1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Growing

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. clueless1
    Like x 5

Temporary greenhouse - Bargain?

I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Greenfingers they really are a useful site and they are always happy to put anything right that you are not happy with............:)
    I have bought quite a lot of stuff from Greenfingers they really are a useful site and they are always happy to put anything right that you are not happy with............:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gardening Newbie

Taping Bubble Plastic

Yes, it's sold as 'tunnel tape' or 'all weather tape' amonst other things. I think i've seen it in B&Q, it's usually clear with a green tint, expect to pay �£5 to �£10 a 4 inch wide roll. So...
    Yes, it's sold as 'tunnel tape' or 'all weather tape' amonst other things. I think i've seen it in B&Q, it's usually clear with a green tint, expect to pay �£5 to �£10 a 4 inch wide roll. So long as the polythene is dry & dust free then it makes a very strong join.
    Yes, it's sold as 'tunnel tape' or 'all weather tape' amonst other things. I think i've seen it in B&Q, it's usually clear with a green tint, expect to pay �£5 to �£10 a 4 inch wide roll. So long as the polythene is dry & dust free then it...
    Yes, it's sold as 'tunnel tape' or 'all weather tape' amonst other things. I think i've seen it in B&Q, it's usually clear with a green tint, expect to pay �£5 to �£10 a 4 inch wide roll. So...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. lukenotts

Taking my seedlings into greenhouse

Now now... dont tempt me to try this too!I have read that coleus from seed tend to send out flower spikes more often, however, i'm hoping to nip them out the very second that they appear. Im...
    Now now... dont tempt me to try this too!I have read that coleus from seed tend to send out flower spikes more often, however, i'm hoping to nip them out the very second that they appear. Im hoping to grow Coleus Palisanda as a standard... i think it will be trial and error (with a bit of...
    Now now... dont tempt me to try this too!I have read that coleus from seed tend to send out flower spikes more often, however, i'm hoping to nip them out the very second that they appear. Im hoping to grow Coleus Palisanda as a standard... i...
    Now now... dont tempt me to try this too!I have read that coleus from seed tend to send out flower spikes more often, however, i'm hoping to nip them out the very second that they appear. Im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mazambo

Sweet pea germination

Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Those colour lights would do my head in! :rolleyespink:I'll see whether the flower has opened more today - or whether it has decided it doesn't like this time of year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Selleri

Swedish Couple Builds Greenhouse Around Home to Stay Warm and Grow Food All Year Long

Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the owners call a "weather station" that adjusts the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150 000, not more. Ventilation is controlled by what the...
    Obviously, I do know a bit about this house. There's been quite a few reports on it in Swedish media. Answering some of the comments made...To build it cost in terms of UK currency about £150...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. HelenH

Support for staging

No such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers!:DI don't need A-frame trestles as my GH has low double brick walls at the sides and a floor to roof upen wooden frame in middle so I...
    No such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers!:DI don't need A-frame trestles as my GH has low double brick walls at the sides and a floor to roof upen wooden frame in middle so I can use four long lengths of timber to support staging (which is old alloy 'trays' recovered from a...
    No such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers!:DI don't need A-frame trestles as my GH has low double brick walls at the sides and a floor to roof upen wooden frame in middle so I can use four long lengths of timber to support...
    No such thing as a stupid question - only stupid answers!:DI don't need A-frame trestles as my GH has low double brick walls at the sides and a floor to roof upen wooden frame in middle so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. GardenGuru

Summer greenhouse care

Hi there not been her for a while had to re-reg, got a question for anyone who can help. Got a new greenhouse its polycarbonate had a glass one before not sure if a should put shading in it like i...
    Hi there not been her for a while had to re-reg, got a question for anyone who can help. Got a new greenhouse its polycarbonate had a glass one before not sure if a should put shading in it like i did with glass,i was using the green mesh type before which you just clip in,anyone know ?
    Hi there not been her for a while had to re-reg, got a question for anyone who can help. Got a new greenhouse its polycarbonate had a glass one before not sure if a should put shading in it like i did with glass,i was using the green mesh type...
    Hi there not been her for a while had to re-reg, got a question for anyone who can help. Got a new greenhouse its polycarbonate had a glass one before not sure if a should put shading in it like i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ricky101

Suitable Heater for largish propagator ?

Would love one, but don't think my neighbours would ! (small urban back gardens) :)
    Would love one, but don't think my neighbours would ! (small urban back gardens) :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. aneng

Suitable base for 8 x 6 greenhouse ?

Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be...
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be distributed along the length. Never had a paving slab crack.
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be distributed along the length. Never had a paving slab crack.
    Best option, worked for me for twenty years. If the ground is reasonably compacted after digging out, 3X2 paving slabs aren't goint to shift as long as they are level and the weight will be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Barry79

Storm Proofing Greenhouse

We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous consequences . Next time a storm is predicted I'll...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open so the wind could have got in with disastrous...
    We had the same problem in storm Arwen, it bowed the bottom rail in on the long side (12 feet), but fortunately no glass broke. Next morning we found the door, which is on a runner, had blown open...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jungle Jane

Storing Autovents for winter

If its a Bayliss, you just need to unscrew the end nut until it comes off.Then the vent wont open, you can just leave the cylinder in place.
    If its a Bayliss, you just need to unscrew the end nut until it comes off.Then the vent wont open, you can just leave the cylinder in place.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. billthefire

steralise greenhouse

what is the best way to steralise a greenhouse that has a grape vine in it
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Loki

Starting hardy annuals in the greenhouse

Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the...
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the greenhouse after this Monday ( wintery weather forecast again :frown:) thanks for all the tips and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the greenhouse after this Monday ( wintery weather...
    Well it could have been a mistake, chilly here now, but some of the pricked out plants are in the greenhouse :fingers crossed: I'm still sowing and growing indoors but I will try sowing some hardy annuals in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Madahhlia

Standard greenhouse glass sizes

Interesting, the panes I have are about 7200 square, I think. Those Dutch lights would be a bit of a pig to transport and handle being double that, the small panes are bad enough!
    Interesting, the panes I have are about 7200 square, I think. Those Dutch lights would be a bit of a pig to transport and handle being double that, the small panes are bad enough!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kapper5502

Staking Plastic Greenhouses

Hi, I have a small 4 tier one that just has a large piece of slate on the bottom and it hasn't moved in 3 years. My larger walk-in "blow-away" was re-inforced as described in this thread; :dbgrtmb:
    Hi, I have a small 4 tier one that just has a large piece of slate on the bottom and it hasn't moved in 3 years. My larger walk-in "blow-away" was re-inforced as described in this thread; :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Scrungee

Staging - Metal vs Timber and Manufactured vs DIY

I'd go for the metal ones - you could always drill some holes into the flat surfaces for drainage if needed; if you do drill them, a tin of silver Hammerite and a cotton bud is your friend - just...
    I'd go for the metal ones - you could always drill some holes into the flat surfaces for drainage if needed; if you do drill them, a tin of silver Hammerite and a cotton bud is your friend - just dip and run round the inside of the hole to seal the metal :)
    I'd go for the metal ones - you could always drill some holes into the flat surfaces for drainage if needed; if you do drill them, a tin of silver Hammerite and a cotton bud is your friend - just dip and run round the inside of the hole to seal...
    I'd go for the metal ones - you could always drill some holes into the flat surfaces for drainage if needed; if you do drill them, a tin of silver Hammerite and a cotton bud is your friend - just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Waco

staging

Thanks Hex, it makes much more sense now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Phil A
    Like x 10

Spring Madness is over

About 1.5 to 2 metres up and 1 to 1.5 across. Hardy in a mild winter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. LindsayH

Spinach in the greenhouse.

All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question but what is yellow mustard? Like you eat with...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded beans are hardier - good to know. Stupid question...
    All brilliant replies, thanks guys! I did think I was pushing my luck a bit but worth asking. Fern, we should compare new sheds! I'm trying to decide what colour to paint mine... Dark seeded...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tabitha

Sowing Winter Veg in the Greenhouse

Mustard, Land Cress, Mizuna, perpetual spinage all might be worth a go for some winter leaves.
    Mustard, Land Cress, Mizuna, perpetual spinage all might be worth a go for some winter leaves.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice