Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. GO1982

severe allergic reaction caused by unknown plant

No Euphorbia on your patch is there? The sap from that would be very likely to cause that reaction.
    No Euphorbia on your patch is there? The sap from that would be very likely to cause that reaction.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kedi-Gato

Toadstools, Mushrooms, Moss, Lichen, etc

I found this fairly large toadstool on Sunday. It was about 16 - 17 cm across. Who can ID it please?
    I found this fairly large toadstool on Sunday. It was about 16 - 17 cm across. Who can ID it please?
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fletch81

Solved Help identify and get rid of....please! - Valerian

Otherwise known as Centranthus ruber.Valerian officinalis is a completely different plant.
    Otherwise known as Centranthus ruber.Valerian officinalis is a completely different plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. clueless1

Anything poisonous that looks and smells like mint?

Well I pinched a bit of this mint and planted it up at the edge of my new pond. I also have some posh mint elsewhere in the garden. I call it posh mint because my mam gave me it after it was given...
    Well I pinched a bit of this mint and planted it up at the edge of my new pond. I also have some posh mint elsewhere in the garden. I call it posh mint because my mam gave me it after it was given to her by a neighbour whose friend worked in the grounds of one of the queen's gaffs (or so it is...
    Well I pinched a bit of this mint and planted it up at the edge of my new pond. I also have some posh mint elsewhere in the garden. I call it posh mint because my mam gave me it after it was given to her by a neighbour whose friend worked in the...
    Well I pinched a bit of this mint and planted it up at the edge of my new pond. I also have some posh mint elsewhere in the garden. I call it posh mint because my mam gave me it after it was given...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Philip_Clarke

Unidentified fungi and lumps in leaves on Plum Tree

Hi Philip_ClarkeThe bumps on the leaves are caused by leaf-munching insects making a home in the space between the lamina or leaf surfaces. They'll probably lay young in there too, so you may...
    Hi Philip_ClarkeThe bumps on the leaves are caused by leaf-munching insects making a home in the space between the lamina or leaf surfaces. They'll probably lay young in there too, so you may want to prepare for an invasion in the near future. The bugs don't cause any serious damage other than...
    Hi Philip_ClarkeThe bumps on the leaves are caused by leaf-munching insects making a home in the space between the lamina or leaf surfaces. They'll probably lay young in there too, so you may want to prepare for an invasion in the near future....
    Hi Philip_ClarkeThe bumps on the leaves are caused by leaf-munching insects making a home in the space between the lamina or leaf surfaces. They'll probably lay young in there too, so you may...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Earthman

Need help identifying these plants in my garden (Draft Thread)

Sounds like you have some major plans ahead then, hard work but as you say fun at the same time :)
    Sounds like you have some major plans ahead then, hard work but as you say fun at the same time :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sawfish

identify the ground cover plant

Talking of ground cover, I have just removed from one bed a plant that has turned out to be a bit of a thug in that bed - pretty though, both leaf and blue flower.Ceratostigma - now I think it...
    Talking of ground cover, I have just removed from one bed a plant that has turned out to be a bit of a thug in that bed - pretty though, both leaf and blue flower.Ceratostigma - now I think it might be plumbaginoids - but the description is not quite right, low growing forms a clump and...
    Talking of ground cover, I have just removed from one bed a plant that has turned out to be a bit of a thug in that bed - pretty though, both leaf and blue flower.Ceratostigma - now I think it might be plumbaginoids - but the description is...
    Talking of ground cover, I have just removed from one bed a plant that has turned out to be a bit of a thug in that bed - pretty though, both leaf and blue flower.Ceratostigma - now I think it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Chesterfieldgardener
    Like x 4

Rare Tomato seed

That's exactly the same here - plus some fruits on both at various sizes.Fingers crossed at our potential success!
    That's exactly the same here - plus some fruits on both at various sizes.Fingers crossed at our potential success!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CrazyGardeningLady

Blue flowering weed and possible maple

Thanks guys, looks very much like green alkanet and sycamore. (A maple...hahaha)
    Thanks guys, looks very much like green alkanet and sycamore. (A maple...hahaha)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. robgil

a tree with holly type leaves and tiny yellow flowers?

Definitely Berberis Darwinii.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. james swann
    Like x 3

Extremely large catapillar

Heres the type we get in our backgarden,this pics from 2010(which i got I.D on here) but i seen them again last month :)
    Heres the type we get in our backgarden,this pics from 2010(which i got I.D on here) but i seen them again last month :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. HarryS

? Fungus ID and Removal ?

And the next object is "A Monks Flip Flop" "A Monks Flip Flop" Lady Isobel Barnett LIB "Can you eat it" Jack McH
    And the next object is "A Monks Flip Flop" "A Monks Flip Flop" Lady Isobel Barnett LIB "Can you eat it" Jack McH
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. NewbieGreen

Unknown tree (for drunk wasps:))

Well if its honey dew on the willow it will be a sugary solution and I suppose it must be fermenting and that is why the wasps are getting stoned. You had better steer clear when they wakes up......
    Well if its honey dew on the willow it will be a sugary solution and I suppose it must be fermenting and that is why the wasps are getting stoned. You had better steer clear when they wakes up... a wasp with a sore head!!!! I am only a beginner at this bee keeping lark. looking to get my first...
    Well if its honey dew on the willow it will be a sugary solution and I suppose it must be fermenting and that is why the wasps are getting stoned. You had better steer clear when they wakes up... a wasp with a sore head!!!! I am only a beginner...
    Well if its honey dew on the willow it will be a sugary solution and I suppose it must be fermenting and that is why the wasps are getting stoned. You had better steer clear when they wakes up......
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MrsK
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. HYDROGEN86

I.D Please anybody?

What! You're the same! :yess: Welcome, brother :yahoo: :hapfeet:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stony

Unknown house plant help please

:hehe::hehe: Strongy, I note that you chose not to make mention of the not very nice name of your beloved Callistemon.
    :hehe::hehe: Strongy, I note that you chose not to make mention of the not very nice name of your beloved Callistemon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dave W

ID Polish Tree with big pods

Yes Mandy the one of yours on the right looks pretty much the same as mine. It'll be interesting to see what they look like this time next year!
    Yes Mandy the one of yours on the right looks pretty much the same as mine. It'll be interesting to see what they look like this time next year!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snorky85

Jeez....is this what i think it is?

Was wondering how they grew so much pot with so little light but now realize they took out some of the HPS bulbs to take the picture. That is a LOT of pot .... reminds of Saving Grace... :)
    Was wondering how they grew so much pot with so little light but now realize they took out some of the HPS bulbs to take the picture. That is a LOT of pot .... reminds of Saving Grace... :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Phil A
    Like x 5

Native Trees and Shrubs reference

It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others, including some hybrids, and it's not help by locals who...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be the one in your image. And there's others,...
    It appears there's more than one variety of Bullace, inluding Golden (AKA 'White'), that grows hereabouts (although most people have never seen it), and there's also 'Black' Bullace which could be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. YellowLab
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice