1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Pete L

Help please with Greenhouse dis-assembly/assembly

hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but what the hell it was all free. needs quite a few w clips though. really keen to get something...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but what the hell it was all free. needs quite a few...
    hi ihave just moved a 6x8 ally greenhouse and the hardest bit was preparing it all for reassembly ie cleaning the glass and making sure the frame was level and square i broke 3 panes of glass but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Waco

Glass

Might be a cheaper option to put a wire netting fence round the greenhouse.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. techproject

Greenhouses

hi Techproject, I've just filled in your questionnaire, sorry it's late but I've just found it...hope it helps a wee bit.
    hi Techproject, I've just filled in your questionnaire, sorry it's late but I've just found it...hope it helps a wee bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Waco

staging

Thanks Hex, it makes much more sense now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sparkle

recommend me a heater

My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on bricks, filled 1" deep with sand, two seed tray propagators with a hurricane lamp underneath. The...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on bricks, filled 1" deep with sand, two seed tray...
    My greenhouse is 8ft x 6ft and I am only wanting to keep it frost free. I use heated propagators for my cuttings. One is electric 20w - 2 seed trays, the other is a galvanised tray mounted on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Blackthorn

Just what is the point of bubblewrap?

"Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more readily available not only in garden centres but also...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned and triple skinned. The double skinned is more...
    "Just what is the point of bubblewrap?"The point of bubblewrap is to provide a transparent blanket which will retain heat while passing light.There are two kinds of bubblewrap, double skinned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

BIG disappointment

Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Just as well you discovered the mistake or you could have ended up with a VERY small greenhouse!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Waco

Marriage guidance warning

Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky situation. LOL my condition is much worse now!
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the greenhouse round it - could get us out of a sticky...
    Oh Hex! never thought of that one, what will I tell Mr. Waco, I think it will go through the door, its just the angle we will have to turn it at.Just a thought, but perhaps we should build the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. johnross

greenhouse

How ever big it is, it won't be big enough once you start :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. compostee

Not posh enough for greenhouse,

You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting short day at the moment it's the light level thats important as much as the day length. SO a short...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting short day at the moment it's the light level thats...
    You only get 90% light transmission through a polytunnel cover so if you put two on you'd only get 90% of the 90% (to tired to try and work it out (81% I think) :D ) Whilst we are only getting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. arwyn

greenhouse cleaning

I've used Jeyes in mine many times and give it a good rinse after. No problems.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. grandchild4

Green house

I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    I made up a set of free-standing staging from sawn timber from B&Q. That way you get it to fit your purpose.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bonnyrigg Lea

Old greenhouse in need of replacement glass or other suitable medium

Interesting stuff guys. All useful grist to the DIY mill.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Waco

electric propagatoe v heat mat

It works for me, lets try it again;http://tinyurl.com/3ca7gwIf this fails visit my websitehttp://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htmGo to 'M' and look under my set up.I have...
    It works for me, lets try it again;http://tinyurl.com/3ca7gwIf this fails visit my websitehttp://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htmGo to 'M' and look under my set up.I have previwed this post and both links work for me, I hope you are more successful this time
    It works for me, lets try it again;http://tinyurl.com/3ca7gwIf this fails visit my websitehttp://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htmGo to 'M' and look under my set up.I have previwed this post and both links work for me, I...
    It works for me, lets try it again;http://tinyurl.com/3ca7gwIf this fails visit my websitehttp://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htmGo to 'M' and look under my set up.I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Liz

Rodent in the greenhouse!

I've really got the wind up now. I've got all my half hardies covered in straw and I'm nervous of looking under it in case I find a rat (or two).
    I've really got the wind up now. I've got all my half hardies covered in straw and I'm nervous of looking under it in case I find a rat (or two).
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mike T

New greenhouse

Mike, I don`t want to put a damp squid on it, but does your house insurance cover you for a greenhouse over your french doors? It may for a conservatory but if I were you I would check and if they...
    Mike, I don`t want to put a damp squid on it, but does your house insurance cover you for a greenhouse over your french doors? It may for a conservatory but if I were you I would check and if they say yes, get it in writing. David.
    Mike, I don`t want to put a damp squid on it, but does your house insurance cover you for a greenhouse over your french doors? It may for a conservatory but if I were you I would check and if they say yes, get it in writing. David.
    Mike, I don`t want to put a damp squid on it, but does your house insurance cover you for a greenhouse over your french doors? It may for a conservatory but if I were you I would check and if they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Black Cat

Grow House/Lean to greenhouse

Fancy, check your house contents insurance, very often it will cover sheds, fencing and greenhouses. David.
    Fancy, check your house contents insurance, very often it will cover sheds, fencing and greenhouses. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Summer

Greenhouse Instructions

I rebuilt a 6x6 Focus/Homebase type last year and didn't have any instructions (even worse I didn't take it down!) It went up without too much bother and the only problem was with the door and...
    I rebuilt a 6x6 Focus/Homebase type last year and didn't have any instructions (even worse I didn't take it down!) It went up without too much bother and the only problem was with the door and track. Once I got that sussed it was easy peasy. Cleaning everthing before re-assembly is the best...
    I rebuilt a 6x6 Focus/Homebase type last year and didn't have any instructions (even worse I didn't take it down!) It went up without too much bother and the only problem was with the door and track. Once I got that sussed it was easy peasy....
    I rebuilt a 6x6 Focus/Homebase type last year and didn't have any instructions (even worse I didn't take it down!) It went up without too much bother and the only problem was with the door and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. painted lady

My havn't got it yet greenhouse!

Hi Painted Lady..Re My method is that he will get so fed up of falling over plants and pots that he will come up with the idea that he really must let me have a greenhouse next year.That's my...
    Hi Painted Lady..Re My method is that he will get so fed up of falling over plants and pots that he will come up with the idea that he really must let me have a greenhouse next year.That's my trick, I've got pots and propogators on every shelf, all around hubbies office/PC...
    Hi Painted Lady..Re My method is that he will get so fed up of falling over plants and pots that he will come up with the idea that he really must let me have a greenhouse next year.That's my trick, I've got pots and propogators on every...
    Hi Painted Lady..Re My method is that he will get so fed up of falling over plants and pots that he will come up with the idea that he really must let me have a greenhouse next year.That's my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. teajay

economic greenhouse shading

Hi TeeJay, Cool glass is the cheapest I know of & is efficient as Honeybee says.. I have blinds in the other green house & find they are as good as each other really.. I use coolglass for the...
    Hi TeeJay, Cool glass is the cheapest I know of & is efficient as Honeybee says.. I have blinds in the other green house & find they are as good as each other really.. I use coolglass for the ends & it works well..
    Hi TeeJay, Cool glass is the cheapest I know of & is efficient as Honeybee says.. I have blinds in the other green house & find they are as good as each other really.. I use coolglass for the ends & it works well..
    Hi TeeJay, Cool glass is the cheapest I know of & is efficient as Honeybee says.. I have blinds in the other green house & find they are as good as each other really.. I use coolglass for the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice