1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Tess

herbs and flowers ?

The flowers can last just as long as the leaves especially the calendula as they self seed and the flowers come all summer..The same with the nastertiums as they also self seed and keep...
    The flowers can last just as long as the leaves especially the calendula as they self seed and the flowers come all summer..The same with the nastertiums as they also self seed and keep coming..you can also get many different thyme plants with different colour flowers.. Most of the herbs go...
    The flowers can last just as long as the leaves especially the calendula as they self seed and the flowers come all summer..The same with the nastertiums as they also self seed and keep coming..you can also get many different thyme plants with...
    The flowers can last just as long as the leaves especially the calendula as they self seed and the flowers come all summer..The same with the nastertiums as they also self seed and keep...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Charlie

Wild Cherry?

:( Hmmm, will have another think....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rosa
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. newbiegrower

which of these herbs will last over...................

Chives will die down - but come back perenially, parsley is a maybe - but I would treat the others as an annual crop - you could try letting a couple go over to seed, and collect it for next year.
    Chives will die down - but come back perenially, parsley is a maybe - but I would treat the others as an annual crop - you could try letting a couple go over to seed, and collect it for next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. LCH

Herbs with spots on

Hi, I have a herb patch in my garden but nearly all the herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme, parsley) have white/yellow spots all over the leaves. Can anyone tell me why and how to stop this?Thanks
    Hi, I have a herb patch in my garden but nearly all the herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme, parsley) have white/yellow spots all over the leaves. Can anyone tell me why and how to stop this?Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. LCH

Spotty Herbs

Hi, I have a herb patch in my garden but nearly all the herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme, parsley) have white spots all over the leaves. Can anyone tell me why and how to stop this?Thanks
    Hi, I have a herb patch in my garden but nearly all the herbs (mint, rosemary, thyme, parsley) have white spots all over the leaves. Can anyone tell me why and how to stop this?Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Waco

Mediterranien wild flowers?

Thanks - I have several books by Roger Phillips, but non onwild flowers, I had better go look on ebay then.THANKS
    Thanks - I have several books by Roger Phillips, but non onwild flowers, I had better go look on ebay then.THANKS
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. roders

Beautiful Wildflowers.

Happy and Sad, Jekyll & Hyde, going through the change, my dearest? Lovely pics.
    Happy and Sad, Jekyll & Hyde, going through the change, my dearest? Lovely pics.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stingo

Wild garlic and Lily of the valley

Hubby managed to get rid of nearly all of our Lily of the Valley that had taken over various flower beds. It was a very hard job getting all the bits of root out. Just left a bit in one rather...
    Hubby managed to get rid of nearly all of our Lily of the Valley that had taken over various flower beds. It was a very hard job getting all the bits of root out. Just left a bit in one rather out-of-the-way place.Now I am having second thoughts about the wild garlic which I recently...
    Hubby managed to get rid of nearly all of our Lily of the Valley that had taken over various flower beds. It was a very hard job getting all the bits of root out. Just left a bit in one rather out-of-the-way place.Now I am having second...
    Hubby managed to get rid of nearly all of our Lily of the Valley that had taken over various flower beds. It was a very hard job getting all the bits of root out. Just left a bit in one rather...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. elainefiz

Herbs for a brides bouquet?

Sorry folks - it's a Tussie Mussie - I got the words the wrong way round. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sammyveggiesbmth

herbs

sorry sorry herbs and wild flowers has its own thing please delete this sorry will read all of it now as punishment!!!!
    sorry sorry herbs and wild flowers has its own thing please delete this sorry will read all of it now as punishment!!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. compost maker

Dogwood left wild

I have a Cornus Kousa which bares the fruit. Planted it in around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just starting to get some sun at last in it's position. All bare branches at the moment but hopefully this...
    I have a Cornus Kousa which bares the fruit. Planted it in around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just starting to get some sun at last in it's position. All bare branches at the moment but hopefully this eventually will be tall enough to blot out the windows opposite that look into our garden.
    I have a Cornus Kousa which bares the fruit. Planted it in around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just starting to get some sun at last in it's position. All bare branches at the moment but hopefully this eventually will be tall enough to blot out the windows...
    I have a Cornus Kousa which bares the fruit. Planted it in around 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just starting to get some sun at last in it's position. All bare branches at the moment but hopefully this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bella Donna

Shaded herb garden

Dear Bella Donna...( I like a lot your nick )Under conifers I suggest,( I know..they are not herbs or wildflowers..)Lamium galeobdolon..I had many good results with it....a friendly...
    Dear Bella Donna...( I like a lot your nick )Under conifers I suggest,( I know..they are not herbs or wildflowers..)Lamium galeobdolon..I had many good results with it....a friendly CIAO.. from me..
    Dear Bella Donna...( I like a lot your nick )Under conifers I suggest,( I know..they are not herbs or wildflowers..)Lamium galeobdolon..I had many good results with it....a friendly CIAO.. from me..
    Dear Bella Donna...( I like a lot your nick )Under conifers I suggest,( I know..they are not herbs or wildflowers..)Lamium galeobdolon..I had many good results with it....a friendly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hans

Wild garlic

Hi Dendy! I was at Lidl this morning and looked to see if they had the wild garlic cheese spread but unfortunately they didn't. You might try looking in your Lidl, they might have it, as I've...
    Hi Dendy! I was at Lidl this morning and looked to see if they had the wild garlic cheese spread but unfortunately they didn't. You might try looking in your Lidl, they might have it, as I've found that even different parts of a country have different things, they cater to an area's taste. So...
    Hi Dendy! I was at Lidl this morning and looked to see if they had the wild garlic cheese spread but unfortunately they didn't. You might try looking in your Lidl, they might have it, as I've found that even different parts of a country have...
    Hi Dendy! I was at Lidl this morning and looked to see if they had the wild garlic cheese spread but unfortunately they didn't. You might try looking in your Lidl, they might have it, as I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hornbeam

Wildflower of the Week

Glad you like the photos and I stand corrected on milfoil . You are quite right of course :D
    Glad you like the photos and I stand corrected on milfoil . You are quite right of course :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. wiseowl

Herb ? Lemon Balm

I wont be taking much with me as i can easily replace everything from barwinock herbs for a small amount of money....I intended to take my butterbur with me and maybe a couple of ivys..But i will...
    I wont be taking much with me as i can easily replace everything from barwinock herbs for a small amount of money....I intended to take my butterbur with me and maybe a couple of ivys..But i will be seed colecting this summer.But my arch has broken in the winds so i may have to pot the climbers...
    I wont be taking much with me as i can easily replace everything from barwinock herbs for a small amount of money....I intended to take my butterbur with me and maybe a couple of ivys..But i will be seed colecting this summer.But my arch has...
    I wont be taking much with me as i can easily replace everything from barwinock herbs for a small amount of money....I intended to take my butterbur with me and maybe a couple of ivys..But i will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dave_In_His_Garden

Living Herbs - Practical for Planting?

I have done a search and their are lots of posts on coriander from last year here is a post i wrote...thinly sow into soil in shallow drills lightly cover with fine soil or compost and water...
    I have done a search and their are lots of posts on coriander from last year here is a post i wrote...thinly sow into soil in shallow drills lightly cover with fine soil or compost and water in..you will see seedlings between 5 and 10 days....seed sowing may be carried out as often as possible...
    I have done a search and their are lots of posts on coriander from last year here is a post i wrote...thinly sow into soil in shallow drills lightly cover with fine soil or compost and water in..you will see seedlings between 5 and 10...
    I have done a search and their are lots of posts on coriander from last year here is a post i wrote...thinly sow into soil in shallow drills lightly cover with fine soil or compost and water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. sash

Where to buy herb bushes online?

What do you mean by herb bushes ..Rosemary ?? Bay ?? if its herb plants you are after then you wont go wrong with this link they are cheap and reliable..They wont despatch till the end of march...
    What do you mean by herb bushes ..Rosemary ?? Bay ?? if its herb plants you are after then you wont go wrong with this link they are cheap and reliable..They wont despatch till the end of march though as a lot of herbs have gone for a rest underground..but you can preorder if you want too ..they...
    What do you mean by herb bushes ..Rosemary ?? Bay ?? if its herb plants you are after then you wont go wrong with this link they are cheap and reliable..They wont despatch till the end of march though as a lot of herbs have gone for a rest...
    What do you mean by herb bushes ..Rosemary ?? Bay ?? if its herb plants you are after then you wont go wrong with this link they are cheap and reliable..They wont despatch till the end of march...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

herbs

I have found a link where some of the herbal products are lovely and they also sell loose herbs so you can make your own things..They also have a long list of nasties which they dont use in their...
    I have found a link where some of the herbal products are lovely and they also sell loose herbs so you can make your own things..They also have a long list of nasties which they dont use in their products and some of their soaps are absoloutely fab !!http://www.freshfacecosmetics.co.uk/
    I have found a link where some of the herbal products are lovely and they also sell loose herbs so you can make your own things..They also have a long list of nasties which they dont use in their products and some of their soaps are absoloutely...
    I have found a link where some of the herbal products are lovely and they also sell loose herbs so you can make your own things..They also have a long list of nasties which they dont use in their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Royster

Herbs in a raised bed

Thanks for that info WildFlower! So, Barwinnock is the place for herbs! Next time I'm in the area I'll really have to check out the nursery. Although born and bred in Edinburgh I have a particular...
    Thanks for that info WildFlower! So, Barwinnock is the place for herbs! Next time I'm in the area I'll really have to check out the nursery. Although born and bred in Edinburgh I have a particular passion for Ayrshire so would really look forward to the journey. Kind regards Roy
    Thanks for that info WildFlower! So, Barwinnock is the place for herbs! Next time I'm in the area I'll really have to check out the nursery. Although born and bred in Edinburgh I have a particular passion for Ayrshire so would really look forward...
    Thanks for that info WildFlower! So, Barwinnock is the place for herbs! Next time I'm in the area I'll really have to check out the nursery. Although born and bred in Edinburgh I have a particular...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice