Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. CanadianLori

Overnight Temperature- How low do you go?

@sandymac thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kennyhicks

My peppers have arrived.

They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent to put a trug or some buckets filled with water so...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last night.If you have any space at the bottom of the tent...
    They look good, but assume they are outside and its just that the toms do not like it if the night time temp goes below 10c, which is happening with these clear nights, we recorded 2c last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kennyhicks

Tomato potting on

In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes. Principle is the same.I put a little compost in...
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs and other cartons as pots all of different sizes....
    In case helpful here's what I do when potting onI only use same-brand-and-size pots for everything, 'coz I have loads to do and it streamlines the process, but folk might be using Yogurt tubs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen

Recording / Logging Greenhouse Temperatures

Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an upturned plastic (mesh) crate, to allow some airflow (upwards) with the sensor on top, and then a...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an upturned plastic (mesh) crate, to allow some...
    Its between my greenhouses - North side of the one in front :) as I was trying to avoid any direct sun. If the wind howls from East or West it would definitely go through that gap ...I have a an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Adrian Dickerson

Black Hamburg grapevine in greenhouse- How many bunches should I allow to mature?

Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Hmmm, maybe, but I think the Hampton Court grapevine predates you by a couple of centuries or so!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. SheilaM

Plastic Greenhouse

@Kennyhicks that is lovely. Looks like there is scrim embedded in the plastic. Nice one!
    @Kennyhicks that is lovely. Looks like there is scrim embedded in the plastic. Nice one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo

Sweet pea germination

Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TubaTeacher

Complete Newbie....help/advice needed!

You beat me to it @ricky101 !
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Jupes

Newbie help - what to grow

It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots of young plants now .
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident yet buy some plug plants , garden centres have lots...
    It a good time to start sowing seeds like tomatoes ( they will need germinating on the windowsill first , then potting on into bigger pots , then into the greenhouse ) . If you're not confident...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Paul4321

Greenhouse or polytunnel?

@Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the...
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the reinforced points are bolted to the hard surface. In my case the base is hardcore and the bolts go...
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the reinforced points are bolted to the hard surface....
    @Paul4321 The 12*12 comes with 6 anchors. These are long bolts, about 9" long if I remember right, that are concreted in on soil and fasten to reinforced points on the base. On hard surfaces the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. mazambo

Led grow lights recommendations.

I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the...
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the temperature set at 20c. I'll be sowing some seed soon so that might be a better trial.
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the temperature set at 20c. I'll be sowing some seed...
    I've only got a few rooted cuttings and some bits and pieces at the moment Lori, just trying it out. Things are growing but only slowly, maybe I need to up it a bit on the 12 hr day, I've got the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Andeks

Tomato seeds

Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Hi,Thanks for your replies, will wait until March to sow. Will probably add some more varietys as suggested. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paddy

Air flow into greenhouse

Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the back away from the door and air will flow through :)
    Your screen door, if it's the kind we have here - where you can slide the glass to reveal a bug screened opening would be a good replacement for the louvers. Just make sure your vent is near the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Selleri

Swedish Couple Builds Greenhouse Around Home to Stay Warm and Grow Food All Year Long

Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the owners call a "weather station" that adjusts the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. CanadianLori

Do you remove your automatic vent openers in the winter?

Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do...
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do that later :)
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do that later :)
    Homes over here that are newer than 50 years usually do not have deep window sills. I brought up Mikey (that's his name) and have him near the garden doors. He needs a bit of tidying so I will do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Bubble wrap

My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative inside/outside presentation. Hopefully, I applied them to screen off uv rays. Internal insulation is via...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative inside/outside presentation. Hopefully, I applied them...
    My GH. Is a Halls cedarwood build. Purchased second hand in 1984. Replaced the roof glass with twin walled poly carbonate sheets some time back. The poly carb sheets have an alternative...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jane0o0

Greenhouse Tomatoes

You probably overfed the tomatoe plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jane0o0

Tomato plants and Spiders

Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. LoveSunshine

Growing watermelons in the uk? Other ideas?

Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from asda..ended up, one had mildew, the other 2 just...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    554A4F52-C1A8-4432-9D24-0A5479C52497.jpeg 20170918_085335.jpg 20170713_154826.jpg 20170812_141244.jpg 20170812_141324.jpg 20190624_231015.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice