1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Larkshall

Greenhouse Guttering

I understand what you are saying Larkshall, here's my experience.A few years back I 'invested' in a couple of IBCs - they are hold 1000 litres each and catch the rain off my shed roof....
    I understand what you are saying Larkshall, here's my experience.A few years back I 'invested' in a couple of IBCs - they are hold 1000 litres each and catch the rain off my shed roof. Although I said 'invest' it will never pay back financially as 1000l of water costs about £1 in our area...
    I understand what you are saying Larkshall, here's my experience.A few years back I 'invested' in a couple of IBCs - they are hold 1000 litres each and catch the rain off my shed roof. Although I said 'invest' it will never pay back...
    I understand what you are saying Larkshall, here's my experience.A few years back I 'invested' in a couple of IBCs - they are hold 1000 litres each and catch the rain off my shed roof....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Angelo_R

Reparing/Replacing Rotten Wooden base for Greenhouse

I'm lucky with the wooden base of my GH, it's teak that was once part of colliery headgear. It's probably now around 100 years old and there's no sign of rot. The same though can't be said for...
    I'm lucky with the wooden base of my GH, it's teak that was once part of colliery headgear. It's probably now around 100 years old and there's no sign of rot. The same though can't be said for some parts of the wooden framework, it's about 25 years since I built it and has started to rot in...
    I'm lucky with the wooden base of my GH, it's teak that was once part of colliery headgear. It's probably now around 100 years old and there's no sign of rot. The same though can't be said for some parts of the wooden framework, it's about 25...
    I'm lucky with the wooden base of my GH, it's teak that was once part of colliery headgear. It's probably now around 100 years old and there's no sign of rot. The same though can't be said for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wilroda

greenhouse suphur candles - oops!

I don't know whether the blighters here are more resistant, but its been a bad year here for them.The Encarisa didn't seem to make any impact, and for the non-Organic sprays I have used this...
    I don't know whether the blighters here are more resistant, but its been a bad year here for them.The Encarisa didn't seem to make any impact, and for the non-Organic sprays I have used this year (not on the Encarsia obviously!!) the food crops would have had to be sprayed more times / more...
    I don't know whether the blighters here are more resistant, but its been a bad year here for them.The Encarisa didn't seem to make any impact, and for the non-Organic sprays I have used this year (not on the Encarsia obviously!!) the food crops...
    I don't know whether the blighters here are more resistant, but its been a bad year here for them.The Encarisa didn't seem to make any impact, and for the non-Organic sprays I have used this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sadowska

which growhouse to choose?

Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you want to purchase. If your only starting out there are many cheapy ones and even secondhand ones...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you want to purchase. If your only starting out there...
    Nison produce a small range of polycarb greenhouses and the buget one has 10 year guarantee whilst the top grade has 15 year guarantee so pick your budget for the size and type of greenhouse you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. IDigPerfectSquareHoles

what to do with greenhouse while on holiday

thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out...
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out of the shed for the same reasons (heat) didn't get flooded so all is well :yay:
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out of the shed for the same reasons (heat) didn't get...
    thanks everyone, didn't get the time to read your posts before I left (mad rush!) but I did take the trays out and came back to some lettuce sprouts! :dbgrtmb: luckily my wormery which had to be taken out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. moonraker

Do you heat during the winter?

Clear uv poly would look better and let more light in. When i get a new battery for the lux meter i`ll do a test to see what the difference is.
    Clear uv poly would look better and let more light in. When i get a new battery for the lux meter i`ll do a test to see what the difference is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. MostlyVegsSouthCotswolds
    Like x 3

Greenhouse Automatic Watering

@RobinS good going! :pathd:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Spacemunkey

How hot does a greenhouse get???

It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live...
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live about 30 minutes drive away
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live about 30 minutes drive away
    It didn't look anything like that picture today the fog really came down. I was surprised by how many people were ascending today there were literally hundreds!!!! I'm quite lucky I only live...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. MrsTea

Greenhouse: glass or plastic

Instead of glass or plastic panes, would polythene sheeting be practical? My noobie logic says that if it's good enough for a polytunnel, it has to be okay for a GH - fact or fantasy?
    Instead of glass or plastic panes, would polythene sheeting be practical? My noobie logic says that if it's good enough for a polytunnel, it has to be okay for a GH - fact or fantasy?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jimlard

Which make of greenhouse?

I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter insulation / reduced draughts More expensive if a pane breaks, but IME (touch wood!) that's a rare...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter insulation / reduced draughts More expensive if a...
    I wonder if there is any reason why they are not more commonplace? No overlap joint = no gunk getting between the panes, and a tight fit against the frame all the way around - good for winter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. johnygrowall
    Like x 3

my green house build

Great minds think alike as they say. I was just about to ask the same:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Joe Bristol

New greenhouse / how to make a base

Wow Martin! And to think, I just put a few slabs down and stuck my greenhouse on top lol!
    Wow Martin! And to think, I just put a few slabs down and stuck my greenhouse on top lol!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nFrost

Adding ventilation to a fly away plastic greenhouse

Yes indeed - along with the other standard engineering tools of cable ties & gaffa tape...
    Yes indeed - along with the other standard engineering tools of cable ties & gaffa tape...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mellor3456

Automatic watering

Just received my Orbit water controller and the Hozelock irrigation kit . The Orbit is robustly made and programming it is really really simple. You just follow the setting dial. The set up photo...
    Just received my Orbit water controller and the Hozelock irrigation kit . The Orbit is robustly made and programming it is really really simple. You just follow the setting dial. The set up photo below shows the Controller , pressure reducer , Hozelock tap connector and irrigation hose Ø13 x...
    Just received my Orbit water controller and the Hozelock irrigation kit . The Orbit is robustly made and programming it is really really simple. You just follow the setting dial. The set up photo below shows the Controller , pressure reducer ,...
    Just received my Orbit water controller and the Hozelock irrigation kit . The Orbit is robustly made and programming it is really really simple. You just follow the setting dial. The set up photo...
    20180603_121006.jpg 20180603_121204.jpg 20180603_123540.jpg 20180603_123548.jpg 20180603_123614.jpg 20180603_123636.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. goldenlay

windproof greenhouse

Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Goldenlay,Try this chap on Ebay , prices I have seen so far 10'6 x 6'6 �£499.00 plus delivery :eek:Nathan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. dalbuie

Ants in greenhouse

Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how you put it Steve.
    Ant traps have always worked for me, the bait jobs, I think it was Nippon... but yeah, we have got rid of an infestation within 48 hours in the house every time we use them. I heard they work how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. touchwood

Plants in my green house dying

Agreed, scorch. I suffered it with my french beans, easily done. Cheers...freddy.
    Agreed, scorch. I suffered it with my french beans, easily done. Cheers...freddy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sargan

Marley Greenhouse Spares

Hi ... my father has a Marley lean-to greenhouse ... aluminium & glass. the centre door has come off the hanging / running rail, on the doors still affixed there are what looks like white...
    Hi ... my father has a Marley lean-to greenhouse ... aluminium & glass. the centre door has come off the hanging / running rail, on the doors still affixed there are what looks like white nylon 'top hats' bolted to top of door frame. On the 'loose' door, thee are only 2 T bolts sticking up,...
    Hi ... my father has a Marley lean-to greenhouse ... aluminium & glass. the centre door has come off the hanging / running rail, on the doors still affixed there are what looks like white nylon 'top hats' bolted to top of door frame. On the...
    Hi ... my father has a Marley lean-to greenhouse ... aluminium & glass. the centre door has come off the hanging / running rail, on the doors still affixed there are what looks like white...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Loofah

Shading

Excellent. I'll be interested to know how you then feel that that helps temperature control.
    Excellent. I'll be interested to know how you then feel that that helps temperature control.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. noidea

seed trays in greenhouse drying out very quickly

"never remember the water cycle I learned at school"Water evaporates from the surface, or plants transpire it, and it condenses on the plastic. Ha!"I think it was Kristen who gave me the...
    "never remember the water cycle I learned at school"Water evaporates from the surface, or plants transpire it, and it condenses on the plastic. Ha!"I think it was Kristen who gave me the idea."Could be, I grew all my seeds in "pans" (as in "shallow pots") in plastic bags last year.This...
    "never remember the water cycle I learned at school"Water evaporates from the surface, or plants transpire it, and it condenses on the plastic. Ha!"I think it was Kristen who gave me the idea."Could be, I grew all my seeds in "pans" (as in...
    "never remember the water cycle I learned at school"Water evaporates from the surface, or plants transpire it, and it condenses on the plastic. Ha!"I think it was Kristen who gave me the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice