1. Photo Competition
    MAY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Made it through the winter" so get your best falsetto voices ready and show us what has been Stayin' Alive

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. mazambo

Solved Yellow flower?

Geum urbanum which is a seed weed of the worst kind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Selleri

ID Kalanchoe? in Spain please

Thanks everybody!Yes definitely no lumps, and the leaves have short, soft looking fuzz as far as I was able to see. Not furry at all. No red tinge to the edges and not very deeply lobed or...
    Thanks everybody!Yes definitely no lumps, and the leaves have short, soft looking fuzz as far as I was able to see. Not furry at all. No red tinge to the edges and not very deeply lobed or thick.I think it could possibly be a beharensis but there seems to be so many species that I'm just...
    Thanks everybody!Yes definitely no lumps, and the leaves have short, soft looking fuzz as far as I was able to see. Not furry at all. No red tinge to the edges and not very deeply lobed or thick.I think it could possibly be a beharensis...
    Thanks everybody!Yes definitely no lumps, and the leaves have short, soft looking fuzz as far as I was able to see. Not furry at all. No red tinge to the edges and not very deeply lobed or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Upsydaisy

Flower or weed please.

I label everything, honestly, just that the labels get pinched by the blackbirds, magpies etc. I do have quite a few labels with question marks, or bulb?, crocus? etc.
    I label everything, honestly, just that the labels get pinched by the blackbirds, magpies etc. I do have quite a few labels with question marks, or bulb?, crocus? etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mazambo

Giant scabious?

I grow both Echinops and Cephalaria Gigantea….the latter well named as my clump grows to about 10ft every year and bliss does not need staking. Even when you decide to split the plant( you need a...
    I grow both Echinops and Cephalaria Gigantea….the latter well named as my clump grows to about 10ft every year and bliss does not need staking. Even when you decide to split the plant( you need a JCB to dig it up due to the humongous root which breaks) it does not take very long before it again...
    I grow both Echinops and Cephalaria Gigantea….the latter well named as my clump grows to about 10ft every year and bliss does not need staking. Even when you decide to split the plant( you need a JCB to dig it up due to the humongous root which...
    I grow both Echinops and Cephalaria Gigantea….the latter well named as my clump grows to about 10ft every year and bliss does not need staking. Even when you decide to split the plant( you need a...
    20220512_151520.jpg F24C8C45-5B53-44B1-807E-C66ADBD0A47C.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. ricky101

Fern ID please

Some type of pteris, I think
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria

Solved ID on Bulb please

The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a few flowers now dying. This is the closest I have come so far ...Allium neapolitanum (Ornamental...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a few flowers now dying. This is the closest I have...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lindyco

Solved What's this plant please?

Thank you for your replies. It's certainly a good match. Question answered. Cheers!
    Thank you for your replies. It's certainly a good match. Question answered. Cheers!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. karaman

Solved What is htis dainty thing? seems to prefer shady patch

Looks like Saponaria officinalis rosea plena...the double flowered soapwort. Can be invasive in damp areas.Saponaria officinalis 'Rosea Plena' - Recherche Google
    Looks like Saponaria officinalis rosea plena...the double flowered soapwort. Can be invasive in damp areas.Saponaria officinalis 'Rosea Plena' - Recherche Google
    unk_plant.jpg SAPONARIA  OFFICINALIS  ROSEA  PLENA 04-09-2009 13-40-47.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Scudo

Solved Is this Broom?

Thanks all for the replies I will pass the info on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Head Gardener's Dogsbody

Solved Is this a Pieris?

Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe fontanesiana | dog hobble Shrubs/RHS Gardening) it appears to prefer shade or partial shade, clay and poor...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe fontanesiana | dog hobble Shrubs/RHS Gardening) it appears to...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jazzy

Plant Identification?

I am saying a Peirs which has reverted
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ystalyfera

Chocolate Cosmos Plant

Thank you I will do this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Stu66

Solved What is this yellow flowered plant?

The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the export of palm oil. Rape is becoming harder to grow due to flea beetle and the withdrawal of neonics;...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the export of palm oil. Rape is becoming harder to grow...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. karaman

Solved what is partially nobbling my plant leaves?

hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall let them be themselves -- yes nigelj other plants are also affected in other parts of the garden but...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall let them be themselves -- yes nigelj other plants...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. karaman

Solved What are these orange eggs at plant's roots?

thank you pete and upsydaisy -- fertiliser is the answer and a great relief! -- karaman
    thank you pete and upsydaisy -- fertiliser is the answer and a great relief! -- karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

A plant amongst the wood anemones

We need it to turn around and show us it's face, Sian! A. sylvestris has 5 sepals, though, and so do A. rivularis, and A. canadensis, so they're unlikely. Those sepals/petals are also more...
    We need it to turn around and show us it's face, Sian! A. sylvestris has 5 sepals, though, and so do A. rivularis, and A. canadensis, so they're unlikely. Those sepals/petals are also more pointed than the other species. A mystery to solve! :biggrin:
    We need it to turn around and show us it's face, Sian! A. sylvestris has 5 sepals, though, and so do A. rivularis, and A. canadensis, so they're unlikely. Those sepals/petals are also more pointed than the other species. A mystery to solve! :biggrin:
    We need it to turn around and show us it's face, Sian! A. sylvestris has 5 sepals, though, and so do A. rivularis, and A. canadensis, so they're unlikely. Those sepals/petals are also more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Billi

Solved ID please

Not yet unfortunately, i did contact the council again though, they said they'd get in contact with their landlord about it. Fingers crossed they sort something before it starts to really warm up
    Not yet unfortunately, i did contact the council again though, they said they'd get in contact with their landlord about it. Fingers crossed they sort something before it starts to really warm up
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Krista

Which Malvaceae is this (or what plant/tree is it) please guys?

The fox is handy for scale but she was lucky it turned up at the right minit!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Eden1

Anyone help identify this tree

I feel sycamore feels more probable just going on I have a tree on the green outside and I'm forever finding them.
    I feel sycamore feels more probable just going on I have a tree on the green outside and I'm forever finding them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Laura123

Four plants in new garden

2. Having consulted my wild flower books. Looks like Arabidopsis thaliana..common name Thale cress.arabidopsis thaliana - Recherche GoogleQuote A. l .Jacobson....Thale Cress; Arabidopsis...
    2. Having consulted my wild flower books. Looks like Arabidopsis thaliana..common name Thale cress.arabidopsis thaliana - Recherche GoogleQuote A. l .Jacobson....Thale Cress; Arabidopsis Thaliana (L.) Heynh. Mustard Family; CRUCIFERÆ (BRASSICACEÆ)Thale Cress is a tiny, weak, very...
    2. Having consulted my wild flower books. Looks like Arabidopsis thaliana..common name Thale cress.arabidopsis thaliana - Recherche GoogleQuote A. l .Jacobson....Thale Cress; Arabidopsis Thaliana (L.) Heynh. Mustard Family; CRUCIFERÆ...
    2. Having consulted my wild flower books. Looks like Arabidopsis thaliana..common name Thale cress.arabidopsis thaliana - Recherche GoogleQuote A. l .Jacobson....Thale Cress; Arabidopsis...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice