1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. easybullet

Solved What is this White cluster on my Kiwi ?

If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think...
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think you are probably right on the mold, but you could experiment with it.
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think you are probably right on the mold, but you could...
    If it was fruit fly eggs, you should be able to find a mark on the skin of the fruit, the entry point if you like, and the white marks, would extend to the surface. As for the mold, I wolud think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. popperoo

Solved tiny yellow flowers covering lawn

I have looked at both of these and I think it is medicago lupulina!! The flowers on mine are not such a bright yellow but everything else seems to fit.
    I have looked at both of these and I think it is medicago lupulina!! The flowers on mine are not such a bright yellow but everything else seems to fit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fletch81

Solved Help identify and get rid of....please! - Valerian

Otherwise known as Centranthus ruber.Valerian officinalis is a completely different plant.
    Otherwise known as Centranthus ruber.Valerian officinalis is a completely different plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. MrsK
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. misterQ

Solved Clematis-like climber with small white flowers...

Thought I`d stick these on for comparison purposes :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. catztail

Solved (Malopa trifida)

I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    I'd like to join the Silver Surfer fan club! You are brilliant at knowing what's what and I'll know doubt be enquiring in the future.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Andy567

Solved Anyone know this weed?

Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Awesome thanks everybody :) Yes i had borage a year or two ago I recall. It could well be that because the leaves are kinda furry which i recall borage was.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gail_68

Solved ID please - Weed OXALIS

I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our...
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our drive...I agree with you it's a total nightmare :)
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our drive...I agree with you it's a total nightmare :)
    I mentioned what Verdun said about the glyphosate and he's on about putting acid on it what he uses to clean the slabs...it's stopped moss from the neighbours getting to thick and heavy by our...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

I don't think it's the same, as yours has red stems ours in the picture don't have
    I don't think it's the same, as yours has red stems ours in the picture don't have
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Saliha

Solved What´s this plant?

Yep, that was quite complicated one. Let´s see what I´ll find next. :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JWK
    Like x 7

Solved Very old Tree ID please

Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the park was done in 1920 as you'll see from these...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JWK

Solved Soft Fruit Identification

Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next...
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next job will be getting a fruit cage and tying in the new canes.
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next job will be getting a fruit cage and tying in the...
    Thanks noisette, that confirms what I have I think. Yes it will be great seeing what pops up.I managed to prune all the soft fruit this afternoon, the blackberries have ferocious thorns.Next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. "M"

Solved Hmm - triffid or tame?

Careful there, Jenny ... by my reckoning, it will coincide with your next visit ... and we all know how you like to get your nose stuck in to inhale deeply. Just saying!
    Careful there, Jenny ... by my reckoning, it will coincide with your next visit ... and we all know how you like to get your nose stuck in to inhale deeply. Just saying!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Trunky

Solved Mystery plant - wild flower perhaps?

Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) is the one the French were alerted about. It's wind pollinated, and as Silver Surfer says, the pollen causes some people an extreme allergic reaction. I nicked a...
    Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) is the one the French were alerted about. It's wind pollinated, and as Silver Surfer says, the pollen causes some people an extreme allergic reaction. I nicked a copy of the poster about ragweed, which I've still got somewhere. I was in the Drome departement in...
    Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) is the one the French were alerted about. It's wind pollinated, and as Silver Surfer says, the pollen causes some people an extreme allergic reaction. I nicked a copy of the poster about ragweed, which I've still...
    Ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) is the one the French were alerted about. It's wind pollinated, and as Silver Surfer says, the pollen causes some people an extreme allergic reaction. I nicked a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Pushkin

Solved Rose Sucker ID please.

Many thanks Tetters, yes I had missed Wise Owles post, but I think we were both much on the same line of thought.
    Many thanks Tetters, yes I had missed Wise Owles post, but I think we were both much on the same line of thought.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Ballyhack5

Solved Rowan tree - any advice re possible fireblight

Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn colour before falling off, but they were/are quite brown and shrivelled. Some leaves at the top are...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn colour before falling off, but they were/are quite...
    Thank you for all the advice. The tree appeared to be growing well aftwr planting and has been well watered with our changeable 'summer'. I had expected the leaves to change to a golden autumn...
    IMG_20201007_110451.jpg IMG_20201007_110458.jpg IMG_20201007_110532.jpg IMG_20201018_131726.jpg IMG_20201021_102831.jpg IMG_20201021_102847.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. greenasthegrass

Solved Looking for help identifying these hedges!

Thanks! The hedge faces directly south so gets full sun throughout the day.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. longk

Solved What is this? - Zantedeschia elliottiana

I think a Calla Lily called "Moonlight" was one of the RHS Plants of the Year 2014 @chelseaEdit: Link to the RHS list:
    I think a Calla Lily called "Moonlight" was one of the RHS Plants of the Year 2014 @chelseaEdit: Link to the RHS list:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Graham B

Solved What is this vine and how do I best kill it?

Well Graham at last you know. Now to get rid of it. Although tedious, I'd try and remove the berries, perhaps even laying out some kind of sheeting beneath the plant. Then I'd cut the plant...
    Well Graham at last you know. Now to get rid of it. Although tedious, I'd try and remove the berries, perhaps even laying out some kind of sheeting beneath the plant. Then I'd cut the plant close to the ground. Gather up the plant and burn. Now dig out the root. Heep an eye on the soil and...
    Well Graham at last you know. Now to get rid of it. Although tedious, I'd try and remove the berries, perhaps even laying out some kind of sheeting beneath the plant. Then I'd cut the plant close to the ground. Gather up the plant and burn. ...
    Well Graham at last you know. Now to get rid of it. Although tedious, I'd try and remove the berries, perhaps even laying out some kind of sheeting beneath the plant. Then I'd cut the plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. wiseowl

Solved Shade Loving Plant

It's just the odd shoot now (from the bits of root that got missed) and unfortunately there is too mush close to/around them that I want to keep alive.
    It's just the odd shoot now (from the bits of root that got missed) and unfortunately there is too mush close to/around them that I want to keep alive.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice