1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Dave W

Paint It Black - Your GH Wall!

Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep shadows as you do on a bright sunny day. The light gets dispersed as it comes through the cloud layer and...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep shadows as you do on a bright sunny day. The light gets...
    Once the light becomes dispersed it will bounce off everything, much more so than direct light. So you get it coming from all directions. That is why on a cloudy day you don't get such deep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chickychic

greenhouse ???

Or an electric fencer with the wire 1" below the top so as to prevent it getting cats but within the area that would be griped!
    Or an electric fencer with the wire 1" below the top so as to prevent it getting cats but within the area that would be griped!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Misty

Whitefly in the greenhouse

I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    I use sticky yellow cards in greenhouse and polytunnel. They don't completely eliminate the pest but do reduce it quite a bit. You have to keep them quite close to your plants.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sarah_999

To greenhouse...

Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Well done Sarah, good to have you back and I'm sure you'll have lots of enjoyment filling it up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. PeterS

Serious greenhouse

Sarraceniacstunning staffy my favorite dog in the worldand that greenhouse makes mine look like a match box :eek:
    Sarraceniacstunning staffy my favorite dog in the worldand that greenhouse makes mine look like a match box :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. mowgley

Fitting a auto vent

Looks great Mowgley! My autovent has been working over the last week or so and I've recorded 25 degrees celsius inside! Only about 18 today tho!
    Looks great Mowgley! My autovent has been working over the last week or so and I've recorded 25 degrees celsius inside! Only about 18 today tho!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. shimsham

Greenhouse

Hi Shimsham, welcome to GC, and I love your name.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ethansmum

Howw safe are those plastic greenhouses/coldframes?

borrowers, it sounds we have the same g/h type of thing. I know i got the same one has helen did last year. It certainly hasn't bared well in this harsh winter we've had, with all the rain and...
    borrowers, it sounds we have the same g/h type of thing. I know i got the same one has helen did last year. It certainly hasn't bared well in this harsh winter we've had, with all the rain and wind.Hello again all fellow gardeners! Not been around for a couple of months.
    borrowers, it sounds we have the same g/h type of thing. I know i got the same one has helen did last year. It certainly hasn't bared well in this harsh winter we've had, with all the rain and wind.Hello again all fellow gardeners! Not been...
    borrowers, it sounds we have the same g/h type of thing. I know i got the same one has helen did last year. It certainly hasn't bared well in this harsh winter we've had, with all the rain and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mrs Bobs

An unusual visitor to my greenhouse

Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Kandy behave
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. clio

gravel& greenhouse

John, Strongys right small door far end large door this end, there is a path at the back between the door and fence,the path in the tunnel is off centre to allow for tall plants to be put in the...
    John, Strongys right small door far end large door this end, there is a path at the back between the door and fence,the path in the tunnel is off centre to allow for tall plants to be put in the middle and reach their potential.
    John, Strongys right small door far end large door this end, there is a path at the back between the door and fence,the path in the tunnel is off centre to allow for tall plants to be put in the middle and reach their potential.
    John, Strongys right small door far end large door this end, there is a path at the back between the door and fence,the path in the tunnel is off centre to allow for tall plants to be put in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Alasdair

Greenhouse Help

sorry
    sorry
    sorry
    sorry
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Loofah

Custom greenhouse

I should add iroko is not one that I classed as "strange", its been used for garden furniture and other general joinery for years as a cheaper alternative to teak.The "strange" ones are usually...
    I should add iroko is not one that I classed as "strange", its been used for garden furniture and other general joinery for years as a cheaper alternative to teak.The "strange" ones are usually unpronounceable. :D
    I should add iroko is not one that I classed as "strange", its been used for garden furniture and other general joinery for years as a cheaper alternative to teak.The "strange" ones are usually unpronounceable. :D
    I should add iroko is not one that I classed as "strange", its been used for garden furniture and other general joinery for years as a cheaper alternative to teak.The "strange" ones are usually...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Synthhead

Garlic and onions in the greenhouse?

thanks vegmandan i will do that :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Domestos Godess

Smoke bombing a greenhouse

I stick to Jeyes fluid and power washing best of all.And certainly before any plants go in.
    I stick to Jeyes fluid and power washing best of all.And certainly before any plants go in.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Vince

Greenhouse Glass

Go on to your local Freecycle, Vince.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sleppy

greenhouse glass

Pal, not doubting your advice but wouldnt the glazing tape be a better bet than silicone. If the glass breaks its a pregnant dog to clean silicone off.
    Pal, not doubting your advice but wouldnt the glazing tape be a better bet than silicone. If the glass breaks its a pregnant dog to clean silicone off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sleppy

GH glazing

Hi all, Thankyou for all your help and advice.. MUCHLY appreciated, i think silicone the cheapest way out... well i'll give it a go, being a novice, might make a mess.. never mind, so long as me...
    Hi all, Thankyou for all your help and advice.. MUCHLY appreciated, i think silicone the cheapest way out... well i'll give it a go, being a novice, might make a mess.. never mind, so long as me glass stays in... < ))... Regards Paul.
    Hi all, Thankyou for all your help and advice.. MUCHLY appreciated, i think silicone the cheapest way out... well i'll give it a go, being a novice, might make a mess.. never mind, so long as me glass stays in... < ))... Regards Paul.
    Hi all, Thankyou for all your help and advice.. MUCHLY appreciated, i think silicone the cheapest way out... well i'll give it a go, being a novice, might make a mess.. never mind, so long as me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Meefster

Growbag greenhouse

Check out wilko website(wilkinsons)they have some ..good price aswell,oh by the way wellcome http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/
    Check out wilko website(wilkinsons)they have some ..good price aswell,oh by the way wellcome http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Loofah

Aluminium hexagonal gh assembly instructions

I'm taking the slow path to building it and taking WOOs advice - several days and plenty of embrocation breaks to avoid frustration! Going OK so far and having the hard standing completed on Sunday...
    I'm taking the slow path to building it and taking WOOs advice - several days and plenty of embrocation breaks to avoid frustration! Going OK so far and having the hard standing completed on Sunday...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kavey

Greenhouse & Hard Standing Advice Sought. Thank you!

Just noticed your london so factor in an extra �£400 as prices are higher and im still cheaper!
    Just noticed your london so factor in an extra �£400 as prices are higher and im still cheaper!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice