1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. steveb1973

Timber greenhouses

i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it without the styrene..unlikely but might be worth a try.
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque look. Perhaps they`ll give a discount if you buy it...
    i prefer diy so i know i can fix it if/when it breaks ;)Steve, Sounds like double glazing might be better for your location or perhaps twinwall polycarbonate if you don`t mind that opaque...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. PeterS

Colder inside !!!

strongylodon - here are the spider plants in the greenhouse as promised!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. veglady

polycarbon greenhouse

Thank- have found it on the internet - fingers crossed that it works - will let you know
    Thank- have found it on the internet - fingers crossed that it works - will let you know
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. cazza

greenhouse glass

re the books, CAzza - I was looking through mine, and I think the best one overall about propagating plants, whethre from seed or some other way, is Plant Propagation A-Z (Growing Plants for...
    re the books, CAzza - I was looking through mine, and I think the best one overall about propagating plants, whethre from seed or some other way, is Plant Propagation A-Z (Growing Plants for Free), ISBN 0715318268. I'm sure you could get it 2nd hand on Amazon used books. Good luck!
    re the books, CAzza - I was looking through mine, and I think the best one overall about propagating plants, whethre from seed or some other way, is Plant Propagation A-Z (Growing Plants for Free), ISBN 0715318268. I'm sure you could get it 2nd...
    re the books, CAzza - I was looking through mine, and I think the best one overall about propagating plants, whethre from seed or some other way, is Plant Propagation A-Z (Growing Plants for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. cazza

Greenhouse Fruit and veg ideas

That takes us back to another thread - recycling!! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Neil

Do I need a heated greenhouse?

Thanks for the advice Dave W.Much appriciated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Transkeisue

wooden greenhouses

So am I, hans. Would have loved a cedar one but couldn't afford even 6x8', and second-hand isn't an option as I can't manage that kind of DIY anymore
    So am I, hans. Would have loved a cedar one but couldn't afford even 6x8', and second-hand isn't an option as I can't manage that kind of DIY anymore
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Stingo

Seeds in greenhouse

Yes Pete totally confused now!! ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. UsedtobeDendy

old greenhouse

Thanks both! Yes Frogesque, I think that's the flower all right. I had seen the thread, but had forgotten about it - probably onset of senile dementia!! :D I'd like to try the "easy...
    Thanks both! Yes Frogesque, I think that's the flower all right. I had seen the thread, but had forgotten about it - probably onset of senile dementia!! :D I'd like to try the "easy air-layering" technique, but I don't know how well it'll work when it's in someone else's garden, and I can't...
    Thanks both! Yes Frogesque, I think that's the flower all right. I had seen the thread, but had forgotten about it - probably onset of senile dementia!! :D I'd like to try the "easy air-layering" technique, but I don't know how well it'll work...
    Thanks both! Yes Frogesque, I think that's the flower all right. I had seen the thread, but had forgotten about it - probably onset of senile dementia!! :D I'd like to try the "easy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sharon

Greenhouse heater

Hi Sharon, I`m sure they know already :DYou`ll still have to figure out how many btu/hr (or kw equivilent)that parafin heater puts out ;)Btw, if you plan to add bubblewrap everywhere in the...
    Hi Sharon, I`m sure they know already :DYou`ll still have to figure out how many btu/hr (or kw equivilent)that parafin heater puts out ;)Btw, if you plan to add bubblewrap everywhere in the winter, you can make R=2 for your calculations which should help cut costs.
    Hi Sharon, I`m sure they know already :DYou`ll still have to figure out how many btu/hr (or kw equivilent)that parafin heater puts out ;)Btw, if you plan to add bubblewrap everywhere in the winter, you can make R=2 for your calculations...
    Hi Sharon, I`m sure they know already :DYou`ll still have to figure out how many btu/hr (or kw equivilent)that parafin heater puts out ;)Btw, if you plan to add bubblewrap everywhere in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Beefy

Double Glazed greenhouse

Will try to get some better pics next week.Just upgraded phone so got a new toy with 2 MP camera etc on it.But its a school so got to be carefull that no pupils or staff get in pics (child...
    Will try to get some better pics next week.Just upgraded phone so got a new toy with 2 MP camera etc on it.But its a school so got to be carefull that no pupils or staff get in pics (child protection ,privacy etc)
    Will try to get some better pics next week.Just upgraded phone so got a new toy with 2 MP camera etc on it.But its a school so got to be carefull that no pupils or staff get in pics (child protection ,privacy etc)
    Will try to get some better pics next week.Just upgraded phone so got a new toy with 2 MP camera etc on it.But its a school so got to be carefull that no pupils or staff get in pics (child...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. frogesque

Greenhouse

Thanks everyonemims:I've been wondering whether to secure it or not. The garden is reasonably sheltered and the split larch fence/panelling is to get replaced by a 4ft high spaced 4"...
    Thanks everyonemims:I've been wondering whether to secure it or not. The garden is reasonably sheltered and the split larch fence/panelling is to get replaced by a 4ft high spaced 4" batten fence running the whole garden length behind it. I deliberately left a 3ft gap for access. For a...
    Thanks everyonemims:I've been wondering whether to secure it or not. The garden is reasonably sheltered and the split larch fence/panelling is to get replaced by a 4ft high spaced 4" batten fence running the whole garden length behind...
    Thanks everyonemims:I've been wondering whether to secure it or not. The garden is reasonably sheltered and the split larch fence/panelling is to get replaced by a 4ft high spaced 4"...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Mel

old greenhouse

Thanks for your replies! It's actually a sliding door and I haven't spotted a label or plate but will have another look tomorrow. I'm still in the process of uncovering it as the grape vine has...
    Thanks for your replies! It's actually a sliding door and I haven't spotted a label or plate but will have another look tomorrow. I'm still in the process of uncovering it as the grape vine has done a very good job of filling every available nook and cranny throughout the frame!
    Thanks for your replies! It's actually a sliding door and I haven't spotted a label or plate but will have another look tomorrow. I'm still in the process of uncovering it as the grape vine has done a very good job of filling every available...
    Thanks for your replies! It's actually a sliding door and I haven't spotted a label or plate but will have another look tomorrow. I'm still in the process of uncovering it as the grape vine has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. chrispt

winter greenhouse

hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    hi Dave. What sort of lettuce is that? Is it like Tom Thumb - hearted I mean. What about carrots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nik

Cost of heating a greenhouse overwinter

Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have to look at the greenhouse as a whole to get the...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or positioned under the staging.Overall i think you have...
    Hi Liz, I guess thats one way to do it, but it might get expensive depending on how large an area you have to heat.Commercial greenhouses use hot water through pipes buried in the floor or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ghollum

Greenhouse Blues

One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not too shocked when you water them.. Imagine putting yourself in a cold bath brrrgh. i have found this a...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not too shocked when you water them.. Imagine putting...
    One more tip for you Ghollum, if you go back down the tomato road...keep your watering can full of water in the greenhouse, it provides some humidity and warms the water so your plants are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Honey Bee

New Greenhoue

He can't afford the time to potter in it!! He has to come out to work with me! :D I can't wield a mattock like he does.....
    He can't afford the time to potter in it!! He has to come out to work with me! :D I can't wield a mattock like he does.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Mel

new greenhouse

Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if kept separately for partitions etc..
    Has anybody ever tried two greenhouses, one into the other and a gap in between? I've heard it mentioned today on radio, but most people thought that the greenhouses would be of better use if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Scotkat

Cleaning greenhouse

But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    But I would like to have my tomatoes cropping earlier. This year they were in the greenhouse by beginning of April and were cropping early. Also the outdoor tomatoes got blight as well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. peedee7

Greenhouse condensation

With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It is essentially drying out the contents. The only thing to do is to leave the door or vents open. ...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It is essentially drying out the contents. The only...
    With mine I think that the condensation was worst at the start when the plants and their compost were still pretty wet. I think it comes during the day when the sun heats the inside up a lot. It...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice