Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Pink678

Solved What is this large house plant? ID

Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Wow, 10 metres - needs a hole in the ceiling! I'll let him know to think about repotting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tui34

Solved What is this weed, please?

Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head now held high!!
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to a less dry bed for next year. Thanks again. Head...
    Hi Many thanks for your reply, they certainly are in a dry south facing bed so it may be too dry for them. I also wondered if I haven’t planted them to the required depth. May try moving them to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Billi

Solved Which of these is basil and oregano?

Thanks everyone :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. MrHappyDays

Solved Is this a mulberry ?

Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Ah it may be a buddleia - plant identifier on iPhone says it’s a butterfly bush ie buddleia .
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HousePlantHermit

Solved Is this an orchid? What kind?

If at all possible orchids prefer rain water and standing them on a gravel tray will help with the humidity which they like.
    If at all possible orchids prefer rain water and standing them on a gravel tray will help with the humidity which they like.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Jiffy

Solved Id please

Thank you all very much :dbgrtmb: Will try and take some cutting as i have a place for one out front where a few people walk past so hopefully they will notice the smell :biggrin:
    Thank you all very much :dbgrtmb: Will try and take some cutting as i have a place for one out front where a few people walk past so hopefully they will notice the smell :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nutcracker South Somerset

Solved Tiarella! Or Not….

Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has...
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has solved it for me too! :yes:
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has solved it for me too! :yes:
    Forget what I said about about anemone, @Angie Jones (nut) has solved it. I knew it was familiar as there is some growing wild at OH's cottage in Norfolk but I didn't know what it was so Angie has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Angie Jones (nut)

Solved ID confirmation please

Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Thanks Silver Surfer, I thought they were but lost confidence just before I planted them
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Victoria

Solved Plant or Weed?

You are welcome ... enjoy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. zebrina

Solved Spiraea?

Excellent, thanks. 15cm seems quite drastic given that it's over a meter high.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Snorky85

Solved ID please?

I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    I'm sure it'll be fine if it has a bit of room. They're easy shrubs on the whole :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. 43576

Solved What this flower called?

Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Something similar which I find a bit easier is Malope. You can sow them outside in autumn and they flower early summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kevin Cowans

Solved What Weed is this?

HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    HelloThanks for all the Replies, it is appreciated,I see endless Weeding ahead of Me, Oh Joy :sad:Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. vbgr

Solved Beetles in mung beans

Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports...
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports bringing goods in from China. V
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports bringing goods in from China. V
    Yes but, whole foods online would have refunded (£10. 38 ) had I “ given them the chance to make it up to me’ but I do feel it was for the best as there is a problem in one of the entry ports...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jowo

Solved Identification please

Well after all these suggestions, I'll be sure to put you out of your misery!! It's looking quite healthy so hopefully it will flower this year many thanks
    Well after all these suggestions, I'll be sure to put you out of your misery!! It's looking quite healthy so hopefully it will flower this year many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Weezy

Solved Help identifying this tree…

Looks like a Camelia. Its obviously not a weed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MoonBasket

Solved Please identify these little plants I was given!

I'm pretty sure E is Sedum spectabile ( now called Hylotelephium), not Cerinthe as this has smooth edges to the leaves. C might be phlox but I'm not sure. A may be Tellima and D campanula perhaps?
    I'm pretty sure E is Sedum spectabile ( now called Hylotelephium), not Cerinthe as this has smooth edges to the leaves. C might be phlox but I'm not sure. A may be Tellima and D campanula perhaps?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Bear1

Solved What is it and can I propagate

Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed is well-dug and weed-free, and the surface soil is crumbly in texture. Space the seeds around 0.5m...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed is well-dug and weed-free, and the surface soil is...
    Hi looked it up Hypericum can be propagated by seed, division, or by taking softwood cuttings. By Seed To propagate by seed, sow seeds any time from mid-spring to early autumn. Make sure the bed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. zebrina

Solved IDs please

I'd have said that the second one is probably Pieris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sheal
    Like x 3

Solved An alternative kind of identification...

Well done @The Buddleja Garden, you're spot on! :thumbsup: The picture isn't mine but I imagine the pun was intended. :) A smaller version below that may be easier for others to work out.
    Well done @The Buddleja Garden, you're spot on! :thumbsup: The picture isn't mine but I imagine the pun was intended. :) A smaller version below that may be easier for others to work out.
    00.jpg biggrin.gif upload_2023-12-15_23-40-46.png 00.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice