1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Stu66

Solved What is this purple flowered plant called?

They come in all different colours but yellow are less common.Some that we used to have
    They come in all different colours but yellow are less common.Some that we used to have
    20220518_115536.jpg 20220518_115605.jpg IMG_20220518_145202.jpg IMG_20220518_144034.jpg 252_5292.JPG 252_5293.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. mazambo
    Like x 3

Solved Yellow azalea luteum?

Thanks @Silver surfer I have to have one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. shiney

Solved ID of caterpillars please.

Thanks for the info. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Max6389

Solved Plant ID please

The single one I have had for the past few years was a no show this spring. Might have to treat myself.
    The single one I have had for the past few years was a no show this spring. Might have to treat myself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lovenature

Plant ID please

I agree with @pete it could be beetroot gone to seed.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

A plant amongst the wood anemones

Interesting Leaves look almost succulent...interesting margins2nd pic doesn't show the leaves seen in 1st pic. 2nd pic doesn't help...sorry.
    Interesting Leaves look almost succulent...interesting margins2nd pic doesn't show the leaves seen in 1st pic. 2nd pic doesn't help...sorry.
    14918820-29C1-4CAC-BC96-18312D179B9B.jpeg IMG_20220528_110239.jpg 14918820-29C1-4CAC-BC96-18312D179B9B.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lindyco

Is it a herb? Is it a weed?

Do please add some more clear close up pics. It should be possible to id this. I hate to be negative and just say...it is not xxx
    Do please add some more clear close up pics. It should be possible to id this. I hate to be negative and just say...it is not xxx
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. shiney

I.D. Please - For A Visiting Nephew

Thanks, all and thanks @Silver surfer for the detail :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Green Gremlin

Solved What am I?

I agree, it's liverwort ... It spreads by spores formed in those starry things. If you look under them you'll probably see flat stems like lobes sprawling on the ground.
    I agree, it's liverwort ... It spreads by spores formed in those starry things. If you look under them you'll probably see flat stems like lobes sprawling on the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. IanMacK

Solved What is this insecticide / fungicide ??

Thanks @shiney and @Nikolaos I never remember buying any product called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. However, the plastic top was in my drawer although had cracked so much as to become...
    Thanks @shiney and @Nikolaos I never remember buying any product called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. However, the plastic top was in my drawer although had cracked so much as to become unusable. From @Nikolaos's pic, I recall that the lid right hand side (you can see a vertical 'partition' in...
    Thanks @shiney and @Nikolaos I never remember buying any product called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. However, the plastic top was in my drawer although had cracked so much as to become unusable. From @Nikolaos's pic, I recall that the lid right...
    Thanks @shiney and @Nikolaos I never remember buying any product called Provado Ultimate Bug Killer. However, the plastic top was in my drawer although had cracked so much as to become...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. New2Gardening

Solved Any ideas what this tree is?

Near here is a similar one ..Fagus sylvatic atropurpurea...common name Copper beech. Normally I hate pruned trees but in a tiny garden this one still fits and does look good. It is a work of art...
    Near here is a similar one ..Fagus sylvatic atropurpurea...common name Copper beech. Normally I hate pruned trees but in a tiny garden this one still fits and does look good. It is a work of art to keep it looking so immaculate. Pic below was taken in February.
    Near here is a similar one ..Fagus sylvatic atropurpurea...common name Copper beech. Normally I hate pruned trees but in a tiny garden this one still fits and does look good. It is a work of art to keep it looking so immaculate. Pic below was...
    Near here is a similar one ..Fagus sylvatic atropurpurea...common name Copper beech. Normally I hate pruned trees but in a tiny garden this one still fits and does look good. It is a work of art...
    IMG_1467 2.jpg IMG_1490.jpg FAGUS  SYLVATICA  ATROPURPUREA 08-02-2022 14-38-54.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ricky187

Solved Dwarf Tree Identification

I held off giving pruning advice as I assumed others would know more than me. But for what it's worth I'd prune it back now, taking equal amounts off all round. Best pruned immediately after...
    I held off giving pruning advice as I assumed others would know more than me. But for what it's worth I'd prune it back now, taking equal amounts off all round. Best pruned immediately after flowering if possible, so hurry up. :biggrin:
    I held off giving pruning advice as I assumed others would know more than me. But for what it's worth I'd prune it back now, taking equal amounts off all round. Best pruned immediately after flowering if possible, so hurry up. :biggrin:
    I held off giving pruning advice as I assumed others would know more than me. But for what it's worth I'd prune it back now, taking equal amounts off all round. Best pruned immediately after...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Selleri

Solved What is this hardy annual please?

I'll have to get a proper Geordie to answer that :biggrin:Very off topic, a dear colleague has a real Geordie accent that for some reason totally contradicts with everything I had learnt about English...
    I'll have to get a proper Geordie to answer that :biggrin:Very off topic, a dear colleague has a real Geordie accent that for some reason totally contradicts with everything I had learnt about English language-we just couldn't get through a sentence about the weather without a lot of confusion. We...
    I'll have to get a proper Geordie to answer that :biggrin:Very off topic, a dear colleague has a real Geordie accent that for some reason totally contradicts with everything I had learnt about English language-we just couldn't get through a sentence...
    I'll have to get a proper Geordie to answer that :biggrin:Very off topic, a dear colleague has a real Geordie accent that for some reason totally contradicts with everything I had learnt about English...
    hardy2.jpg hardy3.jpg hardy4.jpg biggrin.gif
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. trogre

Solved Weed

Potentilla reptans...blinking pain.
    Weed.jpg POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-06 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-26 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS  CREEPING  CINQUEFOIL 11-Jun-08 10-41-52 AM.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS 24-08-2011 11-17-45.JPG POTENTILLA  REPTANS 24-08-2011 11-17-54.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Oldman2

Solved Plant ID please

Thanks both of you :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. groundbeetle

Can anyone identify this Geranium?

Maybe Geranium sanguineum ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Upsydaisy

Solved Am l nurturing a weed?

@Nikolaos Is this a Marmalade Hoverfly?I get a lot of these in my garden. This year they don't seem to be collecting nectar from flowers as much as last year, but last year I grew absolutely...
    @Nikolaos Is this a Marmalade Hoverfly?I get a lot of these in my garden. This year they don't seem to be collecting nectar from flowers as much as last year, but last year I grew absolutely loads of Alyssum (Carpet of Snow and Magic Circle Mixed), and this year I tried to keep it in just a...
    @Nikolaos Is this a Marmalade Hoverfly?I get a lot of these in my garden. This year they don't seem to be collecting nectar from flowers as much as last year, but last year I grew absolutely loads of Alyssum (Carpet of Snow and Magic Circle...
    @Nikolaos Is this a Marmalade Hoverfly?I get a lot of these in my garden. This year they don't seem to be collecting nectar from flowers as much as last year, but last year I grew absolutely...
    20220528_173624.jpg 20220528_173602.jpg 20220528_182729.jpg 20220528_182849.jpg 20220528_182834.jpg 20220528_182858.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Oldman2

Solved Plant id please

Many thanks both of you :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. CanadianLori

After 2 days of rain, this appeared. No label, did I plant this?

Is it self heal?
    Is it self heal?
    Is it self heal?
    Is it self heal?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. geoff956

Solved Identification request

Mine is just coming into bloom at the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice