1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. hammer

argos greenhouse.

I can imagine the difficulty, I probably wouldn't have the temperament to see it through :(
    I can imagine the difficulty, I probably wouldn't have the temperament to see it through :(
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. WillieBee

Argos 6' x 4' walk-in greenhouse £25 ..Any good ??

I bought a similar 'blow-away' 3 years ago (a hexagonal shaped one) from B&M for £25, I bought some pipe clips the same size as the tubing and screwed it down to the concrete that it was on and i...
    I bought a similar 'blow-away' 3 years ago (a hexagonal shaped one) from B&M for £25, I bought some pipe clips the same size as the tubing and screwed it down to the concrete that it was on and i also put up a piece of wood in the centre to make it more stable. It never moved an inch in 3...
    I bought a similar 'blow-away' 3 years ago (a hexagonal shaped one) from B&M for £25, I bought some pipe clips the same size as the tubing and screwed it down to the concrete that it was on and i also put up a piece of wood in the centre to make...
    I bought a similar 'blow-away' 3 years ago (a hexagonal shaped one) from B&M for £25, I bought some pipe clips the same size as the tubing and screwed it down to the concrete that it was on and i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nik

Appeared in the greenhouse.

I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps thought it was papyrus she replied"Oh good. I thought that was lost a few years ago. Never seen the...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps thought it was papyrus she replied"Oh good. I thought...
    I would have sworn that I posted a reply in here. It must be that preview button again.Anyway, thanks for the Papyrus ID. When I told 'Er indoors, who is the real gardener here, that peeps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sargan

Anybody have an Eden Greenhouse by Monarch Aluminium

Manufacturer ceased manufacture of 'Monarch Aluminium' greenhouses when Eden & Hall merged. I did contact them ... all I could get from them was 'new Monarch is a different design, no spares for...
    Manufacturer ceased manufacture of 'Monarch Aluminium' greenhouses when Eden & Hall merged. I did contact them ... all I could get from them was 'new Monarch is a different design, no spares for previous model'
    Manufacturer ceased manufacture of 'Monarch Aluminium' greenhouses when Eden & Hall merged. I did contact them ... all I could get from them was 'new Monarch is a different design, no spares for previous model'
    Manufacturer ceased manufacture of 'Monarch Aluminium' greenhouses when Eden & Hall merged. I did contact them ... all I could get from them was 'new Monarch is a different design, no spares for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bashy

Ants in greenhouse

I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait...
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait Station - 3 x 4g | Wickes.co.uk
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait Station - 3 x 4g | Wickes.co.uk
    I've used this, but it takes a week or two to work, you just place it where you see the most activity, and leave it, just check the ants are eating it after a few days. Deadfast Ant Plus Bait...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. dalbuie

Ants in greenhouse

Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Crobbery

Anchoring greenhouse to a gravel grid base

Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be properly anchored using the ground spikes than...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra height to the structure,As @JWK says it needs to be...
    Hi,First thing, what make of greenhouse are you getting and are you purchasing their Base, sometimes offered as standard or as an extra; either way essential in our book, it also adds extra...
    000683.jpg 000685.jpg 000684.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mrs Bobs

An unusual visitor to my greenhouse

Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NigelJ

Amorphophallus slow into growth this year.

Currently only got konjac and bulbifer. I had stipitatus but lost it a couple of years ago.
    Currently only got konjac and bulbifer. I had stipitatus but lost it a couple of years ago.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. boogaloo

Amateur lookign for advice on the base!

Hi folks. Slight change of plan I think.. keen to use the sleepers as I wanted a little extra height, and because I had them handy!As suggested I've lifted the slabs, and am considering digging...
    Hi folks. Slight change of plan I think.. keen to use the sleepers as I wanted a little extra height, and because I had them handy!As suggested I've lifted the slabs, and am considering digging the sleepers into the ground somewhat, and mounting onto them. Any suggestions on how to get the...
    Hi folks. Slight change of plan I think.. keen to use the sleepers as I wanted a little extra height, and because I had them handy!As suggested I've lifted the slabs, and am considering digging the sleepers into the ground somewhat, and...
    Hi folks. Slight change of plan I think.. keen to use the sleepers as I wanted a little extra height, and because I had them handy!As suggested I've lifted the slabs, and am considering digging...
    20160821_161101.gif 20160821_184711_web.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. primulas

Always wanted a greenhouse...

Pick the time of year for purchasing your greenhouse as some months are better than others for good offers. At this moment many sellers of greenhouses and pollytunnels have some great offers on,...
    Pick the time of year for purchasing your greenhouse as some months are better than others for good offers. At this moment many sellers of greenhouses and pollytunnels have some great offers on, including ourselves.
    Pick the time of year for purchasing your greenhouse as some months are better than others for good offers. At this moment many sellers of greenhouses and pollytunnels have some great offers on, including ourselves.
    Pick the time of year for purchasing your greenhouse as some months are better than others for good offers. At this moment many sellers of greenhouses and pollytunnels have some great offers on,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Loofah

Aluminium hexagonal gh assembly instructions

I'm taking the slow path to building it and taking WOOs advice - several days and plenty of embrocation breaks to avoid frustration! Going OK so far and having the hard standing completed on Sunday...
    I'm taking the slow path to building it and taking WOOs advice - several days and plenty of embrocation breaks to avoid frustration! Going OK so far and having the hard standing completed on Sunday...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ChrisClayton

Alternatives to Glass for Greenhouses

The spam link was removed from the post, I think, by Abby Black
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. cymro

allotements

Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over the age of 18 and registered on the electoral role can group together to request the council...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over the age of 18 and registered on the electoral role...
    Wow, on pauls website on the faq there is this "Did you know?All councils in England & Wales (with the exception of Inner London) have to, by law, provide allotments? Any group of adults over...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JaneCarter

All of you use greenhouse to make plants live through the cold winter?

Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have...
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have space now and would use it, but not for roses. This has been outlined by 'shiney' but I would add...
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have space now and would use it, but not for roses....
    Hi Jane, I have never had a greenhouse and only ever grown my plants outside or under the cover of a cold frame. I would love a greenhouse but as per normal santa never brings one to me:( I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Phil A
    Like x 3

All change in the greenhouse

Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only practical for fans and tools. In addition I do have a...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework but they are shallow and really mostly only...
    Tidy! Room for a beer fridge!I took more time this year to move things out of the greenhouses. Items I only use in the startup time each spring.I mostly have shelves attached to the framework...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paddy

Air flow into greenhouse

Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ricky101

Air circulation with a fan ?

I run mine 365days/24hr with 15mins on/off periods - since using a fan in this way I've had much fewer problems with moulds and bugs.
    I run mine 365days/24hr with 15mins on/off periods - since using a fan in this way I've had much fewer problems with moulds and bugs.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kev25v6

After 8x6 greenhouse-where from?

I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria and then pressed the "Save search" button - which effectively sends you an Email whenever there a new...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria and then pressed the "Save search" button - which...
    I bought a 12' x 10' and a 40' x 10' on eBay. Forgotten the price of the first, but the 40' x 10' was about £400. I wasn't in a hurry and just did a search on eBay with very specific criteria...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. bluesavvy

Aeroponic Geenhouse Blueberry

The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The time and energy saved can be put to good use in...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient root system in less time using less resources. The...
    The main benefit of aeroponics is in the rapid, abundant root growth and the type of roots it produces. All things being equal, environment wise, an aeroponic plant will generate a more efficient...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice