Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Nigel62

Solved ID please

Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and advised them to plant it near to the front or back door.However in spite of planting every sp and named...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and advised them to plant it near to the front or back...
    Not all Sarcococca have black berries. Some have red! One of my favourite plants. The scent is fab. Super glossy evergreen leaves, compact growing. I have given many as gifts to friends and...
    1.jpg SARCOCOCCA  HOOKERIANA 27-01-2007 12-12-38.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sian in Belgium

Solved A pretty cream-coloured autumn daisy-like flower? - solved!

That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current...
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current location, and introduce a little late colour elsewhere. Nowt to lose by trying?
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current location, and introduce a little late colour...
    That looks about right. The flowering period and growth description are both underestimates though! I wonder if I can lift clumps when it has gone dormant, to reduce its expanse in its current...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. karaman

Solved What does this to my plant leaves? its driving me nuts, i cant catch critter!

thank you both for reply, will buy neem oil a.s.a.p. ; thanks for the tip, much appreciated- karaman
    thank you both for reply, will buy neem oil a.s.a.p. ; thanks for the tip, much appreciated- karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sheal

Solved What is this please?

Thank you all! :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Fof

Solved Grevillea ID (if poss) please

When I lived in Aus., I had several Grevilleas in my garden. Loved their colours and long flowering season. G. 'Strawberry Sundae'G. rhyoliticaG. 'Superb' (my favourite. It flowered all...
    When I lived in Aus., I had several Grevilleas in my garden. Loved their colours and long flowering season. G. 'Strawberry Sundae'G. rhyoliticaG. 'Superb' (my favourite. It flowered all year) G. 'Winpara Gold' One thing I noticed was that everytime I visited a Garden Centre, there...
    When I lived in Aus., I had several Grevilleas in my garden. Loved their colours and long flowering season. G. 'Strawberry Sundae'G. rhyoliticaG. 'Superb' (my favourite. It flowered all year) G. 'Winpara Gold' One thing I noticed was...
    When I lived in Aus., I had several Grevilleas in my garden. Loved their colours and long flowering season. G. 'Strawberry Sundae'G. rhyoliticaG. 'Superb' (my favourite. It flowered all...
    Grevillea spp D  01 - small.jpg Grevillea spp D  02 - small.jpg Grevillea spp D  03 - small.jpg Grevillea cv 'Strawberry Sundae'  01 - small.jpg Grevillea rhyolitica (deua flame)  01 - small.jpg Grevillea 'Superb' 01 - small.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fof

Solved Any ideas as to ID of this Dendrobium?

The Snr Horticulturalist at Eden has ID'd it as Coelogyne magna (syn.Dendrochilum magnum). Thanks for the i/p guys.
    The Snr Horticulturalist at Eden has ID'd it as Coelogyne magna (syn.Dendrochilum magnum). Thanks for the i/p guys.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Clare G

Solved Succulent ID please

It is classed a a non native invasive plant and grows rampant along the South coast. I was told to remove it if I saw it anywhere on rockeries in Weymouth parks when I worked there.
    It is classed a a non native invasive plant and grows rampant along the South coast. I was told to remove it if I saw it anywhere on rockeries in Weymouth parks when I worked there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. vbgr

Solved Lovely spider

That’s a good laugh. V
    That’s a good laugh. V
    That’s a good laugh. V
    That’s a good laugh. V
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Fof

Solved Blue perennial Lobelia

Looks like a salvia to me
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Fof

Solved Lichen and mosses IDs, if poss., please

Thanks, Janet I stuffed up. They aren't lichen, but liverworts growing with mosses. No idea where my head was when I tagged them as lichen.:oops: I'll just have to plead old age and insanity, I guess. :old::old:
    Thanks, Janet I stuffed up. They aren't lichen, but liverworts growing with mosses. No idea where my head was when I tagged them as lichen.:oops: I'll just have to plead old age and insanity, I guess. :old::old:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Novice stevo

Solved Pesty weed

That one has taken over in my garden, I think I brought it in in pots of plants that had hung around in a garden centre for too long.
    That one has taken over in my garden, I think I brought it in in pots of plants that had hung around in a garden centre for too long.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Selleri

Solved Flowering shrub id please

I think what is often the case with double flowers, some of what would have been the fertile parts, stigmas and stamens or whatever, actually mutate into the extra petals that make the flower a...
    I think what is often the case with double flowers, some of what would have been the fertile parts, stigmas and stamens or whatever, actually mutate into the extra petals that make the flower a double.
    I think what is often the case with double flowers, some of what would have been the fertile parts, stigmas and stamens or whatever, actually mutate into the extra petals that make the flower a double.
    I think what is often the case with double flowers, some of what would have been the fertile parts, stigmas and stamens or whatever, actually mutate into the extra petals that make the flower a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jiffy

Solved Id please

Thank you Victoria i will have to see if i can now grow one of the hazenuts :yahoo:
    Thank you Victoria i will have to see if i can now grow one of the hazenuts :yahoo:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Drahcir

Solved What're these yellow flowers (in National Tyres' car park)?

As in above answer, it's Common Toadflax - Botanical name Linaria vulgaris
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. AL-1

Solved What are these?

and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    PXL_20230826_070641692.jpg PXL_20230826_070655438.jpg PXL_20230826_070759805.jpg Welcome Italics.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jack Snakes

Solved Never seen this before...

Your welcome @Jack Snakes :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Michael Hewett

Solved What is this called ?

Thank you both, now that you've mentioned it's name I remember it I'm going to make a new label ...
    Thank you both, now that you've mentioned it's name I remember it I'm going to make a new label ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Forestwalker

Solved Would love to know what this beauty is.

Thank you very much - have a wonderful day noisette!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. c3k

Solved Lumpy apple leaves - disease ID please

It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it...
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it starts. Wouldn't like to say what the insect is, I've never nailed it down. Possibly some kind of blister mite.
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it starts. Wouldn't like to say what the insect is, I've never...
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. c3k

Solved These are meant to be arabis

So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on longer stems rather than floating on top of the foliage like my last arabis. If they survive the winter...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on longer stems rather than floating on top of the...
    So they flowered..a little.. and sure enough I could recognise the flowers as arabis but as was said above, this is definitely a different variety from my last.. big leaves and the flowers on...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice