1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. thriftybri

tomatoes watering

thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    thanks for info
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jane0o0

Tomato plants and Spiders

Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Hi jane Spiders are a good thing in the greenhouse I have loads every year I see spiders nests with hundreds of baby spiders, I never get problems with aphids. regards Alex
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. LoveSunshine

Growing watermelons in the uk? Other ideas?

Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from asda..ended up, one had mildew, the other 2 just...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also managed to germinate some from a honey dew melon from...
    Don't have experience with a greenhouse but I have the use of a polytunnel on my allotment site, 2 years ago I had some really good beginners luck. The seed was "sugar baby" from lidl. Also...
    554A4F52-C1A8-4432-9D24-0A5479C52497.jpeg 20170918_085335.jpg 20170713_154826.jpg 20170812_141244.jpg 20170812_141324.jpg 20190624_231015.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mazambo

Heated seed beds?

I've got 6 of the things and so a lot of plugs. Wish I'd known about the bigger ones earlier :doh: What the heck. I've got sand and stuff - experimenting shall begin soon :)
    I've got 6 of the things and so a lot of plugs. Wish I'd known about the bigger ones earlier :doh: What the heck. I've got sand and stuff - experimenting shall begin soon :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. thriftybri

cucumber plants dying

Thanks guys for your answers
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Pushkin

Shelf on back of greenhouse (outside)

On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the bracket and you could use standard greenhouse brackets.
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame, bolt to the frame then a hole in the front of the...
    On similar lines as @ricky101 if your channel is the same as mine you could use L shape brackets (or get some 3mm aluminium strip and bend yourself to fit) and drill through the glazing frame,...
    001692.jpg 001693.jpg 20190602_172811.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. jane0o0

Tomato growing tip

Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Harvested first tomatoes today 15th May two sungold and two gardeners delight regards Sandy
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Paul Blackburn

Greenhouse Heater

I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell gas previously but is now flogas.
    I took a bottle back to our local supplier. It was about 17 years old, bought from the same shop. They honoured the exchange but the bottle was out of proof so would be scrapped.It was shell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

Growing Tomato and Chillies

I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    I'm no expert Paul but I would think early May. Just keep re potting the Tomatoes deeper in the next size pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jane0o0

Courgettes

We all do it , every year, never learn... !! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Grum Tum

Sealant/Putty on a Polycarbonate/Aluminium framed Greenhouse?

Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Yup, @ricky101, that is it. It is wide enough to have nearly and each going up both side and I cut it a 1/2" too long so that I could squish the two sides together to make a total seal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Greenhouse window?

Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without unscrewing it?
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is there any other way to slide it back in without...
    Hi everyone I have an old halls greenhouse and the wind has blown the window frame out of where it hinges, it's happened before and I have to unscrew the autovent to tilt and slide it back in, is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Grow lights in greenhouse

You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    You are right Lori - I've got a timer plug that I can set up. I actually put them on today 10-1 during the day as it is sooo grey and dull here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Carllennon

Replacement Panels

Give these a try in the new year. MK City Glass Milton Keynes Glaziers
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. CarolineL

New greenhouse - some help please

Why not have it ALL glass or glass substitute?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mazambo

Cell growing?

I use cells for virtually everything, either sowing directly into them (especially larger seeds) or pricking out seedlings into them and, rather than using pots or seed tray, I sow seeds for...
    I use cells for virtually everything, either sowing directly into them (especially larger seeds) or pricking out seedlings into them and, rather than using pots or seed tray, I sow seeds for pricking out in individual/strips/blocks of cells from 40x, 24x & 15x trays, then I can snip off...
    I use cells for virtually everything, either sowing directly into them (especially larger seeds) or pricking out seedlings into them and, rather than using pots or seed tray, I sow seeds for pricking out in individual/strips/blocks of cells from...
    I use cells for virtually everything, either sowing directly into them (especially larger seeds) or pricking out seedlings into them and, rather than using pots or seed tray, I sow seeds for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. mazambo

Show Model Greenhouses 50% off.

I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a friend of mine, I managed to break the last side pane of safety glass which crumbled into sugar like...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a friend of mine, I managed to break the last side...
    I bought my Green House from them, mazambo, and visited them on the small industrial site where they are. I found them to be really friendly and helpful and when building the Green House, with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mazambo

Auto vent over winter

I unscrew the hexagonal threaded knobs that the pistons push onto, so the roof vents don't open, possibly letting in birds, horizontal rain, etc., in when I'm not checking it every day.
    I unscrew the hexagonal threaded knobs that the pistons push onto, so the roof vents don't open, possibly letting in birds, horizontal rain, etc., in when I'm not checking it every day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Greg C

Small greenhouse - heating ideas?

Hi Greg CFirst of all, the terracotta pot heating idea I saw here is genius, bloody love it! I got another idea for heating without a mains supply though - a portable propane heater. I'm not...
    Hi Greg CFirst of all, the terracotta pot heating idea I saw here is genius, bloody love it! I got another idea for heating without a mains supply though - a portable propane heater. I'm not sure if one would fit in there, I was having a look here: The Best Shed Heaters of 2018 - A...
    Hi Greg CFirst of all, the terracotta pot heating idea I saw here is genius, bloody love it! I got another idea for heating without a mains supply though - a portable propane heater. I'm not sure if one would fit in there, I was having a look...
    Hi Greg CFirst of all, the terracotta pot heating idea I saw here is genius, bloody love it! I got another idea for heating without a mains supply though - a portable propane heater. I'm not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phyzio

Seeking Instructions for old NHM Ltd Greenhouse Assembly.

First thing to determine is the rough dimensions. Then determine which are the base pieces. Then work from there. If you are practical and have a good sense of spacial relationships, you’ll work...
    First thing to determine is the rough dimensions. Then determine which are the base pieces. Then work from there. If you are practical and have a good sense of spacial relationships, you’ll work it out. Give yourself plenty of time to make mistakes and you’ll get there. The biggest problem may...
    First thing to determine is the rough dimensions. Then determine which are the base pieces. Then work from there. If you are practical and have a good sense of spacial relationships, you’ll work it out. Give yourself plenty of time to make...
    First thing to determine is the rough dimensions. Then determine which are the base pieces. Then work from there. If you are practical and have a good sense of spacial relationships, you’ll work...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice