1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. toppington

More ID please!

Celandine is now called Ficaria verna, by the way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Monty33

Tree at bottom of garden

Like Sheal says, a close up of the seed pods would be good. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. JenG

What is it and how do I get rid of it??

It definitely looks like stinging nettles rather than the less-menacing looking and non-sting, harmless dead nettles.I'm with Sheal on this one. His method of erradication is the best course of...
    It definitely looks like stinging nettles rather than the less-menacing looking and non-sting, harmless dead nettles.I'm with Sheal on this one. His method of erradication is the best course of action. You can try digging them up but even with a fork (which is far better for removing roots),...
    It definitely looks like stinging nettles rather than the less-menacing looking and non-sting, harmless dead nettles.I'm with Sheal on this one. His method of erradication is the best course of action. You can try digging them up but even with...
    It definitely looks like stinging nettles rather than the less-menacing looking and non-sting, harmless dead nettles.I'm with Sheal on this one. His method of erradication is the best course of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. daisybelle

Laurel ID

I think you're right, missed that in my first google! Should be fine then, I'm glad 'cos it's a really nice shrub, lovely glossy leaves :)
    I think you're right, missed that in my first google! Should be fine then, I'm glad 'cos it's a really nice shrub, lovely glossy leaves :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wiseowl

Heather ?

Good afternoon @Silver surfer and thank you my friend
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. adlitt

Please I.D.

Hi Adlitt. Were these from a wildflower seed mixture? So many combinations of mixtures around now. I'd like to take a punt that both 1 & 4 are Renunculus and part of the buttercup family. I'll be...
    Hi Adlitt. Were these from a wildflower seed mixture? So many combinations of mixtures around now. I'd like to take a punt that both 1 & 4 are Renunculus and part of the buttercup family. I'll be able to have a much better look once I'm home.
    Hi Adlitt. Were these from a wildflower seed mixture? So many combinations of mixtures around now. I'd like to take a punt that both 1 & 4 are Renunculus and part of the buttercup family. I'll be able to have a much better look once I'm home.
    Hi Adlitt. Were these from a wildflower seed mixture? So many combinations of mixtures around now. I'd like to take a punt that both 1 & 4 are Renunculus and part of the buttercup family. I'll be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. nbrodie

id please

Although the picture isn't too clear I agree with Redwing.It would have had pale greenish flowers which are loved by flower arrangers. Water droplets collect in the centre fold of the leaves...
    Although the picture isn't too clear I agree with Redwing.It would have had pale greenish flowers which are loved by flower arrangers. Water droplets collect in the centre fold of the leaves and look quite attractive. The common name for it is Ladies Mantle because of the shape of the...
    Although the picture isn't too clear I agree with Redwing.It would have had pale greenish flowers which are loved by flower arrangers. Water droplets collect in the centre fold of the leaves and look quite attractive. The common name for it...
    Although the picture isn't too clear I agree with Redwing.It would have had pale greenish flowers which are loved by flower arrangers. Water droplets collect in the centre fold of the leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

I.D. For A Friend, Please?

Thanks very much @Palustris :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. tangham

ID please

There are several Asters it could be.... but I would hate to take it any further!eg. Aster novi belgii...many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and tall ones.eg. Aster novi...
    There are several Asters it could be.... but I would hate to take it any further!eg. Aster novi belgii...many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and tall ones.eg. Aster novi angliae.....many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and tall ones.All come under the common name...
    There are several Asters it could be.... but I would hate to take it any further!eg. Aster novi belgii...many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and tall ones.eg. Aster novi angliae.....many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and...
    There are several Asters it could be.... but I would hate to take it any further!eg. Aster novi belgii...many named cultivars/hybrids dwarf ones and tall ones.eg. Aster novi...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. martyn bromley

What is this bug ?

Once again you have come up with the answer -thanks and very impressive
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. martyn bromley

Can anyone identify please

The only other time I have posted a question you answered straight away. -it's very impressive.You must have an amazing knowledge of plants and pests. Thanks . Martyn
    The only other time I have posted a question you answered straight away. -it's very impressive.You must have an amazing knowledge of plants and pests. Thanks . Martyn
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Nigel62

Whats this?

Had a feeling it was something like that.Thanks for reply.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lucy Woodward

Chrysanthemum I.d please ?

yes - I have looked at that one and thought it was a possibility - many thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. nikirushka

What is this please?

It did give off an interesting scent while I was watering it. Thanks!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Jupes

What is it please?

Thank you so much.
    Thank you so much.
    Thank you so much.
    Thank you so much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. deanoliv

Hey, this is growing in my borders, can anyone ID?

Looks like Stellaria media...common name Chickweed. After rain very easy to weed out by hand . ....bit time consuming. Try not to let it...
    Looks like Stellaria media...common name Chickweed. After rain very easy to weed out by hand . ....bit time consuming. Try not to let it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dragonfly Dianne

Solved ID please

Oh thank you, one to keep then :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dragonfly Dianne

Solved Large leaf plant

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Luke631

Solved Can anyone I.D this shrub?

Thank you so much!:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dragonfly Dianne

Solved ?

Oh thank you! This forum is so useful! I've been trying to work out what plants I have since I moved house in November!
    Oh thank you! This forum is so useful! I've been trying to work out what plants I have since I moved house in November!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice