Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Nutcracker South Somerset

Mystery rhizome/tuber

@JWK Heaving again here so will try to look at ours outdoors because didn't know that it could be grown in a pot. Always thought they had to be in the ground.
    @JWK Heaving again here so will try to look at ours outdoors because didn't know that it could be grown in a pot. Always thought they had to be in the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Pink678

Solved What is this large house plant? ID

Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Ergates

Are these Hosta seedlings?

I can't really tell as we now grow all ours by splitting them but from memory (not so good nowadays) I don't remember a single leaf stage :scratch:. Otherwise they do look somewhat like Hostas.
    I can't really tell as we now grow all ours by splitting them but from memory (not so good nowadays) I don't remember a single leaf stage :scratch:. Otherwise they do look somewhat like Hostas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Billi

Can I have an ID on this bulb please?

Anyone's guess until it flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tui34

Solved What is this weed, please?

Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head now held high!!
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. MrHappyDays

Solved Is this a mulberry ?

Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. MrHappyDays

Is this a salvia?

Don't think it is a salvia. The leaves don't look right too bright and smooth green. Salvia have opposite leaves, squarish stems and the foliage is often scented when rubbed or crushed. The leaves...
    Don't think it is a salvia. The leaves don't look right too bright and smooth green. Salvia have opposite leaves, squarish stems and the foliage is often scented when rubbed or crushed. The leaves are often hairy, textured and distinctive veins. Maybe fuchsia, assuming you took fuchsia cuttings...
    Don't think it is a salvia. The leaves don't look right too bright and smooth green. Salvia have opposite leaves, squarish stems and the foliage is often scented when rubbed or crushed. The leaves are often hairy, textured and distinctive...
    Don't think it is a salvia. The leaves don't look right too bright and smooth green. Salvia have opposite leaves, squarish stems and the foliage is often scented when rubbed or crushed. The leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. BB3

Spanish Bluebell or Agapanthus?

Nice to see you @RowlandsCastle
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Billi

Solved Which of these is basil and oregano?

Thanks everyone :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nutcracker South Somerset

Solved Tiarella! Or Not….

Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has...
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has solved it for me too! :yes:
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has solved it for me too! :yes:
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jiffy

Solved Id please

Thank you all very much :dbgrtmb: Will try and take some cutting as i have a place for one out front where a few people walk past so hopefully they will notice the smell :biggrin:
    Thank you all very much :dbgrtmb: Will try and take some cutting as i have a place for one out front where a few people walk past so hopefully they will notice the smell :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Angie Jones (nut)

Solved ID confirmation please

Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. zebrina

Solved Spiraea?

Excellent, thanks. 15cm seems quite drastic given that it's over a meter high.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Solved Plant or Weed?

You are welcome ... enjoy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Clare G

Which white campanula is this please?

Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto...
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto GardensCampanula are not easy to id.
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto GardensCampanula are not easy to id.
    Presume pic here/above is the one from Beth Chatto site. Leaves seem very different to those in your original post. Leaves above are jagged.Campanula poscharskyana frost - The Beth Chatto...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Snorky85

Solved ID please?

I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. 43576

Solved What this flower called?

Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. wiseowl

I D Please

How about this, Limnanthes douglasii Limnanthes douglasii - poached egg
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Kevin Cowans

Solved What Weed is this?

HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. HousePlantHermit

Solved Is this an orchid? What kind?

If at all possible orchids prefer rain water and standing them on a gravel tray will help with the humidity which they like.
    If at all possible orchids prefer rain water and standing them on a gravel tray will help with the humidity which they like.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice