Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 4

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 10

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Victoria

Is it an Escheveria???

Ah ha, Pete, I think you are correct. A big clump of Osteopernum grows less than a meter away and it had overtaken these pots a couple of years ago when I couldn't look after things. It is...
    Ah ha, Pete, I think you are correct. A big clump of Osteopernum grows less than a meter away and it had overtaken these pots a couple of years ago when I couldn't look after things. It is coming out of the pot bottom right corner (where there is a gap) and the Osteopernum is creeping out to...
    Ah ha, Pete, I think you are correct. A big clump of Osteopernum grows less than a meter away and it had overtaken these pots a couple of years ago when I couldn't look after things. It is coming out of the pot bottom right corner (where there...
    Ah ha, Pete, I think you are correct. A big clump of Osteopernum grows less than a meter away and it had overtaken these pots a couple of years ago when I couldn't look after things. It is...
    Stranger in Geranium Pot.jpg upload_2021-7-27_20-8-46.png upload_2021-7-28_8-51-44.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. clum111

More flowers to ID please

Thanks @Selleri I've now tracked it down and it's Cornflower 'Classic Romantic'
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. keentolearn

One further request please

1. Definitely Chaenomeles. 2. Sorry not clear enough...maybe more than one plant in that pic. 3. ? 4.Definitely Alchemilla mollis.
    1. Definitely Chaenomeles. 2. Sorry not clear enough...maybe more than one plant in that pic. 3. ? 4.Definitely Alchemilla mollis.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fat Controller

ID please?

Aye, it is just a baby whatever it is and there are no flowers or anything to go by
    Aye, it is just a baby whatever it is and there are no flowers or anything to go by
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK

Keeper or Weed ?

Yes just one. It's my cousin's garden, they have just moved in and the garden hasn't been maintained for years. She will send me a photo when it flowers, thanks @Logan
    Yes just one. It's my cousin's garden, they have just moved in and the garden hasn't been maintained for years. She will send me a photo when it flowers, thanks @Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Musician

Solved Can someone help ID this weed please

Do you have a dog? Our Spaniel brings burrs, goosegrass seeds, etc. back home in his fur and will get some out by himself.What Is Burdock Root?.
    Do you have a dog? Our Spaniel brings burrs, goosegrass seeds, etc. back home in his fur and will get some out by himself.What Is Burdock Root?.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. emilyjane1994

Solved Ivy Identification

Welcome to the forum EmilyYour plant is Senecio macroglossus, Natal ivy, which is a houseplant in the uk.
    Welcome to the forum EmilyYour plant is Senecio macroglossus, Natal ivy, which is a houseplant in the uk.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Clare G

Solved What is this chance arrival please?

Obviously Celosia plumosa var. Astilbii. :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. karaman

Solved What is this tree please and would it live in south of the uk?

thank you silver surfer and pete -- sorted, i am in the south, the tongue-twister thing is gorgeous and pictures show it is year-round interest plus bees like it -- will try to locate one to...
    thank you silver surfer and pete -- sorted, i am in the south, the tongue-twister thing is gorgeous and pictures show it is year-round interest plus bees like it -- will try to locate one to plant thanks again, karaman
    thank you silver surfer and pete -- sorted, i am in the south, the tongue-twister thing is gorgeous and pictures show it is year-round interest plus bees like it -- will try to locate one to plant thanks again, karaman
    thank you silver surfer and pete -- sorted, i am in the south, the tongue-twister thing is gorgeous and pictures show it is year-round interest plus bees like it -- will try to locate one to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. CarolineL

Acacia or Albizzia or other?

But not all acacia roots smell anyway
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Harri

Solved A plant/flower id please.

Spot on Pete. Just checked Godetia images on internet and found an exact match.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Max6389

Solved Plant ID please

They're astilbes Max, the one in your photo could be 'Rheinland' but I'm not certain. :)Nick
    They're astilbes Max, the one in your photo could be 'Rheinland' but I'm not certain. :)Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Barders

Wild flower?

Good afternoon @Barders my friend thank you that makes me feel a bit better
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. keentolearn

Solved Further help please

Thanks very much silver surfer and selleri. Actually, I was probably mistaken in saying that 2 flowers later in the summer - I should have said it does flower at some point. The leaves do look...
    Thanks very much silver surfer and selleri. Actually, I was probably mistaken in saying that 2 flowers later in the summer - I should have said it does flower at some point. The leaves do look just like lotv so I'm sure silver surfer is correct. Thanks again for that. Thanks too for the tip...
    Thanks very much silver surfer and selleri. Actually, I was probably mistaken in saying that 2 flowers later in the summer - I should have said it does flower at some point. The leaves do look just like lotv so I'm sure silver surfer is correct....
    Thanks very much silver surfer and selleri. Actually, I was probably mistaken in saying that 2 flowers later in the summer - I should have said it does flower at some point. The leaves do look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Victoria

Solved Clerodendrun ugandense problems

Definitely scale insect.Fluted Scalespain fluted scale insects - Recherche Google
    Definitely scale insect.Fluted Scalespain fluted scale insects - Recherche Google
    Ugandense disease.jpg Ugandense disease.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Giri

Solved Mystery Bush.

I believe mine was the C macrocarpa as are the seeds I planted a few days ago. You can make jam with the fruits.
    I believe mine was the C macrocarpa as are the seeds I planted a few days ago. You can make jam with the fruits.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. mazambo

Solved Himalayan honeysuckle?

I prune mine down every spring to about 3 ft off the ground. It responds well. I have never taken a cutting but it self seeds freely and being fast growing you get a fairly decent sized plant in a...
    I prune mine down every spring to about 3 ft off the ground. It responds well. I have never taken a cutting but it self seeds freely and being fast growing you get a fairly decent sized plant in a couple of years.
    I prune mine down every spring to about 3 ft off the ground. It responds well. I have never taken a cutting but it self seeds freely and being fast growing you get a fairly decent sized plant in a couple of years.
    I prune mine down every spring to about 3 ft off the ground. It responds well. I have never taken a cutting but it self seeds freely and being fast growing you get a fairly decent sized plant in a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. keentolearn

Solved Help please

Snap! Aw, lost again
    Snap! Aw, lost again
    Snap! Aw, lost again
    Snap! Aw, lost again
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. hailbopp

Iris Sibirica Snow Queen?

I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names,...
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names, something isn't quite right.
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names, something isn't quite right.
    I wonder if it's worth querying the two with the RHS Hailbopp? Or perhaps if there's an Iris association in existence. I can't believe there are two identical plants with different names,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Ruth82

6ft weed?

Hi as the underside of the stem and leaves are prickly and not hairy thats not cudweed it does look more like wild lettuce i looked on the net and it said the flowers are mainly yellow...
    Hi as the underside of the stem and leaves are prickly and not hairy thats not cudweed it does look more like wild lettuce i looked on the net and it said the flowers are mainly yellow but they can also be a blueish colour and usually flower in September but can grow up to 7ft tall so...
    Hi as the underside of the stem and leaves are prickly and not hairy thats not cudweed it does look more like wild lettuce i looked on the net and it said the flowers are mainly yellow but they can also be a blueish colour and usually...
    Hi as the underside of the stem and leaves are prickly and not hairy thats not cudweed it does look more like wild lettuce i looked on the net and it said the flowers are mainly yellow...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice