1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 11

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. wiseowl

Solved I D Please

Good afternoon and thank you everyone
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. karaman

ID this caterpillar please -- freind or foe?

Looks like one of the large family of moth caterpillars known as cutworms that feed on low growing plants. They aren't usually a problem in gardens but it can be quite hard to identify to species....
    Looks like one of the large family of moth caterpillars known as cutworms that feed on low growing plants. They aren't usually a problem in gardens but it can be quite hard to identify to species. Very rarely do you get densities of them high enough to do major damage.All larger moths are...
    Looks like one of the large family of moth caterpillars known as cutworms that feed on low growing plants. They aren't usually a problem in gardens but it can be quite hard to identify to species. Very rarely do you get densities of them high...
    Looks like one of the large family of moth caterpillars known as cutworms that feed on low growing plants. They aren't usually a problem in gardens but it can be quite hard to identify to species....
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans

Can anyone Please Identify this Potentillia?

There's a few white varieties, but Abbotswood is the most common one, and readily available. I have two here
    There's a few white varieties, but Abbotswood is the most common one, and readily available. I have two here
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. James Clegg

Wisteria ID and flowering times

Thanks everyone. There is a bit of growth starting low down on one of the main stems so I'm going to encourage that to twine and head up into the canopy with the other branches.
    Thanks everyone. There is a bit of growth starting low down on one of the main stems so I'm going to encourage that to twine and head up into the canopy with the other branches.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Charentejohn

Fungus growing in the soil, how to remove it

The fungus is breaking down organic matter in the beds turning into a form accessible to the roots of your plants. Most fungi are the gardener’s friends.
    The fungus is breaking down organic matter in the beds turning into a form accessible to the roots of your plants. Most fungi are the gardener’s friends.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MrHappyDays

Yucca?

Could well be ananas comosus, but there's a couple of aloes that look like that. Not vicious enough for puya and seems too well advanced for agave...too blue/grey for pandanus. Yep, pineapple
    Could well be ananas comosus, but there's a couple of aloes that look like that. Not vicious enough for puya and seems too well advanced for agave...too blue/grey for pandanus. Yep, pineapple
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Palustris

Paeony

I haven’t seen her here @Angie Jones (nut) :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Wiltshirewild

Solved Ornamental grass ID

I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the place too. Perhaps it behaves better in dry areas though. The photos of it hanging nicely over pond...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the place too. Perhaps it behaves better in dry areas...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Palustris

Solved Weed or not?

Definitely, thanks. Should have known ,but as I said brain dead at the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

More weeds.

Told you my brain is not working.
    2024-04-15 15.17.05001.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jiffy

Id please, Cowslip or Primrose

Thank you all :dbgrtmb: so they have crossbread
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. simone_in_wiltshire

Solved What name has got this plant?

We are on heavy clay soil and pulmonarias flourish here in full sun and shade. Self seed all over and yes the bees love them.
    We are on heavy clay soil and pulmonarias flourish here in full sun and shade. Self seed all over and yes the bees love them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. SherwoodArrow

ID this please.

Thanks everyone, I'll wait untill it flowers but you have convinced me its red campion :).
    Thanks everyone, I'll wait untill it flowers but you have convinced me its red campion :).
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Friend or Foe?

Thank you but I think this is a self seed so don't think so. I'll leave it to see if it blooms.
    Thank you but I think this is a self seed so don't think so. I'll leave it to see if it blooms.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jacquiscrap

Solved Can you tell what this is please?

It does look very like the Sunshine Peach.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Rafael

Solved Please ID the plant

It’s beautiful, the epitome of spring freshness.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. BB3

Can anyone identify this self see der

One spur. Nemesia
    One spur. Nemesia
    One spur. Nemesia
    One spur. Nemesia
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. zebrina

Solved IDs please

Thanks, yes I think the second is a Pieris. Just discovering Google Lens - it's very good.
    Thanks, yes I think the second is a Pieris. Just discovering Google Lens - it's very good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. wiseowl

Solved I D Please

Good morning @Michael Hewett and @Busy-Lizzie and thank you my friends
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. pitter-patter

Fern Identification - houseplant

Yes, I don't get the impression "plant knowledge" is a CV requirement for employment in GCs. :) Which is OK if the plants are labelled informatively.
    Yes, I don't get the impression "plant knowledge" is a CV requirement for employment in GCs. :) Which is OK if the plants are labelled informatively.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice