Herbs and Wildflowers

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Mowerman

Have You Got a Big Hairy .... ???

....Bittercress (Cardamine hirsuta, AKA Hairy bittercress).Found an absolute beauty growing next to my Mum's bushy area (of the lawn, you dirty-minded individual!!) and it was over ten inches...
    ....Bittercress (Cardamine hirsuta, AKA Hairy bittercress).Found an absolute beauty growing next to my Mum's bushy area (of the lawn, you dirty-minded individual!!) and it was over ten inches long :yikes:! Beat that!!!Pic to prove. See if you've got a bigger hairy one and post proof. :thumbsup:P.S...
    ....Bittercress (Cardamine hirsuta, AKA Hairy bittercress).Found an absolute beauty growing next to my Mum's bushy area (of the lawn, you dirty-minded individual!!) and it was over ten inches long :yikes:! Beat that!!!Pic to prove. See if you've...
    ....Bittercress (Cardamine hirsuta, AKA Hairy bittercress).Found an absolute beauty growing next to my Mum's bushy area (of the lawn, you dirty-minded individual!!) and it was over ten inches...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. FloraPie

Herbs & Naps

Is that you Mr snow blower @Sandy Ground :fishing: I shall 3D print you a shovel. A very nice and bright orange one that's silent and fluorescent, so you'll always be able to find it! "snow dig"
    Is that you Mr snow blower @Sandy Ground :fishing: I shall 3D print you a shovel. A very nice and bright orange one that's silent and fluorescent, so you'll always be able to find it! "snow dig"
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Frxv300

My herbs

Did you put a picture of it in the Plant ID thread here at GC ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Phil A
    Like x 6

Clean Air

@FloraPie our Zigs makes wine from almost anything. :Wino: :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. IceColdRum
    Like x 3

Herbs From Seed

@IceColdRum How are your herbs ten months on :)? If you happen to be passing with a camera.. :dbgrtmb:@Anthony Rogers :hapydancsmil:energy absorbing and giving rocks/pebbles in the herbs! :blue thumb:
    @IceColdRum How are your herbs ten months on :)? If you happen to be passing with a camera.. :dbgrtmb:@Anthony Rogers :hapydancsmil:energy absorbing and giving rocks/pebbles in the herbs! :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. FloraPie
    Like x 3

Plectranthus amboinicus ~ Mother Herb

Hi @redstar :hapydancsmil: I use a fragrance and dye free dish detergent and with the water that would normally go down the sink.. it gets poured over this herb instead. It grows in a spot that gets covered...
    Hi @redstar :hapydancsmil: I use a fragrance and dye free dish detergent and with the water that would normally go down the sink.. it gets poured over this herb instead. It grows in a spot that gets covered with spent eucalyptus leaves :heehee: and it couldn't care less. Looks amazing and as well as a gorgeous...
    Hi @redstar :hapydancsmil: I use a fragrance and dye free dish detergent and with the water that would normally go down the sink.. it gets poured over this herb instead. It grows in a spot that gets covered with spent eucalyptus leaves :heehee: and it couldn't care...
    Hi @redstar :hapydancsmil: I use a fragrance and dye free dish detergent and with the water that would normally go down the sink.. it gets poured over this herb instead. It grows in a spot that gets covered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. FloraPie

Ode To Herbs

I remember it. :dbgrtmb:Of course, someone had to produce a version that couldn't be shown on TV - or here. :whistle:You'd have to Google Magic Roundabout (mucky version). It's not offensive but not PC.
    I remember it. :dbgrtmb:Of course, someone had to produce a version that couldn't be shown on TV - or here. :whistle:You'd have to Google Magic Roundabout (mucky version). It's not offensive but not PC.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ChrisLincoln

My Sickly Rosemary

@ChrisLincoln How are your Rosemary bushes going now?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Phil A

Wild flowers you have seen out walking 2016

I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly Agaric.A 'Beech' something or other!Amethyst...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish. Dorset.Bracket Fungus.Mini Brackets.Fly...
    I can't remember if we had a fungus thread, if we have can admin move these, if not I guess they won't do any harm here! Just a few of what we saw on a U3A nature walk at Culpepper's Dish....
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Phil A
    Like x 6

Tamarisk Farm Wildflower walk

Another chance to see the wild flowers (and other stuff) at Tamarisk Farm's Open Day on Sunday 7th August 2016 ... 10.30am - 4pm But another event I'll miss due to committing myself to take our...
    Another chance to see the wild flowers (and other stuff) at Tamarisk Farm's Open Day on Sunday 7th August 2016 ... 10.30am - 4pm But another event I'll miss due to committing myself to take our daughter to work at a local NT property.
    Another chance to see the wild flowers (and other stuff) at Tamarisk Farm's Open Day on Sunday 7th August 2016 ... 10.30am - 4pm But another event I'll miss due to committing myself to take our daughter to work at a local NT property.
    Another chance to see the wild flowers (and other stuff) at Tamarisk Farm's Open Day on Sunday 7th August 2016 ... 10.30am - 4pm But another event I'll miss due to committing myself to take our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Murf83

Can anyone help ID this flower please?

Yes!!!! It is a great Willowherb! When I went back and looked in my book, I had missed it the first time because they're main photo of it appeared more purple. But that's definitely what it is!...
    Yes!!!! It is a great Willowherb! When I went back and looked in my book, I had missed it the first time because they're main photo of it appeared more purple. But that's definitely what it is! Thanks!!!!
    Yes!!!! It is a great Willowherb! When I went back and looked in my book, I had missed it the first time because they're main photo of it appeared more purple. But that's definitely what it is! Thanks!!!!
    Yes!!!! It is a great Willowherb! When I went back and looked in my book, I had missed it the first time because they're main photo of it appeared more purple. But that's definitely what it is!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Andy567

Question on Comfrey

Probably not too late to grow it this year if you wanted to :) I have found it really useful for bringing on plants ive not had much luck with in the past. Ive added some comfrey leaves in the...
    Probably not too late to grow it this year if you wanted to :) I have found it really useful for bringing on plants ive not had much luck with in the past. Ive added some comfrey leaves in the bottom of the pot for aubergine that made it come on really well. And wrapping a seed potato in a...
    Probably not too late to grow it this year if you wanted to :) I have found it really useful for bringing on plants ive not had much luck with in the past. Ive added some comfrey leaves in the bottom of the pot for aubergine that made it come on...
    Probably not too late to grow it this year if you wanted to :) I have found it really useful for bringing on plants ive not had much luck with in the past. Ive added some comfrey leaves in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shaneoak

Growing Cornflowers

I have a few small plants grown from seed last autumn, planted them out the other day. Will have to see if they amount to much.
    I have a few small plants grown from seed last autumn, planted them out the other day. Will have to see if they amount to much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. "M"

Grow Wild (Kew) Seeds arrived ...

Ahh that's lovely, thank you :) cannot wait to get into the new place and get going again.. fingers crossed they'll be fine!! :fingers crossed:
    Ahh that's lovely, thank you :) cannot wait to get into the new place and get going again.. fingers crossed they'll be fine!! :fingers crossed:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Germinating Parsley

In fairness, the article does state dry on WAX paper so I guess they wont stick to that. But I have done the same as you scrungee for the last few years and it does work although it seems to take...
    In fairness, the article does state dry on WAX paper so I guess they wont stick to that. But I have done the same as you scrungee for the last few years and it does work although it seems to take forever.Thanks to zigs (and joolz) I still have a few packets of parsley seeds so I will start...
    In fairness, the article does state dry on WAX paper so I guess they wont stick to that. But I have done the same as you scrungee for the last few years and it does work although it seems to take forever.Thanks to zigs (and joolz) I still have...
    In fairness, the article does state dry on WAX paper so I guess they wont stick to that. But I have done the same as you scrungee for the last few years and it does work although it seems to take...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. IceColdRum
    Like x 10

All Things Minty!

I have a rather nice unusual variegated mint that grows 50/50 green / white - assuming it comes back this year I will probably take some cuttings off it if you would like one ?
    I have a rather nice unusual variegated mint that grows 50/50 green / white - assuming it comes back this year I will probably take some cuttings off it if you would like one ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Marley Farley

Wild Flowers you have seen while out walking....!

I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    I'm glad you mentioned that as I hadn't noticed and I was thinking to myself that I've never seen Marsh Marigolds actually in water before :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RJeffries

White powder on Mints?

The white flecking on the leaves, or are we talking about white powder in the soil?The leaves look to me like insect attack, possibly aphids, have a close look underneath. It could just be...
    The white flecking on the leaves, or are we talking about white powder in the soil?The leaves look to me like insect attack, possibly aphids, have a close look underneath. It could just be normal and it will grow out as the plants get going stronger when it warms up.
    The white flecking on the leaves, or are we talking about white powder in the soil?The leaves look to me like insect attack, possibly aphids, have a close look underneath. It could just be normal and it will grow out as the plants get going...
    The white flecking on the leaves, or are we talking about white powder in the soil?The leaves look to me like insect attack, possibly aphids, have a close look underneath. It could just be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BeeHappy
    Like x 3

Thread to add your favorite Wildflowers..... & pics if you have any ;)

Awwww. :wub2: :ThankYou:For taking part and enjoying the thread :goodpost:s and pics everyone....:dbgrtmb: I've really enjoyed catching up with them ..…more :star: awards :yay: to all taking part :thumbsup: ....please buzz by soon with more...
    Awwww. :wub2: :ThankYou:For taking part and enjoying the thread :goodpost:s and pics everyone....:dbgrtmb: I've really enjoyed catching up with them ..…more :star: awards :yay: to all taking part :thumbsup: ....please buzz by soon with more updates .....I LUv Luv Luvvvv reading them :hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil:
    Awwww. :wub2: :ThankYou:For taking part and enjoying the thread :goodpost:s and pics everyone....:dbgrtmb: I've really enjoyed catching up with them ..…more :star: awards :yay: to all taking part :thumbsup: ....please buzz by soon with more updates .....I LUv Luv Luvvvv reading them :hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil::hapydancsmil:
    Awwww. :wub2: :ThankYou:For taking part and enjoying the thread :goodpost:s and pics everyone....:dbgrtmb: I've really enjoyed catching up with them ..…more :star: awards :yay: to all taking part :thumbsup: ....please buzz by soon with more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sian in Belgium

Wildflower seed mixes...

Not any help to your question, our local community gardener planted quite a few areas last year with wild flower mix, they looked lovely, I got congratulated twice, being known as the local...
    Not any help to your question, our local community gardener planted quite a few areas last year with wild flower mix, they looked lovely, I got congratulated twice, being known as the local gardener. They started to sprout again this year, then I noticed them all strimmed down. I asked him why...
    Not any help to your question, our local community gardener planted quite a few areas last year with wild flower mix, they looked lovely, I got congratulated twice, being known as the local gardener. They started to sprout again this year, then...
    Not any help to your question, our local community gardener planted quite a few areas last year with wild flower mix, they looked lovely, I got congratulated twice, being known as the local...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice