Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Drahcir

Solved What're these yellow flowers (in National Tyres' car park)?

As in above answer, it's Common Toadflax - Botanical name Linaria vulgaris
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. AL-1

Solved What are these?

and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    and hope you'll stay.
    PXL_20230826_070641692.jpg PXL_20230826_070655438.jpg PXL_20230826_070759805.jpg Welcome Italics.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jack Snakes

Solved Never seen this before...

Your welcome @Jack Snakes :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Forestwalker

Solved Would love to know what this beauty is.

Thank you very much - have a wonderful day noisette!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Michael Hewett

Solved What is this called ?

Thank you both, now that you've mentioned it's name I remember it I'm going to make a new label ...
    Thank you both, now that you've mentioned it's name I remember it I'm going to make a new label ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. c3k

Solved Lumpy apple leaves - disease ID please

It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it...
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it starts. Wouldn't like to say what the insect is, I've never nailed it down. Possibly some kind of blister mite.
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it starts. Wouldn't like to say what the insect is, I've never...
    It's very similar to a problem I have had with grapes, not saying it's exactly the same, but similar.I think it may be insect attack earlier in the season and needs treatment when it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. roders
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Fof

Solved Fungus ID?

John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as to be silly. Generally, I never even bother with...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CarolineL

Solved Aeoniums?? But which?

It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nigel62

ID please

It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum...
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum Japanese Privet Hedging Shrubs
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum Japanese Privet Hedging Shrubs
    It does look like Privet. The habit seems to be ok for hard pruning, perhaps you could take some cuttings now in case things go wrong?Here's something similar Ligustrum Japonicum Texanum...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Shaneoak

What are these …

Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Thanks I’ll have a look
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Novice stevo

Solved Pesty weed

That one has taken over in my garden, I think I brought it in in pots of plants that had hung around in a garden centre for too long.
    That one has taken over in my garden, I think I brought it in in pots of plants that had hung around in a garden centre for too long.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Scudo

Solved Help Identify fruit

Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Will Hay

Help with these plants!?

Re Persicaria affinis - It isn't invasive in my garden, it just stays where I planted it, forming a little mat. However, I suppose in some situations it may become invasive.
    Re Persicaria affinis - It isn't invasive in my garden, it just stays where I planted it, forming a little mat. However, I suppose in some situations it may become invasive.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. groundbeetle

Identify this Fern?

Pot it up on its own and see what develops- bit of fun whatever it is :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Possible fruit shrub?

Ah, so it is not something I should be preserving then. That makes life easier actually as I can get rid of it, and go to town with the brush cutter
    Ah, so it is not something I should be preserving then. That makes life easier actually as I can get rid of it, and go to town with the brush cutter
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Lisamyoung06

Can anyone help with my tree issue?

Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to remain alive! Theoretically, you could simply saw...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is now throwing out sideshoots in a desperate bid to...
    Did your tree have pussy willow flowers? Agree with @pete (again!), potentially the Kilmarnock , which is generally grafted as described by @Silver surfer ,onto a white willow rootstock, which is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Solved Volunteer tree ID please

But the squirrel would get (all) your nuts !
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Zeppa

Solved Plant ID - blue and white flower

Nicandra physalodes (shoo-fly plant) pics
    IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3981.jpg NICANDRA PHYSALODES  SHOO  FLY 22-07-2021 15-14-31.JPG NICANDRA   PHYSALODES 27-Aug-17 3-24-41 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-59-55 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-54-18 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Shaneoak

What are these?

hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    hi guys. i will re do the thread with closer zoom on phone and separate the posts. cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice