1. Photo Competition
    MAY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Made it through the winter" so get your best falsetto voices ready and show us what has been Stayin' Alive

Please Click Here!

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. mazambo

Solved Yellow flower?

Geum urbanum which is a seed weed of the worst kind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria

Solved ID on Bulb please

The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a few flowers now dying. This is the closest I have come so far ...Allium neapolitanum (Ornamental...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a few flowers now dying. This is the closest I have...
    The leaves are skinny and splayed on the soil. The flowers face more upwards not drooping like above and I was holding them on the long (12" at least) stem. There are two stems each with only a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. karaman

Solved What is htis dainty thing? seems to prefer shady patch

Looks like Saponaria officinalis rosea plena...the double flowered soapwort. Can be invasive in damp areas.Saponaria officinalis 'Rosea Plena' - Recherche Google
    Looks like Saponaria officinalis rosea plena...the double flowered soapwort. Can be invasive in damp areas.Saponaria officinalis 'Rosea Plena' - Recherche Google
    unk_plant.jpg SAPONARIA  OFFICINALIS  ROSEA  PLENA 04-09-2009 13-40-47.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. lindyco

Solved What's this plant please?

Thank you for your replies. It's certainly a good match. Question answered. Cheers!
    Thank you for your replies. It's certainly a good match. Question answered. Cheers!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scudo

Solved Is this Broom?

Thanks all for the replies I will pass the info on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Head Gardener's Dogsbody

Solved Is this a Pieris?

Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe fontanesiana | dog hobble Shrubs/RHS Gardening) it appears to prefer shade or partial shade, clay and poor...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe fontanesiana | dog hobble Shrubs/RHS Gardening) it appears to...
    Brilliant! Well done Perki and Thank You very much! You've given me the Genus - the best species match I've been able to make is Leucothoe fontanesiana. According to the RHS (Leucothoe...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. karaman

Solved what is partially nobbling my plant leaves?

hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall let them be themselves -- yes nigelj other plants are also affected in other parts of the garden but...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall let them be themselves -- yes nigelj other plants...
    hallo all, not water damage, defenite a critter-nobble: have looked at website given by janet and i think i've found the answer, its earwigs --- and since only a few leaves are affected, i shall...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. karaman

Solved What are these orange eggs at plant's roots?

thank you pete and upsydaisy -- fertiliser is the answer and a great relief! -- karaman
    thank you pete and upsydaisy -- fertiliser is the answer and a great relief! -- karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stu66

Solved What is this yellow flowered plant?

The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the export of palm oil. Rape is becoming harder to grow due to flea beetle and the withdrawal of neonics;...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the export of palm oil. Rape is becoming harder to grow...
    The price of rape oil has gone up quite sharply due to the reduction in sunflower seed oil from Ukraine and Russia. Manufacturers are switching to rape oil especially as Indonesia has banned the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Billi

Solved ID please

Not yet unfortunately, i did contact the council again though, they said they'd get in contact with their landlord about it. Fingers crossed they sort something before it starts to really warm up
    Not yet unfortunately, i did contact the council again though, they said they'd get in contact with their landlord about it. Fingers crossed they sort something before it starts to really warm up
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jack Snakes
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Palustris

Solved Another id please.

So very sorry Sheal but the shape of the flowers are very different in Deutzia...see pics below. They have 5 petals all the same size all radiating evenly in a circle. Inside the stamens form a...
    So very sorry Sheal but the shape of the flowers are very different in Deutzia...see pics below. They have 5 petals all the same size all radiating evenly in a circle. Inside the stamens form a small crown.While the honeysuckle tatarica are spaced oddly..uneven..see 1st pic below
    So very sorry Sheal but the shape of the flowers are very different in Deutzia...see pics below. They have 5 petals all the same size all radiating evenly in a circle. Inside the stamens form a small crown.While the honeysuckle tatarica are...
    So very sorry Sheal but the shape of the flowers are very different in Deutzia...see pics below. They have 5 petals all the same size all radiating evenly in a circle. Inside the stamens form a...
    terry's.jpg P1010188.JPG LONICERA TATARICA 10-Jul-17 10-29-30 AM.JPG DEUTZIA  COMPACTA  LAVENDER  TIME 23-May-07 3-01-55 PM.jpg DEUTZIA  GLOMERULIFLORA  BWJ7742 21-05-2007 15-03-45.JPG DEUTZIA  LONGIFOLIA  VEITCHII 11-Jun-16 2-37-19 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mazambo

Solved Willow or blueberry?

Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Victoria

Solved What is this flower please ...

Beautiful. In my case it has appeared in a rockery where I need something. I read up on it and it seems very North American rather than European. I am all into pink and orange at the moment too.
    Beautiful. In my case it has appeared in a rockery where I need something. I read up on it and it seems very North American rather than European. I am all into pink and orange at the moment too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jowo

Solved Probable weed ID please

Thanks all.. I feel gutted I've anialated one of them! I'll watch and wait. Many thanks
    Thanks all.. I feel gutted I've anialated one of them! I'll watch and wait. Many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Greybelle
    Like x 4

Solved Save that Plant

OMG!!! Silver Surfer thank you so much for this. I now have big ambitions for my small twig
    OMG!!! Silver Surfer thank you so much for this. I now have big ambitions for my small twig
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Solved Mini angel's trumpet Eriolarynx australis or something else?

Oh stop adding colours to my precious Angel's trumpet var. Heavenly White ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mazambo

Solved Hi everyone, could you identify this please?

They are very bee friendly.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. hailbopp

Solved Asking for ID for a friend

Think you are right @Silver surfer . I found a photo of one of identical colour on the net. Many thanks.
    Think you are right @Silver surfer . I found a photo of one of identical colour on the net. Many thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jonathan Black

Solved ID a tree please

It does look like a Salix...common name willow. They are notorious for needing a lot of water so will seek out water in drain pipes./sewers etc Old clay were easy to penetrate. New plastic...
    It does look like a Salix...common name willow. They are notorious for needing a lot of water so will seek out water in drain pipes./sewers etc Old clay were easy to penetrate. New plastic probably harder.It looks very nice planted there ...but I cannot tell if it is near your drains. It can...
    It does look like a Salix...common name willow. They are notorious for needing a lot of water so will seek out water in drain pipes./sewers etc Old clay were easy to penetrate. New plastic probably harder.It looks very nice planted there ...but...
    It does look like a Salix...common name willow. They are notorious for needing a lot of water so will seek out water in drain pipes./sewers etc Old clay were easy to penetrate. New plastic...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice