1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 11

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. LRS

This weed will not die! What is it?

Blimey, result there then LRS. Careful what you mix with such a strong acid, i'm no chemist but mix the wrong thing with it & you could gas yourself
    Blimey, result there then LRS. Careful what you mix with such a strong acid, i'm no chemist but mix the wrong thing with it & you could gas yourself
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Phil A

Poisonous Plants - A summary

Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Excellent words of wisdom our mandy :thumbsup: if only teenage boys were told the same :rasp:And not so teenage boys too I'd imagine :watching:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JonC

Possible disease affecting rowan tree – identification needed

Have you looked at this Jon?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nigel62

Yellow weed in lawn

Thank you both for your advice..the whole lawn is affected,so it looks as if I want a reasonable lawn I am going to have to use the remedy..and then overseed..Cheers
    Thank you both for your advice..the whole lawn is affected,so it looks as if I want a reasonable lawn I am going to have to use the remedy..and then overseed..Cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lady_Gardener

I think I've got Ground Elder in my lawn

We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did work. After we did an initial, careful, time consuming spray using cardboard sheets to protect plants...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did work. After we did an initial, careful, time consuming...
    We used Roundup in hand-sprayer at a previous property to eradicate Ground Elder from the flower beds. It took a couple of years, and we killed a few wanted-plants in the process, but it did...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Phil A
    Like x 22

Important Notice, Please Read

Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Thanks for the heads up
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jack McHammocklashing

Identify eggs please

Sounds like you could have an escaped snake or other reptile in your garden then.
    Sounds like you could have an escaped snake or other reptile in your garden then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lollipop

like borage but not like borage

:thumb: Think you could be right Aaron.. Plus hoping it sets lots of seeds then... :wink::lollol:
    :thumb: Think you could be right Aaron.. Plus hoping it sets lots of seeds then... :wink::lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. easybullet

Solved What is this White cluster on my Kiwi ?

If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think...
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think you are probably right on the mold, but you could experiment with it.
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think you are probably right on the mold, but you could...
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tim Shields

White Lawn Slug

@Tim ShieldsDrowning in beer. I've been trying it on myself for years but to no avail :).However, those white slugs are a particular menace as they have a severe fondness for plant foliage.If...
    @Tim ShieldsDrowning in beer. I've been trying it on myself for years but to no avail :).However, those white slugs are a particular menace as they have a severe fondness for plant foliage.If you ever stumble across a Leopard slug or two, take them home as they feed on other slugs and rotten...
    @Tim ShieldsDrowning in beer. I've been trying it on myself for years but to no avail :).However, those white slugs are a particular menace as they have a severe fondness for plant foliage.If you ever stumble across a Leopard slug or two,...
    @Tim ShieldsDrowning in beer. I've been trying it on myself for years but to no avail :).However, those white slugs are a particular menace as they have a severe fondness for plant foliage.If...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kamchow

isla bonita

Wasn't Isla Bonita either a Madonna song or one of the Jurassic Park islands?? :sofa:
    Wasn't Isla Bonita either a Madonna song or one of the Jurassic Park islands?? :sofa:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. wiseowl

Wild Flower Or Weed

The brand you plonker :lunapic 130165696578242 5:Punjana is very good though. At least the match of Yorkshire. I just hate having to spend money in Sainsburys.
    The brand you plonker :lunapic 130165696578242 5:Punjana is very good though. At least the match of Yorkshire. I just hate having to spend money in Sainsburys.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. kartwheel

Invasive climbing weed

Thanks for all your advice. :gnthb:I shan't be doing any pulling then! - Just carefull spraying. Thanks again everyone, you've been so helpful.Hopefully I'll be hopping free soon!
    Thanks for all your advice. :gnthb:I shan't be doing any pulling then! - Just carefull spraying. Thanks again everyone, you've been so helpful.Hopefully I'll be hopping free soon!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. popperoo

Solved tiny yellow flowers covering lawn

I have looked at both of these and I think it is medicago lupulina!! The flowers on mine are not such a bright yellow but everything else seems to fit.
    I have looked at both of these and I think it is medicago lupulina!! The flowers on mine are not such a bright yellow but everything else seems to fit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. 2lap

Large Dandelion Clock?

As you thought, I think Shiney is correct. Thanks for your help! Funny how you sometimes miss the common plants!
    As you thought, I think Shiney is correct. Thanks for your help! Funny how you sometimes miss the common plants!
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Paradise

Sticky Weed..name please

Grand National??? DON'T talk to me :D :D :D My 5 horses are still running (if they ever got back on their feet) hehehehe
    Grand National??? DON'T talk to me :D :D :D My 5 horses are still running (if they ever got back on their feet) hehehehe
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Sandra-Tingle

Can anyone identify this plant?

Update....I removed all the alkanet and the back garden looks much improved. A deciding factor was when a neighbour commented on all the weeds we had!
    Update....I removed all the alkanet and the back garden looks much improved. A deciding factor was when a neighbour commented on all the weeds we had!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. keithhampson

id's please

Yep just checked an Keble has V. major down as naturalised/garden escapee :WINK1:
    Yep just checked an Keble has V. major down as naturalised/garden escapee :WINK1:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Sian in Belgium

itentification help, please!

thanks for the affirmation, Tor! I had thought it might be for a while, but the height threw me - this bush is about 3 metres tall, but it is probably about 20 years old, and not been pruned...
    thanks for the affirmation, Tor! I had thought it might be for a while, but the height threw me - this bush is about 3 metres tall, but it is probably about 20 years old, and not been pruned often, being in a rented house's garden. I just love the stems, with their grey "bloom" - which is why...
    thanks for the affirmation, Tor! I had thought it might be for a while, but the height threw me - this bush is about 3 metres tall, but it is probably about 20 years old, and not been pruned often, being in a rented house's garden. I just love...
    thanks for the affirmation, Tor! I had thought it might be for a while, but the height threw me - this bush is about 3 metres tall, but it is probably about 20 years old, and not been pruned...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. rachel duncan

Mystery Pink leaved shrub/bush!

Thank you... :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice