1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Sezzle

my favourite wildflower

Ok, I am not sure, what is answering what to what on the above????
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Soup

Pale yellow "wildflower" - native to Scotland?

I would guess a Mullein. There tend to be lots around here this year-very eyecatching.
    I would guess a Mullein. There tend to be lots around here this year-very eyecatching.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Liz

Wildflowers

That looks beautiful! :thumb:I'm planning to do the same with a bit of border up the side of my house.
    That looks beautiful! :thumb:I'm planning to do the same with a bit of border up the side of my house.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. khampson

Growing various herbs?

I have Rosemary Mint (various - Apple Mint, Lavender Mint, Berries and Cream Mint, Ginger Mint). also Pennyroyal, which is a type of mint, I THNK!! Lavender - LOTS of lavender!! You can cook...
    I have Rosemary Mint (various - Apple Mint, Lavender Mint, Berries and Cream Mint, Ginger Mint). also Pennyroyal, which is a type of mint, I THNK!! Lavender - LOTS of lavender!! You can cook with lavender.....and anyway it smells so good. Orange scented thyme - this is heavenly, such a...
    I have Rosemary Mint (various - Apple Mint, Lavender Mint, Berries and Cream Mint, Ginger Mint). also Pennyroyal, which is a type of mint, I THNK!! Lavender - LOTS of lavender!! You can cook with lavender.....and anyway it smells so...
    I have Rosemary Mint (various - Apple Mint, Lavender Mint, Berries and Cream Mint, Ginger Mint). also Pennyroyal, which is a type of mint, I THNK!! Lavender - LOTS of lavender!! You can cook...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Steve R

Picking wildflowers

LOL thats basically the route i was going to take anyway:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. whis4ey

Wildflower meadow finished

We allow one of our fields to grow as a wild flower meadow and don't let the horses graze on it until late summer. We have a lovely display of flowers every year:thumb:
    We allow one of our fields to grow as a wild flower meadow and don't let the horses graze on it until late summer. We have a lovely display of flowers every year:thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria

Wildflowers of Portugal

wow. very pretty flowers. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. xirokx

planting herbs

I live in Norfolk and we are eating dill and corriander already from my raised bed. These seedlings seem too close and have had too little light. Perhaps turning the pot 180 degrees daily might...
    I live in Norfolk and we are eating dill and corriander already from my raised bed. These seedlings seem too close and have had too little light. Perhaps turning the pot 180 degrees daily might help too. Good luck.
    I live in Norfolk and we are eating dill and corriander already from my raised bed. These seedlings seem too close and have had too little light. Perhaps turning the pot 180 degrees daily might help too. Good luck.
    I live in Norfolk and we are eating dill and corriander already from my raised bed. These seedlings seem too close and have had too little light. Perhaps turning the pot 180 degrees daily might...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. whis4ey

The wildflower meadow .....

Good luck Whiskey. Despite taking cut grass away and refilling seeds every year, (this year Yellow Rattle) I fear this year, year 4, we will have few oxe-eye daisies as the grass and buttercups...
    Good luck Whiskey. Despite taking cut grass away and refilling seeds every year, (this year Yellow Rattle) I fear this year, year 4, we will have few oxe-eye daisies as the grass and buttercups take over. If so, we start again in the autumn with a plough and another plan.We cut August and...
    Good luck Whiskey. Despite taking cut grass away and refilling seeds every year, (this year Yellow Rattle) I fear this year, year 4, we will have few oxe-eye daisies as the grass and buttercups take over. If so, we start again in the autumn with...
    Good luck Whiskey. Despite taking cut grass away and refilling seeds every year, (this year Yellow Rattle) I fear this year, year 4, we will have few oxe-eye daisies as the grass and buttercups...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Aesculus

Wildflower book?

Hi Kalmia I use the Reader's Digest Field Guide to Wild Flowers it cost me 11.99 a few years ago, it's now 8.99 on play.com including delivery. The only drawback is that it can be confusing...
    Hi Kalmia I use the Reader's Digest Field Guide to Wild Flowers it cost me 11.99 a few years ago, it's now 8.99 on play.com including delivery. The only drawback is that it can be confusing because it is set out in plant families and I prefer to look up the flower colour and work from there, but...
    Hi Kalmia I use the Reader's Digest Field Guide to Wild Flowers it cost me 11.99 a few years ago, it's now 8.99 on play.com including delivery. The only drawback is that it can be confusing because it is set out in plant families and I prefer to...
    Hi Kalmia I use the Reader's Digest Field Guide to Wild Flowers it cost me 11.99 a few years ago, it's now 8.99 on play.com including delivery. The only drawback is that it can be confusing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. nickp

Supermarket Herbs

Just bought some parsley from A Well-Known Supermarket, (no, not Tesco) but I don't hold out much hope, parsley's a bit difficult...... I do sometimes buy herbs from their Garden Centre...
    Just bought some parsley from A Well-Known Supermarket, (no, not Tesco) but I don't hold out much hope, parsley's a bit difficult...... I do sometimes buy herbs from their Garden Centre Department, but usually I buy them from Jekka's Herb Farm. Just off home to do some more planting!!
    Just bought some parsley from A Well-Known Supermarket, (no, not Tesco) but I don't hold out much hope, parsley's a bit difficult...... I do sometimes buy herbs from their Garden Centre Department, but usually I buy them from Jekka's Herb...
    Just bought some parsley from A Well-Known Supermarket, (no, not Tesco) but I don't hold out much hope, parsley's a bit difficult...... I do sometimes buy herbs from their Garden Centre...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Simon BWFC

Herbaceous Plants - Bolton

Go to Gordon Riggs in Walsden and/or Rochdale.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. persephony

Herb compatability

I was intrigued about that many years ago Persephony.. I used to companion plant in planters & beds whenever I could.. . Depending on how big your container is, here are some herb...
    I was intrigued about that many years ago Persephony.. I used to companion plant in planters & beds whenever I could.. . Depending on how big your container is, here are some herb combinations that will all grow well together as companions in pots:1) Sage, rosemary, lavender, thyme and...
    I was intrigued about that many years ago Persephony.. I used to companion plant in planters & beds whenever I could.. . Depending on how big your container is, here are some herb combinations that will all grow well together as companions...
    I was intrigued about that many years ago Persephony.. I used to companion plant in planters & beds whenever I could.. . Depending on how big your container is, here are some herb...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. leonora

'The Great British Herb Revolution'

OOOOOH ! I read this halfway through a cup of tea. LOOKAT THE STATE OF MY KEYBOARD ! God I love Basil, and the wee rat was cute too !
    OOOOOH ! I read this halfway through a cup of tea. LOOKAT THE STATE OF MY KEYBOARD ! God I love Basil, and the wee rat was cute too !
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. linlin

Wildflower meadow (again)

Hmm - I do understand what you're saying but I need to consider that I may not keep the house for very long. What would a potential buyer want....a wildflower meadow? Yes, in flower only.
    Hmm - I do understand what you're saying but I need to consider that I may not keep the house for very long. What would a potential buyer want....a wildflower meadow? Yes, in flower only.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Herb

Growing wild flowers

Almost certainly, at least you know it is not something you have done or not done.
    Almost certainly, at least you know it is not something you have done or not done.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Wildflowers or Cultivated?

Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Thats so pretty!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. shiney

Seen in the wild

Shiney,they would be ok for us as our North border at the bottom of the garden is very wet so they would be happy there.We have managed to grow for the last two years Ragged-Robin[Lychnis...
    Shiney,they would be ok for us as our North border at the bottom of the garden is very wet so they would be happy there.We have managed to grow for the last two years Ragged-Robin[Lychnis flos-cuculi} and it is shedding it's seeds everywhere with a little help from me so it might be worth trying...
    Shiney,they would be ok for us as our North border at the bottom of the garden is very wet so they would be happy there.We have managed to grow for the last two years Ragged-Robin[Lychnis flos-cuculi} and it is shedding it's seeds everywhere with...
    Shiney,they would be ok for us as our North border at the bottom of the garden is very wet so they would be happy there.We have managed to grow for the last two years Ragged-Robin[Lychnis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Paul West Sussex

Perenials / hardys / herbaceous

And now for the real answer. Annuals, these are sown and flower the same year. Biennials, these are sown one year to flower the next. Perennials, these are your trees and shrubs. Herbaceous...
    And now for the real answer. Annuals, these are sown and flower the same year. Biennials, these are sown one year to flower the next. Perennials, these are your trees and shrubs. Herbaceous Perennials, these are plants which grow, flower and die back every year. Among these are Dicentra, Phlox,...
    And now for the real answer. Annuals, these are sown and flower the same year. Biennials, these are sown one year to flower the next. Perennials, these are your trees and shrubs. Herbaceous Perennials, these are plants which grow, flower and die...
    And now for the real answer. Annuals, these are sown and flower the same year. Biennials, these are sown one year to flower the next. Perennials, these are your trees and shrubs. Herbaceous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. linlin

Wildflower Meadow

This link from the BBC looks to me like it fits your description Linlin http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A617564
    This link from the BBC looks to me like it fits your description Linlin http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A617564
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice