1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. luciusmaximus

ID on this please

I've got a large patch of dead nettle, which I'm encouraging to spread. I noticed, a few days ago, another plant which I don't recognize growing in the garden. It has pure flowers and leaves look...
    I've got a large patch of dead nettle, which I'm encouraging to spread. I noticed, a few days ago, another plant which I don't recognize growing in the garden. It has pure flowers and leaves look similar to dead nettle. I'll take a pic later. I saw a Bee feeding from it.
    I've got a large patch of dead nettle, which I'm encouraging to spread. I noticed, a few days ago, another plant which I don't recognize growing in the garden. It has pure flowers and leaves look similar to dead nettle. I'll take a pic later. I...
    I've got a large patch of dead nettle, which I'm encouraging to spread. I noticed, a few days ago, another plant which I don't recognize growing in the garden. It has pure flowers and leaves look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Agent Orange
    Like x 5

Oxlip, Primrose and crocus

primrose. keep forgetting to get them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Paul Blackburn

Will these flower next year

Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to divide. I might give some to neighbors in the green and teach them how to plant them. over the years...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to divide. I might give some to neighbors in the green...
    Thanks, the big issue is where to put them all. the area in question is size able right now, I am thinking 10 foot by 8 foot flooded with the bulbs. just tons of bulbs under there need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl

ID please

Woo when you go back have a look for nasty thorns. Blackthorn ..Prunus spinosa have them.Your pic looks as if they have a bloom on. A grey layer which gets rubbed off very easily when you...
    Woo when you go back have a look for nasty thorns. Blackthorn ..Prunus spinosa have them.Your pic looks as if they have a bloom on. A grey layer which gets rubbed off very easily when you touch the fruits. See.OR They could be tiny wild plums...bullace.purple-bullace - Suffolk Flora...
    Woo when you go back have a look for nasty thorns. Blackthorn ..Prunus spinosa have them.Your pic looks as if they have a bloom on. A grey layer which gets rubbed off very easily when you touch the fruits. See.OR They could be tiny wild...
    Woo when you go back have a look for nasty thorns. Blackthorn ..Prunus spinosa have them.Your pic looks as if they have a bloom on. A grey layer which gets rubbed off very easily when you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. BeeHappy
    Like x 3

WILDFLOWER MEADOW MANIA

OK @KFF, you're on! However, due to underwhelming demand for tickets for this most desirable of prizes, I'm afraid your ticket will cost £50,000 :dunno::roflol:. You can pay by cheque, cash, or even PayPal!!
    OK @KFF, you're on! However, due to underwhelming demand for tickets for this most desirable of prizes, I'm afraid your ticket will cost £50,000 :dunno::roflol:. You can pay by cheque, cash, or even PayPal!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BeeHappy

WEEDS WELCOME

I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    I also like Willow HerbAnnual PoppiesNettlesand those plants that come in uninvited via birds, air, rain, etc.
    -bee-signs-ideas-save-the-bees-posters.jpg we.jpg 55d6b958b008172c65919c112c9da754--garden-quotes-veg-garden.jpg nature-knows-no-difference-between-weeds-and-flowers-quote-1.jpg 8d3837b3f25119c63983b098374c109b--the-weeds-garden-signs.jpg Butterflies animated banner.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Like x 9

Herb Identification

@shiney :phew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Like x 8

On Our Walk this Morning

Thanks @Zigs much appreciated my friend.its the Russels that I have to be careful with:)
    Thanks @Zigs much appreciated my friend.its the Russels that I have to be careful with:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Seen This Morning

Good afternoon @Heucherella many thanks my friend
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ARMANDII
    Like x 5

WILD FLOWERS YOU HAVE SEEN OUT WHILE OUT WALKING - 2017

@Marley Farley, I think they flower through till the end of September.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Paul Blackburn

Creating Wild Garden

:goodpost: BeeHappy :)You"ve gone into the detail perfectly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Marley Farley
    Like x 14

Earthstars..,!

I think I have thought that too in the past @strongylodon when I saw them up at the woodland first.. only now in my garden am I seeing the full wonder.... I just love natures wonders.. :SUNsmile:
    I think I have thought that too in the past @strongylodon when I saw them up at the woodland first.. only now in my garden am I seeing the full wonder.... I just love natures wonders.. :SUNsmile:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BeeHappy
    Informative x 4

Dandelions: and how they might help save the planet

@HarryS Oooooo I doooo LURVE Dandelion & Burdock :wub2: ... If you're a fan you must try this one it's scrummyFentimans dandilion & burdock - Waitrose
    @HarryS Oooooo I doooo LURVE Dandelion & Burdock :wub2: ... If you're a fan you must try this one it's scrummyFentimans dandilion & burdock - Waitrose
    we.jpg download (1).jpg Dandylions are.jpg download.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BeeHappy

Mother Nature at her Best!

Near where I live, the dunes approaching the beach have been beautifully planted by Mother Nature Beehappy. One "corridor" has masses of evening primrose and vipers bugloss to create a lovely hazy...
    Near where I live, the dunes approaching the beach have been beautifully planted by Mother Nature Beehappy. One "corridor" has masses of evening primrose and vipers bugloss to create a lovely hazy blue/yellow scene in summer. Swathes of red, white and pink valerian too are delightful. Thyme...
    Near where I live, the dunes approaching the beach have been beautifully planted by Mother Nature Beehappy. One "corridor" has masses of evening primrose and vipers bugloss to create a lovely hazy blue/yellow scene in summer. Swathes of red,...
    Near where I live, the dunes approaching the beach have been beautifully planted by Mother Nature Beehappy. One "corridor" has masses of evening primrose and vipers bugloss to create a lovely hazy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. luciusmaximus

What is this please

Maybe save some of the seed and grow it in a more sensible spot next year. I love the pink version, you don't see it very often.
    Maybe save some of the seed and grow it in a more sensible spot next year. I love the pink version, you don't see it very often.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Trunky

Yellow wild flower ID please.

It was in the back of me head, good job google helped me spell it though :biggrin:
    It was in the back of me head, good job google helped me spell it though :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MrsTea

Bees' Corner advice

I scattered some butterfly and bee seeds in early spring and tonnes of Borage came up, which the bees ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!!!!! :snorky: It's ALWAYS covered with them and so, I am going to let it self seed...
    I scattered some butterfly and bee seeds in early spring and tonnes of Borage came up, which the bees ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!!!!! :snorky: It's ALWAYS covered with them and so, I am going to let it self seed almost everywhere for them! Luckily I think it's a beautiful plant too, so I will be as happy as...
    I scattered some butterfly and bee seeds in early spring and tonnes of Borage came up, which the bees ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!!!!! :snorky: It's ALWAYS covered with them and so, I am going to let it self seed almost everywhere for them! Luckily I think it's...
    I scattered some butterfly and bee seeds in early spring and tonnes of Borage came up, which the bees ABSOLUTELY LOVE!!!!!!!!! :snorky: It's ALWAYS covered with them and so, I am going to let it self seed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Radiation91

Rules on collecting blackberry stems?

If I get desperate later on then I might take you up on that :heehee:Yeh I thought the same except I get the feeling that some people might see it as "interfering with wildlife" sort of thing. :noidea: I...
    If I get desperate later on then I might take you up on that :heehee:Yeh I thought the same except I get the feeling that some people might see it as "interfering with wildlife" sort of thing. :noidea: I figured a bit of research about the rules would be a good idea.
    If I get desperate later on then I might take you up on that :heehee:Yeh I thought the same except I get the feeling that some people might see it as "interfering with wildlife" sort of thing. :noidea: I figured a bit of research about the rules would be a...
    If I get desperate later on then I might take you up on that :heehee:Yeh I thought the same except I get the feeling that some people might see it as "interfering with wildlife" sort of thing. :noidea: I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. luciusmaximus

Wildflower seeds.

...also called yellow rattle, e.g. In chilterns seed catalogue
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Blackburn

Some wild flower advice

I undertook a wildflower planting scheme in our village nearly 20 years ago, and all the species have now become established in a wider area. Rather than single seeds, I sowed a small pinch....
    I undertook a wildflower planting scheme in our village nearly 20 years ago, and all the species have now become established in a wider area. Rather than single seeds, I sowed a small pinch. Plants from spring sown perrenial seeds should be big enough to plant out amongst grass in autumn, and...
    I undertook a wildflower planting scheme in our village nearly 20 years ago, and all the species have now become established in a wider area. Rather than single seeds, I sowed a small pinch. Plants from spring sown perrenial seeds should be big...
    I undertook a wildflower planting scheme in our village nearly 20 years ago, and all the species have now become established in a wider area. Rather than single seeds, I sowed a small pinch....
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice