1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. JustKia

Solved (buddleia davidii) Tall Leafy Shrub

I visited a ruined building recently and growing out of the ruined wall was a Buddleia with the BIGGEST blooms I've ever seem. Obviously had had no attention, pruning, soil for that matter and yet...
    I visited a ruined building recently and growing out of the ruined wall was a Buddleia with the BIGGEST blooms I've ever seem. Obviously had had no attention, pruning, soil for that matter and yet is was far superior to any Buddleia I ever seen including those in smart gardens. Certainly better...
    I visited a ruined building recently and growing out of the ruined wall was a Buddleia with the BIGGEST blooms I've ever seem. Obviously had had no attention, pruning, soil for that matter and yet is was far superior to any Buddleia I ever seen...
    I visited a ruined building recently and growing out of the ruined wall was a Buddleia with the BIGGEST blooms I've ever seem. Obviously had had no attention, pruning, soil for that matter and yet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. catztail

Solved (Malopa trifida)

I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. DaveS

Solved (sedum) Bees love it, but what's it called?

Thanks for the replies, glad to be able to put a name to it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Reetgood

Solved (scabious) Some mystery plants I got

Thanks, it's not big enough to divide so I may just try the seeds - quite intrigued to see what happens!
    Thanks, it's not big enough to divide so I may just try the seeds - quite intrigued to see what happens!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Madahhlia

Solved (Escallonia) Shrub riddle

Escallonia was my first thought too :) Possibly 'Apple Blossom'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ARMANDII

Solved (Trycirtis) ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE....BUT?????????

We grow several different Tricyrtis without any problem. They have formed large patches and flower really well. Have tried Tricyrtis White Tower on 3 different occassions and each time lost it. No...
    We grow several different Tricyrtis without any problem. They have formed large patches and flower really well. Have tried Tricyrtis White Tower on 3 different occassions and each time lost it. No idea why. Shame, it is a beauty.
    We grow several different Tricyrtis without any problem. They have formed large patches and flower really well. Have tried Tricyrtis White Tower on 3 different occassions and each time lost it. No idea why. Shame, it is a beauty.
    We grow several different Tricyrtis without any problem. They have formed large patches and flower really well. Have tried Tricyrtis White Tower on 3 different occassions and each time lost it. No...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. loveweeds

Solved [Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria).} suspect wanted

Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra protection against the cold. But in the south its warmer and there is no need to leave the foliage...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra protection against the cold. But in the south its...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. rustyroots

Solved What are these please? Aphids

I've had the same trouble Rusty....i used a water spray with a few drops of lavender oil in it...soon made short work of them:dbgrtmb:
    I've had the same trouble Rusty....i used a water spray with a few drops of lavender oil in it...soon made short work of them:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lost_in_france

Solved ID help again - Mahonia aquifolium

You can prune them back hard once they've flowered and they will come back stronger, but watch out for rust. You can spray them with an anti fungal spray to discourage it :) The flowers smell...
    You can prune them back hard once they've flowered and they will come back stronger, but watch out for rust. You can spray them with an anti fungal spray to discourage it :) The flowers smell lovely though.
    You can prune them back hard once they've flowered and they will come back stronger, but watch out for rust. You can spray them with an anti fungal spray to discourage it :) The flowers smell lovely though.
    You can prune them back hard once they've flowered and they will come back stronger, but watch out for rust. You can spray them with an anti fungal spray to discourage it :) The flowers smell...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Chris2014

Solved Can anyone identify this poor plant? - Elaeagnus

Fantastic! Thank-you for the information, much appreciated!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Noushynoo

Solved Shiny variegated leaf evergreen shrub - Abelia 'Kaleidoscope'

:whistle:I'll look the other way......
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Val..

Solved Gift from Anglia Bulbs....but what are they?? - Poly pots

They've delivered things to me in those before, things that were enclosed with peat / compost. Might just be a convenient "wrapper" which has a second-use as a Polypot perhaps?
    They've delivered things to me in those before, things that were enclosed with peat / compost. Might just be a convenient "wrapper" which has a second-use as a Polypot perhaps?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Trunky

Solved Small ornamental grass - Sesleria Caerulea

I think that's it John. :dbgrtmb: Thanks for that, been wondering what it was for some time.We've only got the one little patch of it, but I'd like to use it a bit more around the place, as it seems to...
    I think that's it John. :dbgrtmb: Thanks for that, been wondering what it was for some time.We've only got the one little patch of it, but I'd like to use it a bit more around the place, as it seems to be one of the few compact grasses which is rabbit resistant, always an important consideration for...
    I think that's it John. :dbgrtmb: Thanks for that, been wondering what it was for some time.We've only got the one little patch of it, but I'd like to use it a bit more around the place, as it seems to be one of the few compact grasses which is rabbit...
    I think that's it John. :dbgrtmb: Thanks for that, been wondering what it was for some time.We've only got the one little patch of it, but I'd like to use it a bit more around the place, as it seems to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. amanita

Solved ID PLEASE - Chionodoxa Lucilliae

Thank you both for your replies
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sal73

Solved Hard Id , help please - Grevillea Langera

Hardy down to -5c
    Hardy down to -5c
    Hardy down to -5c
    Hardy down to -5c
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Solved What's this? - Green Alkanet (Pentaglottis sempervirens)

There was certainly no shortage of it along the roadside - it was positively thriving.
    There was certainly no shortage of it along the roadside - it was positively thriving.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. intel

Solved Plant ID Please - Garlic Mustard (Alliaria petiolata)

I quite like them, add a bit of height.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rustyroots

Solved What are these. Please? - Forget me Not

I think they are forget me nots. They will start sending up airy flower stems soon about a foot high, which create a lovely misty blue look. If you don't want triple the number next year, just...
    I think they are forget me nots. They will start sending up airy flower stems soon about a foot high, which create a lovely misty blue look. If you don't want triple the number next year, just pull off the flower stalk or uproot the whole think when it starts to get in the way of everything else...
    I think they are forget me nots. They will start sending up airy flower stems soon about a foot high, which create a lovely misty blue look. If you don't want triple the number next year, just pull off the flower stalk or uproot the whole think...
    I think they are forget me nots. They will start sending up airy flower stems soon about a foot high, which create a lovely misty blue look. If you don't want triple the number next year, just...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nFrost

Solved ID Pink Imposter - Matthiola, Night Scented Stock

It's in the herb corner so I can't have done. A true imposter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Rob Lloyd

Solved Intruder - Russian Snowdrop (Puschkinia Scilloides (Striped Squill) )

I got it wrong in my excitement lol. They are Russian snowdrops (I think) thank you Fern! And everyone else. Might as well keep them where they are :)
    I got it wrong in my excitement lol. They are Russian snowdrops (I think) thank you Fern! And everyone else. Might as well keep them where they are :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice