1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↑
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney
    Locked Sticky

Apple identification

A link to this threadHow To I.D. Your Apples - and some fruits
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO MEMBERS..

POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or fungi, either mistakenly believing it to be one...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as a result of ingesting or exposure to any plant or...
    POISONOUS PLANTS DISCLAIMER. IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ oTHISBy viewing this forum you agree that its members and staff of Gardeners Corner accept no liability for any injury or death occurring as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Informative x 6

FIVE MOST POISONOUS PLANTS IN UK..

Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others have the potential to kill. Here are five to watch...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in gardens. Some just cause discomfort, but others...
    Serious poisoning by plants is very rare in the UKDespite the British countryside’s genteel reputation there are a surprisingly large amount of poisonous plants growing both in the wild and in...
    upload_2019-2-17_19-9-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-17_19-10-21.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky
    Useful x 11

Weed Identification..

Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by HarrySKnow Your Weeds..Just click the link.. :SUNsmile:
    Sometimes it can be very confusing trying to decide whether some plants are plants we want to keep, or weeds that we don't want.. This thread might help, it was first posted in another forum by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6.   » Normal Threads
  7. Fof

Solved Help with mis-ID'd plant

Thanks. That looks a much better match.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl

Solved I D Please

Good morning @Michael Hewett and @Busy-Lizzie and thank you my friends
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. welshcake

Plant/Weed ID

Even if you don't let it seed, you'll still not get rid of it!:wallbanging:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Palustris

More weeds.

Told you my brain is not working.
    2024-04-15 15.17.05001.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sienna's Blossom

Solved What tree is this please?

I’ve just came back from a walk and I’ve seen a beautiful small bird cherry tree. Thank you for identifying.
    I’ve just came back from a walk and I’ve seen a beautiful small bird cherry tree. Thank you for identifying.
    20240420_113719.jpg PRUNUS  PADUS  BIRD  CHERRY 01-05-2014 17-47-49.JPG PRUNUS  PADUS  BIRD  CHERRY 01-05-2014 17-48-02.JPG PRUNUS  PADUS  BIRD  CHERRY 01-05-2014 17-48-21.JPG PRUNUS  PADUS  BIRD  CHERRY 01-05-2014 17-49-03.JPG PRUNUS  PADUS  BIRD  CHERRY 06-09-2018 11-47-13.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl

Solved I D Please

Good afternoon and thank you everyone
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal

Solved Something blue

Thanks @micearguers, you've jogged my memory. :thumbsup: They were in pots until two years ago when I planted them out. I thought they'd died not having seen them last year.
    Thanks @micearguers, you've jogged my memory. :thumbsup: They were in pots until two years ago when I planted them out. I thought they'd died not having seen them last year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Prestwich Gardener

What is this?

I had something similar and when I pulled them, it turned out they originated from my over enthusiastic Rosa Rugosa.
    I had something similar and when I pulled them, it turned out they originated from my over enthusiastic Rosa Rugosa.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Ergates
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Grays

Solved Plant ID please.

It took me ages to get a. maculatum to take in my garden. I likes me aroids!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MrHappyDays

Yucca?

Could well be ananas comosus, but there's a couple of aloes that look like that. Not vicious enough for puya and seems too well advanced for agave...too blue/grey for pandanus. Yep, pineapple
    Could well be ananas comosus, but there's a couple of aloes that look like that. Not vicious enough for puya and seems too well advanced for agave...too blue/grey for pandanus. Yep, pineapple
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria

Friend or Foe?

Thank you but I think this is a self seed so don't think so. I'll leave it to see if it blooms.
    Thank you but I think this is a self seed so don't think so. I'll leave it to see if it blooms.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. OwdPotter

Fungi ID

Thank you. That completely rules out my suggestion.Pics below are honey fungus...including the black boot laces.
    Thank you. That completely rules out my suggestion.Pics below are honey fungus...including the black boot laces.
    IMG_0711.JPG IMG_0712.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS  PENNY  BUN 15-08-2014 17-01-45.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS 13-09-2022 11-54-37.JPG BOLETUS  EDULIS 13-09-2022 12-00-53.JPG IMG_0714.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Wiltshirewild

Solved Ornamental grass ID

I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the place too. Perhaps it behaves better in dry areas though. The photos of it hanging nicely over pond...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the place too. Perhaps it behaves better in dry areas...
    I wouldn't have it in any garden, especially a small one. In wet areas, it's a real thug. Every verge round here is full of it, and the gardens that are next to any verges have it all over the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Marley Farley

Magnolia ID

Hi everyone my friend has just moved and there is a beautiful little Magnolia tree in the border there.. It looks like it has been there a little while, so we are presuming one of the smaller ones...
    Hi everyone my friend has just moved and there is a beautiful little Magnolia tree in the border there.. It looks like it has been there a little while, so we are presuming one of the smaller ones but don’t know which.. Any thoughts or ideas would be most welcome.. :thumbsup:
    Hi everyone my friend has just moved and there is a beautiful little Magnolia tree in the border there.. It looks like it has been there a little while, so we are presuming one of the smaller ones but don’t know which.. Any thoughts or ideas...
    Hi everyone my friend has just moved and there is a beautiful little Magnolia tree in the border there.. It looks like it has been there a little while, so we are presuming one of the smaller ones...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

Thank you @Perki my friend ,what an idiot I am :wallbanging:;) They are about 3/4 ft in height just romping away
    Thank you @Perki my friend ,what an idiot I am :wallbanging:;) They are about 3/4 ft in height just romping away
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Ella17

What plant is this???

Thank you !
    Thank you !
    Thank you !
    Thank you !
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. al.lutonee

what type of mint is this??

Hi al.lutonee and welcome to GC:sign0016: Mint is a tricky one to identify from a photo. Only you can rub the leaves and decide what they smell of! It doesn't look much like the eau-de-cologne mint that I...
    Hi al.lutonee and welcome to GC:sign0016: Mint is a tricky one to identify from a photo. Only you can rub the leaves and decide what they smell of! It doesn't look much like the eau-de-cologne mint that I used to grow, that had more of a purplish tint to the leaves. Peppermint is bright green, quite rough...
    Hi al.lutonee and welcome to GC:sign0016: Mint is a tricky one to identify from a photo. Only you can rub the leaves and decide what they smell of! It doesn't look much like the eau-de-cologne mint that I used to grow, that had more of a purplish tint to...
    Hi al.lutonee and welcome to GC:sign0016: Mint is a tricky one to identify from a photo. Only you can rub the leaves and decide what they smell of! It doesn't look much like the eau-de-cologne mint that I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. MrHappyDays

Solved Is this a mulberry ?

Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. TheMadHedger

Possible Cherry ID please

Thanks. A shame I can't eat them.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice