! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Liz

Rodent in the greenhouse!

I've really got the wind up now. I've got all my half hardies covered in straw and I'm nervous of looking under it in case I find a rat (or two).
    I've really got the wind up now. I've got all my half hardies covered in straw and I'm nervous of looking under it in case I find a rat (or two).
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice