1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Sargan

Identify Grape Type ?

My sister has a number of grape vines, that produce black wine grapes. Can anybody help identify the variety for me ... if I know what they are I can turn them into appropriate wine type. The...
    My sister has a number of grape vines, that produce black wine grapes. Can anybody help identify the variety for me ... if I know what they are I can turn them into appropriate wine type. The grapes start out green turn black, and are seeded. Leaf has no hairs on underside
    My sister has a number of grape vines, that produce black wine grapes. Can anybody help identify the variety for me ... if I know what they are I can turn them into appropriate wine type. The grapes start out green turn black, and are...
    My sister has a number of grape vines, that produce black wine grapes. Can anybody help identify the variety for me ... if I know what they are I can turn them into appropriate wine type. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. intermiplants

not sure what this is

Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in early to mid summer. Very attractive plants... Nice present. Look up the varieties again when it is...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in early to mid summer. Very attractive plants... Nice...
    Oh yes I agree. Nice one Whis4ey.. If it is one of the ornamentals it could grow to 3ft x 8ft after 10yrs. So I would keep it trimmed to the size you want it to be. They like to be trimmed in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. karl

Please can you help identify these two plants

Don't prune the clematis yet (the top picture) as it's covered with buds. You'll get a fantastic display in a month's time!
    Don't prune the clematis yet (the top picture) as it's covered with buds. You'll get a fantastic display in a month's time!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. oktarine

Espalier - What is it

Thanks John, I'll look into it a bit more, but have to say this current ( no pun intented ) dry spell is knocking the growth rate of my Blackcurrant plant.Maybe it will rain soon ?
    Thanks John, I'll look into it a bit more, but have to say this current ( no pun intented ) dry spell is knocking the growth rate of my Blackcurrant plant.Maybe it will rain soon ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

I like this but no idea what is in it?

Silver trailing plant left hand rear is Silver Helichrysum (was waiting outside house for OH & daughter when posting other 2, but they came out before posting 3rd).
    Silver trailing plant left hand rear is Silver Helichrysum (was waiting outside house for OH & daughter when posting other 2, but they came out before posting 3rd).
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Debs The Gardener

ID please

Thank you so much. Mystery solved x
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Piggins

Is this a Skimmia Japonica?

That's the one -- brilliant. Thanks to you all for your help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sian in Belgium

Solved A white flower-spike plant

(And yes, Salvia lovers, that is a Salvia Hot lips in the background....)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gary1983

Solved Plant or weed identity

Wow that looks great
    Wow that looks great
    Wow that looks great
    Wow that looks great
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. SimonZ

Solved Probably not Astrantias

Possibly a form of Astrantia MaximaPlantFiles Pictures: Astrantia Species, Large Masterwort (Astrantia maxima) by kniphofia
    Possibly a form of Astrantia MaximaPlantFiles Pictures: Astrantia Species, Large Masterwort (Astrantia maxima) by kniphofia
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Jasmine star

Solved ID please.

Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank...
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank you everyone for your help :dbgrtmb:
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank you everyone for your help :dbgrtmb:
    Both flowers are off the same plant :rolleyespink: I think you're right though. it is a meadow buttercup :love30: Is it wise to keep it in the border? By that I mean can it be a menace.Just want to also say thank...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Palustris

Solved Weed or not?

Definitely, thanks. Should have known ,but as I said brain dead at the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snowbaby

Plant ID please?

They like it outdoors through the summer; my mother in law has one that I cut back last year after it looked rather ill, I gave it a feed and she took it back home and kept it in a sunny spot on...
    They like it outdoors through the summer; my mother in law has one that I cut back last year after it looked rather ill, I gave it a feed and she took it back home and kept it in a sunny spot on her deck. After a few weeks we visited and when I saw it I was amazed, it looked stunning, loads of...
    They like it outdoors through the summer; my mother in law has one that I cut back last year after it looked rather ill, I gave it a feed and she took it back home and kept it in a sunny spot on her deck. After a few weeks we visited and when I...
    They like it outdoors through the summer; my mother in law has one that I cut back last year after it looked rather ill, I gave it a feed and she took it back home and kept it in a sunny spot on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mickwall

Id please

Thanks Marley i thought it might be as well but got confused by looking it up in an old book. Must have had another name or somthing completley different, it was long ago and i am getting old lol
    Thanks Marley i thought it might be as well but got confused by looking it up in an old book. Must have had another name or somthing completley different, it was long ago and i am getting old lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fat Controller

I know I am a 'fun guy' but....

Nah, no need - 10% is already too much of a risk with a kiddie and a dog. Gloves, bag and getting shot of tomorrow.Thanks mate :)
    Nah, no need - 10% is already too much of a risk with a kiddie and a dog. Gloves, bag and getting shot of tomorrow.Thanks mate :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. shiney

Solved Some I.D.s Please?

Thanks all :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. fumanchu

Solved What is this shrub please?

That sounds right, I think I remember getting one and then it vanished. It must have resurrected itself. TY!
    That sounds right, I think I remember getting one and then it vanished. It must have resurrected itself. TY!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. cucumber

Please identify geranium-like plant

Thank you very much. The name rings a bell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Clueless76

What is this please?

Purple Pixie was just a suggestion. I cannot be sure . I don't have a great deal of experience with Hebe. We grew a few. One outgrew the space. It was pruned...and died. Maybe we did it too hard...
    Purple Pixie was just a suggestion. I cannot be sure . I don't have a great deal of experience with Hebe. We grew a few. One outgrew the space. It was pruned...and died. Maybe we did it too hard or at the wrong time. A hard winter killed the others!
    Purple Pixie was just a suggestion. I cannot be sure . I don't have a great deal of experience with Hebe. We grew a few. One outgrew the space. It was pruned...and died. Maybe we did it too hard or at the wrong time. A hard winter killed the others!
    Purple Pixie was just a suggestion. I cannot be sure . I don't have a great deal of experience with Hebe. We grew a few. One outgrew the space. It was pruned...and died. Maybe we did it too hard...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jiffy

Id Please

That is Selfheal Prunella vulgaris Jiffy I have it in my lawn & I love to see it, but I am not after a perfect lawn & am passionate about wildflowers... :D
    That is Selfheal Prunella vulgaris Jiffy I have it in my lawn & I love to see it, but I am not after a perfect lawn & am passionate about wildflowers... :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice