1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. loveweeds

Solved [Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria).} suspect wanted

Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra protection against the cold. But in the south its warmer and there is no need to leave the foliage...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra protection against the cold. But in the south its...
    Loveweeds - yes I don't cut down anything in the autumn. This had been debated before, and the opinion seems to be that in the north you don't cut back in autumn as the foliage adds a bit of extra...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. eddybaby

Solved Yet another little gem

That looks like an elder seedling to me. If it has a green stem with nobbles on it then it is.
    That looks like an elder seedling to me. If it has a green stem with nobbles on it then it is.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Upsydaisy

Solved Yep...done it again!!

Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics will only be going into there. I still have the plain versions stored in my 'normal ' photo album, so...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics will only be going into there. I still have the plain...
    Oh well this will suit my identification needs...I hope!!;) I don't use the laptop or desktop computers now as I prefer my tablet. :) I have created a flower index album on my tablet so these pics...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. mazambo

Solved Yellow flower?

Geum urbanum which is a seed weed of the worst kind.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SimonZ

Solved Yellow flower, Portland USA

Looks like Anethum graveolens (Dill) to me ; definitely an Umbellifer flower , and very nice too!
    Looks like Anethum graveolens (Dill) to me ; definitely an Umbellifer flower , and very nice too!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Trunky

Solved Yellow flower, mottled leaves.

We've been digging them out and throwing them away for years! They appear all over our front garden. :rolleyespink:
    We've been digging them out and throwing them away for years! They appear all over our front garden. :rolleyespink:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mazambo
    Like x 3

Solved Yellow azalea luteum?

Thanks @Silver surfer I have to have one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Forestwalker

Solved Would love to know what this beauty is.

Thank you very much - have a wonderful day noisette!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ThePlantAssassin

Solved Wisteria

And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist height, to give the young plant something to hang onto, and then 2 foot intervals from there. At the end...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist height, to give the young plant something to hang...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. MAJ

Solved Wispy weed...?

Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Wannabe

Solved Winter flowering climber

Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Solved Willow or blueberry?

Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Max6389

Solved Wildflower ID

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. HarryS

Solved Wild/Meadow Flower ID

@KFF cheers , the Campion from the wildflower packet of seeds is doing fine. In fact this seems the way to garden, just throw seeds on a bare patch and leave them to it!
    @KFF cheers , the Campion from the wildflower packet of seeds is doing fine. In fact this seems the way to garden, just throw seeds on a bare patch and leave them to it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. nikirushka

Solved Wild plant ID please

Brilliant, thank you all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Palustris

Solved Wild plant id

Thanks Noisette. I knew I should have recognised it. Old persons moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hailbopp

Solved Wild flower?

Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of Scotland not far from Edinburgh but at about 350 ft. I would say a similar climate to yourself so all...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of Scotland not far from Edinburgh but at about 350 ft. I...
    Yes you are right @Silver surfer :) we do live on a fair size of land mass. Scotland varies considerably depending on location as you will know. I live on the east (drier)like yourself, side of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Ilkley Gardeners
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Jowo

Solved Wild flower ID please

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mike! Yes very similar. This is quite tall and I see that it can grow up to 12inches so more than likely you've got it right. Thank you
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there Mike! Yes very similar. This is quite tall and I see that it can grow up to 12inches so more than likely you've got it right. Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Solved Wild Flower ID

Collins....Its a jolly good guide to British Wild Flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice