1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Loki

Solved ID please. Rouge seed I think.

Good morning @Silver surfer my friend and many thanks,enjoy your day
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Phil A

Weed ID

Could be right there Redwing, not off the willow in the garden by the look of the leaves.Might be a Goat Willow dropped by a Swallow or something :)
    Could be right there Redwing, not off the willow in the garden by the look of the leaves.Might be a Goat Willow dropped by a Swallow or something :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Pookin

Is this a houseplant or a shrub?

Looks a bit like Radermachera sinica, if it is, its usually grown as a house plant in the UK, but is actually a nice big tree in warmer climates. It can go outside in summer but needs frost...
    Looks a bit like Radermachera sinica, if it is, its usually grown as a house plant in the UK, but is actually a nice big tree in warmer climates. It can go outside in summer but needs frost protection.
    Looks a bit like Radermachera sinica, if it is, its usually grown as a house plant in the UK, but is actually a nice big tree in warmer climates. It can go outside in summer but needs frost protection.
    Looks a bit like Radermachera sinica, if it is, its usually grown as a house plant in the UK, but is actually a nice big tree in warmer climates. It can go outside in summer but needs frost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Emily Brookes

What is this?

you make a good point! :ideaIPB:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Max6389

Solved Plant ID

Liatris spicata.Liatris spicata. - Google Search
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dips

what is this please?

thank you @Palustris
    thank you @Palustris
    thank you @Palustris
    thank you @Palustris
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Max6389

Solved Growing near the pond

Ajuga reptans? :scratch: You should get blue flowers soon if it's that.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. polybear

Any idea what plant this is please?

It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    It is one of the many species of willowherb. Recommend you get rid of it asap before it seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Rustler

An ID please.

Thanks Jiffy. It will be a Crocosmia then as I know I planted some of these. Ha ha. Don't know where the rest are though. Oops!
    Thanks Jiffy. It will be a Crocosmia then as I know I planted some of these. Ha ha. Don't know where the rest are though. Oops!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Freddy

Solved An ID please

A truly lovely plant but cage it as it suckers like crazy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Ed S

Solved This fiend

Looks to be 2 plants. 1. Honeysuckle. 2. Appears to be Jasmimun nudiflorum....see pics below Note the green , square stems. Should have tiny yellow flowers before the leaves.
    Looks to be 2 plants. 1. Honeysuckle. 2. Appears to be Jasmimun nudiflorum....see pics below Note the green , square stems. Should have tiny yellow flowers before the leaves.
    IMG_20200302_160957189_HDR.jpg IMG_20200302_161001637.jpg JASMINUM  NUDIFLORUM 15-09-2010 16-58-59.jpg JASMINUM  NUDIFLORUM 31-10-2007 11-55-18.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lelly

ergh, wots this?

If you don't have a pond, you could try putting them on a plate for the birds - if they don't fry in the sun first!
    If you don't have a pond, you could try putting them on a plate for the birds - if they don't fry in the sun first!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. shiney

Rose I.D. For A Friend

No, Mrs Shiney didn't have a sniff either :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. roders

Whats this?

Tis a VapourerButterfly and moths here
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bear1

Solved Not sure what this is , prob something obvious lol

I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few on , not holding my breath that they will be good lol
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Interloper in my raspberry patch...

Bloody squirrels! They are forever burying stuff in my garden - thanks Pete :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. MrHappyDays

Is this a salvia?

If it is Salvia Hotlips, the leaves will definitely smell .
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

Looks like Pentaglottis sempervirens. Common name green alkanet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. martyn bromley

What is this plant ?

Definitely agree. It's much nicer, in my opinion, than other similar Arums as it has such a nice variegation. It tends to get quite rampant if left to its own devices as the seeds heads spread...
    Definitely agree. It's much nicer, in my opinion, than other similar Arums as it has such a nice variegation. It tends to get quite rampant if left to its own devices as the seeds heads spread easily (the birds will help :whistle:). Its common name is Lords and ladies and the flowers are short lived...
    Definitely agree. It's much nicer, in my opinion, than other similar Arums as it has such a nice variegation. It tends to get quite rampant if left to its own devices as the seeds heads spread easily (the birds will help :whistle:). Its common name is...
    Definitely agree. It's much nicer, in my opinion, than other similar Arums as it has such a nice variegation. It tends to get quite rampant if left to its own devices as the seeds heads spread...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. mazambo

Weeds In a pot?

Just had a closer look, I can count five plants in two pots, just like to ask if I can leave them there to overwinter, I know they should flower next year.
    Just had a closer look, I can count five plants in two pots, just like to ask if I can leave them there to overwinter, I know they should flower next year.
    20190822_180158.jpg 20190822_180225.jpg 20190822_201743.jpg 20190822_201753.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice