Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

WILDFLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING

Some lovely photos on this thread. The little celandines have just started opening over the last week or so round here.
    Some lovely photos on this thread. The little celandines have just started opening over the last week or so round here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 5

THE UK’s TOP 7 HERBS..

There's lots of wild garlic in the woods near us
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

Wild flowers

The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    The verges are snowy with bramble blossom. Every year a glut! And the rose hedging is colouring with hips. Flowery fruit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

COUNTRYSIDE CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLANTS...

Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent. Recently declared as a country park, the reserve...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of 560 acres on the slopes of the North Downs in...
    Good morning I am very fortunate that Ranscombe Farm reserve is less than 5 minutes from where I resideRanscombe Farm is Plantlife's largest nature reserve in England, occupying a total area of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Marley Farley

Wild Flowers you have seen while out walking....!

I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

WILD FLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN OUT WHILE OUT WALKING - 2017

@Marley Farley, I think they flower through till the end of September.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. claire5572

Wild sweet peas

Gorse is a painfull wine to make, but worth it. I would imagine the peas will be flowering soon.
    Gorse is a painfull wine to make, but worth it. I would imagine the peas will be flowering soon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jungle Jane

Reccomendations for Plants that look like Cow Parsley

I don't know where Mrs Shiney has planted the Thalictrum from @Kristen but she also wants to get the white version to go with it. Especially after I took these photos of some 6ft tall ones! :heehee:
    I don't know where Mrs Shiney has planted the Thalictrum from @Kristen but she also wants to get the white version to go with it. Especially after I took these photos of some 6ft tall ones! :heehee:
    P1200343.JPG P1200364.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Phil A

Wild flowers you have seen out walking 2016

I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly Agaric.A 'Beech' something or other!Amethyst...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lorea

Common Sage Pruning

drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course,...
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course, but they get bored with football and gardening as conversation and generally ignore me nowadays
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course, but they get bored with football and gardening as...
    drink singular??? As for speaking English, there is only my wife to speak to and only some of the time as we also talk Catalan. i only know locals (work and neighbours) plus the dogs of course,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Phil A

Focus on Herbs : Rosemary

Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix -...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix - attractively called "grey" here?).If you use lentils and pulses, Rosemary goes really well. In a lentil...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix - attractively called "grey" here?).If you use lentils and...
    Lots of ideas on veggie Rosemary use... Particularly fond of the Camembert one, and will try Rosemary bread soon (how much Rosemary per 500g of flour? White, wholemeal, or 2/3 1/3 mix -...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MrsK

Floppy windowsill coriander

Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter weight.Never got this far with coriander on the windowsill before -- would've eaten it all before it had a...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter weight.Never got this far with coriander on the...
    Less piquant, more subtle than the regular leaves. I'd never have guessed they grew on the same plant. Maybe stems remain more vertical now because these airy little leaves are of lighter...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mowerman

Getting rid of Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens).. help

One of my customers' garden has this stuff growing all over the place in borders.The tap roots on it are like nothing I've ever seen. They are well over an inch thick and go down longer than a...
    One of my customers' garden has this stuff growing all over the place in borders.The tap roots on it are like nothing I've ever seen. They are well over an inch thick and go down longer than a trench shovel can reach. It's incredibly hard to get them out without snapping the bottom off as they...
    One of my customers' garden has this stuff growing all over the place in borders.The tap roots on it are like nothing I've ever seen. They are well over an inch thick and go down longer than a trench shovel can reach. It's incredibly hard to...
    One of my customers' garden has this stuff growing all over the place in borders.The tap roots on it are like nothing I've ever seen. They are well over an inch thick and go down longer than a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ARMANDII

WILD FLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN WHILST OUT WALKING 2018

Link To New ThreadWILDFLOWERS YOUHAVE SEEN WHILE OUT WALKING 2019
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Phil A
    Like x 9

Herb Identification

@shiney :phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. leonora

Sad news

Well, she isn't closing altogether, just not sending out the herbs. If you can ever get to the premises, you can buy the herbs there...don't know if I will be able to do that, though! :scratch:
    Well, she isn't closing altogether, just not sending out the herbs. If you can ever get to the premises, you can buy the herbs there...don't know if I will be able to do that, though! :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. OBG

Wild watercress

Oh good lord!Why do they always end up in the stream it seems?! Poor things.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Freedom_Spark

Anyone here established their own wildflower meadow?

My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently...
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently waving in the breeze. :SUNsmile:
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently waving in the breeze. :SUNsmile:
    My wildflower 'meadow' area yesterday. On a hot June afternoon, sometimes it's lovely to just stop in the shade of the old apple tree and watch the grass seed heads and ox-eye daisies gently...
    DSC06230.JPG DSC06233.JPG DSC06235.JPG DSC06378.JPG DSC06379.JPG DSC06387.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. SimonZ

Native British Herbs

Fennel. Wild Garlic (or Ramsons).
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. SimonZ

The Many Joys of Wild Garlic

It was Seadown, Charmouth, not Seatown (where you get shut in the car park overnight). Will be down that way next month.
    It was Seadown, Charmouth, not Seatown (where you get shut in the car park overnight). Will be down that way next month.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Philip Hughes

Soil depth for wildflower planting

Where I used to live in Wales there was a Rowan Tree growing on top of a Telegraph pole. The only soil up there was wind blown slate dust and bird droppings :)
    Where I used to live in Wales there was a Rowan Tree growing on top of a Telegraph pole. The only soil up there was wind blown slate dust and bird droppings :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Logan
    Like x 3

wild your garden with Joel Ashton YouTube videos

How to maintain a wildlife pond in winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. BeeHappy

WEEDS WELCOME

I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg we.jpg 55d6b958b008172c65919c112c9da754--garden-quotes-veg-garden.jpg nature-knows-no-difference-between-weeds-and-flowers-quote-1.jpg 8d3837b3f25119c63983b098374c109b--the-weeds-garden-signs.jpg Butterflies animated banner.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Mowerman

Your Top 5 Worst Weeds

I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    I find the roots get tangled:love30: any of my plants near couch grass I've just given up on:sad:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice