Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. cpb07

Weed Identification Please

Are any of these any use @Silver surfer?
    20200813_180224.jpg 20200813_180210.jpg 20200920_115635.jpg 20200920_115654.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Appleblossom31

Id needed please

Ive never pruned the two trees the 12 years Ive lived here, Ive only had to cut the taller tree to help with removing a bee swarm from the tree during the spring. So no idea how they got the...
    Ive never pruned the two trees the 12 years Ive lived here, Ive only had to cut the taller tree to help with removing a bee swarm from the tree during the spring. So no idea how they got the shape. Thanks for the ids guys.
    Ive never pruned the two trees the 12 years Ive lived here, Ive only had to cut the taller tree to help with removing a bee swarm from the tree during the spring. So no idea how they got the shape. Thanks for the ids guys.
    Ive never pruned the two trees the 12 years Ive lived here, Ive only had to cut the taller tree to help with removing a bee swarm from the tree during the spring. So no idea how they got the...
    16003638102772003119430134078750.jpg 16003638450116625997811576881725.jpg 16003638701416600824723904867476.jpg IMG-20200617-WA0005.jpeg IMG_20200617_124149.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. barryman

Well, I just don't know !!

Now that you have mentioned a pepper I think that there may be a chance that it is that. I did plant a few pepper type things months ago so you could well be right. I will let it grow on and see...
    Now that you have mentioned a pepper I think that there may be a chance that it is that. I did plant a few pepper type things months ago so you could well be right. I will let it grow on and see if/what it produces.If it turns out to be a pepper from seed and it didn't produce anything by...
    Now that you have mentioned a pepper I think that there may be a chance that it is that. I did plant a few pepper type things months ago so you could well be right. I will let it grow on and see if/what it produces.If it turns out to be a...
    Now that you have mentioned a pepper I think that there may be a chance that it is that. I did plant a few pepper type things months ago so you could well be right. I will let it grow on and see...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sian in Belgium

A cardoon or an echinops young plant?

I suspect it'll be fine Sian, especially considering the fact that it's not in flower, I've transplanted both Eryngium and Echinops with no problems. I don't think 'thistles' in general are very...
    I suspect it'll be fine Sian, especially considering the fact that it's not in flower, I've transplanted both Eryngium and Echinops with no problems. I don't think 'thistles' in general are very demanding plants. :)Nick
    I suspect it'll be fine Sian, especially considering the fact that it's not in flower, I've transplanted both Eryngium and Echinops with no problems. I don't think 'thistles' in general are very demanding plants. :)Nick
    I suspect it'll be fine Sian, especially considering the fact that it's not in flower, I've transplanted both Eryngium and Echinops with no problems. I don't think 'thistles' in general are very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

ID please

Here are photos of mine. Both planted at same time in spring 2019. Hopefully will see alot more growth next year as still a bit smaller than I wanted. I've propagated them easily be from cuttings...
    Here are photos of mine. Both planted at same time in spring 2019. Hopefully will see alot more growth next year as still a bit smaller than I wanted. I've propagated them easily be from cuttings too. The golden one is very pretty.
    Here are photos of mine. Both planted at same time in spring 2019. Hopefully will see alot more growth next year as still a bit smaller than I wanted. I've propagated them easily be from cuttings too. The golden one is very pretty.
    Here are photos of mine. Both planted at same time in spring 2019. Hopefully will see alot more growth next year as still a bit smaller than I wanted. I've propagated them easily be from cuttings...
    0A08A5CA-B719-4E13-B49D-782046A1AB80.jpeg 2D872F52-BDA8-4920-91EA-77B610AC164A.jpeg P1440657.JPG P1350950.JPG LEYCESTERIA  FORMOSA 05-09-2009 15-34-34.JPG LEYCESTERIA  FORMOSA 05-09-2009 15-38-43.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. shiney

I.D. A quick spreader, please.

@Silver surfer I shall do. :blue thumb:@Palustris they do look square. I'll have to go out and check. :)
    @Silver surfer I shall do. :blue thumb:@Palustris they do look square. I'll have to go out and check. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bioilogica

Eggs in my Dendrobium nobile

Hi @CarolineL thank you, that's a really good point!I wonder if it could be solidified neem oil? I don't think it's perlite, because the potting mix doesn't contain any and they seemed kind of...
    Hi @CarolineL thank you, that's a really good point!I wonder if it could be solidified neem oil? I don't think it's perlite, because the potting mix doesn't contain any and they seemed kind of squishy.I repotted it and there doesn't seem to be anything suspicious in it now :) I'll keep an eye...
    Hi @CarolineL thank you, that's a really good point!I wonder if it could be solidified neem oil? I don't think it's perlite, because the potting mix doesn't contain any and they seemed kind of squishy.I repotted it and there doesn't seem to...
    Hi @CarolineL thank you, that's a really good point!I wonder if it could be solidified neem oil? I don't think it's perlite, because the potting mix doesn't contain any and they seemed kind of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mazambo

Is this a myrtle?

How interesting..... Helleborus sahinii Winter Bells. The leaves are not like any Hellebore I know. But the flowers would fit as far as I can see. Amazing to have a Hellebore covered in flowers in...
    How interesting..... Helleborus sahinii Winter Bells. The leaves are not like any Hellebore I know. But the flowers would fit as far as I can see. Amazing to have a Hellebore covered in flowers in September.just added to my wish list.Helleborus x sahinii 'Winter Bells' - Google...
    How interesting..... Helleborus sahinii Winter Bells. The leaves are not like any Hellebore I know. But the flowers would fit as far as I can see. Amazing to have a Hellebore covered in flowers in September.just added to my wish...
    How interesting..... Helleborus sahinii Winter Bells. The leaves are not like any Hellebore I know. But the flowers would fit as far as I can see. Amazing to have a Hellebore covered in flowers in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jasmine star

Solved Another plant ID please.

Thank you :dbgrtmb: They look lovely and pretty hardy too :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Pollys13

Invasive Plant How To Get Rid Of?

OK thanks to both of you for replying:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

Oooooo I'll get that out :yikes: thanks for the heads up :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ThePlantAssassin

Solved Unlabeled 1

Thank you both. Much appreciated. I dont even recognise the names as something Ive purchased. What am I like!? To be fair the choice was obviously very limited this year so in desperation I picked...
    Thank you both. Much appreciated. I dont even recognise the names as something Ive purchased. What am I like!? To be fair the choice was obviously very limited this year so in desperation I picked things up willy nilly that looked pretty to fill a gap. Still I will ALWAYS keep labels in future!
    Thank you both. Much appreciated. I dont even recognise the names as something Ive purchased. What am I like!? To be fair the choice was obviously very limited this year so in desperation I picked things up willy nilly that looked pretty to fill...
    Thank you both. Much appreciated. I dont even recognise the names as something Ive purchased. What am I like!? To be fair the choice was obviously very limited this year so in desperation I picked...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. trogre

Solved Two Plants to be ID Please

Thank you for your ID of plants. Sorry late getting back to you but been occupied with step sons MRi & Pet scans.
    Thank you for your ID of plants. Sorry late getting back to you but been occupied with step sons MRi & Pet scans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Appleblossom31

Solved IDs needed please

It can be a matter of personal taste. I've got swathes of aquilegias and i pull clumps of them out to give other plants a chance. I guess they just like the soil conditions here. They self seed...
    It can be a matter of personal taste. I've got swathes of aquilegias and i pull clumps of them out to give other plants a chance. I guess they just like the soil conditions here. They self seed too easily in my bluebell areas.. (I love my bluebells) So the ones shown here will have to come out...
    It can be a matter of personal taste. I've got swathes of aquilegias and i pull clumps of them out to give other plants a chance. I guess they just like the soil conditions here. They self seed too easily in my bluebell areas.. (I love my...
    It can be a matter of personal taste. I've got swathes of aquilegias and i pull clumps of them out to give other plants a chance. I guess they just like the soil conditions here. They self seed...
    15994081655425900280260073427261.jpg 1599408205899542726195030005840.jpg 15994082570264285937160540409990.jpg 15994082972141552990619268845371.jpg DSC_0011.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. hans

Solved Ground Breaking post

But they thought it was just wind, oops
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Piggins

Solved Request for help identifying plant growing in hedge

Excellent - many thanks for the quick and helpful reply
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. mogcat22

Solved Unknown Plant

Thank you - yes that seems to ring a bell! It has not flowered - I see on google it would flower in August but did not - it is in part sun/shade. I have just looked at it and there are no buds...
    Thank you - yes that seems to ring a bell! It has not flowered - I see on google it would flower in August but did not - it is in part sun/shade. I have just looked at it and there are no buds forming. I wonder if this is due to all the wet weather we had or lack of sun?
    Thank you - yes that seems to ring a bell! It has not flowered - I see on google it would flower in August but did not - it is in part sun/shade. I have just looked at it and there are no buds forming. I wonder if this is due to all the wet...
    Thank you - yes that seems to ring a bell! It has not flowered - I see on google it would flower in August but did not - it is in part sun/shade. I have just looked at it and there are no buds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jasmine star

Dahlia ID please.

Ah ok I didn't know that. Thank you @Mike Allen. No, but what a fab idea. :blue thumb:
    Ah ok I didn't know that. Thank you @Mike Allen. No, but what a fab idea. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. jd67

Solved What is this plant

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. peatfree

Any help with this plant ID? Totally forgotten...

Is it grown for its flowers/berries, or does it have coloured foliage in Autumn?
    Is it grown for its flowers/berries, or does it have coloured foliage in Autumn?
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice