1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. foob

Mystery tree?

Thank you, Pete. Frassino is not a fruit tree but I just posted it to be extra sure that the mistery leaf was not a frassino.
    Thank you, Pete. Frassino is not a fruit tree but I just posted it to be extra sure that the mistery leaf was not a frassino.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. MJ

Identify & Prune Tree

Thanks thats brilliant. Will let you know how I get on!Cheers MJ
    MJ, Feb 6, 2006 ... 2 3
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Jack Sparrow

Crocosmia?

I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you wanted to grow a showy penstemon of similar colour to Lucifer then something like King George. This...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you wanted to grow a showy penstemon of similar colour to...
    I grow Garnet as it is about the hardiest Penstemon you can grow which is important from the point of view of where I live (in Scotland) It's not nearly as showy as Lucifer or as tall. If you...
    image.jpeg 024.JPG image.jpeg image.jpeg GladBy280.jpg penstemon-king-george.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Shelby

Unknown Plant (Need Help)

But, I bet a pound to a pinch of s**t I`m right. I`ve been in this game to long to be wrong.:D
    But, I bet a pound to a pinch of s**t I`m right. I`ve been in this game to long to be wrong.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. EnglishmanCFC

Plant/weed ID

Sorry if it seems like teaching gradma how to suck eggs!The most common types seem to be yellow sorrel with dark brown/blackish leaves and yellow flowers or wood sorrel with green leaves and...
    Sorry if it seems like teaching gradma how to suck eggs!The most common types seem to be yellow sorrel with dark brown/blackish leaves and yellow flowers or wood sorrel with green leaves and yellow flowers. There's debate over whether they are the same species or subspecies of one another....
    Sorry if it seems like teaching gradma how to suck eggs!The most common types seem to be yellow sorrel with dark brown/blackish leaves and yellow flowers or wood sorrel with green leaves and yellow flowers. There's debate over whether they are...
    Sorry if it seems like teaching gradma how to suck eggs!The most common types seem to be yellow sorrel with dark brown/blackish leaves and yellow flowers or wood sorrel with green leaves and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Triffid

Flat leaf thingy

well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis Chalcedonica Pyrethrum Robinson Mixed Verbascum Phoeniceum The mix will vary from time to time depending on...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis Chalcedonica Pyrethrum Robinson Mixed Verbascum Phoeniceum The...
    well waddayaknow Unwins replied with the mix: Achillea Cerise Queen Agastache Foeniculum Catananche Blue Centranthus Red Delphinium Pacific Giant Mix Lupin Russell Mixed Lychnis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. chitting kaz

ask a friend

Monkshood. Don't eat it.
    Monkshood. Don't eat it.
    Monkshood. Don't eat it.
    Monkshood. Don't eat it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. kaths101

Can you tell me what this tree is? and is it safe

Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing vibration and smell, so even if I did try and make them jump through hoops, I dont think they would...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing vibration and smell, so even if I did try and make...
    Hi Shobhna 0) I stroke mine ( for the attention of ziggy and others, yes I am referring to my snakes :wink: ) Snakes don't have very good hearing or eyesight for that matter and rely on sensing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. PinkFinger

What is this plant called??

I bought my mother in law a chair for christmas.:) But do you think she`ll let me plug it in?:mad::D
    I bought my mother in law a chair for christmas.:) But do you think she`ll let me plug it in?:mad::D
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. r2oo

Would like to know what this is.....

Kandy, I like those white ones! Here's someinteresting info I found on the BBC Plantfinder: Schizostylis coccinea 'Jennifer' Common Name: Schizostylis Genus: Schizostylis Species:...
    Kandy, I like those white ones! Here's someinteresting info I found on the BBC Plantfinder: Schizostylis coccinea 'Jennifer' Common Name: Schizostylis Genus: Schizostylis Species: Coccinea Cultivar: 'Jennifer' Skill Level: Experienced Exposure: Full sun, Partial shade Hardiness: Half...
    Kandy, I like those white ones! Here's someinteresting info I found on the BBC Plantfinder: Schizostylis coccinea 'Jennifer' Common Name: Schizostylis Genus: Schizostylis Species: Coccinea Cultivar: 'Jennifer' Skill Level:...
    Kandy, I like those white ones! Here's someinteresting info I found on the BBC Plantfinder: Schizostylis coccinea 'Jennifer' Common Name: Schizostylis Genus: Schizostylis Species:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lindy

Trying to iIdentify a houseplant

By the way, the seeds are very small and dark brown, around 2mm in diameter and I think they were round. They grew around the top of the stem and - now I think about it there could have been...
    By the way, the seeds are very small and dark brown, around 2mm in diameter and I think they were round. They grew around the top of the stem and - now I think about it there could have been flowers at the top (not what I'd class as flowers though - I dont' know a lot about plants !)at the top,...
    By the way, the seeds are very small and dark brown, around 2mm in diameter and I think they were round. They grew around the top of the stem and - now I think about it there could have been flowers at the top (not what I'd class as flowers...
    By the way, the seeds are very small and dark brown, around 2mm in diameter and I think they were round. They grew around the top of the stem and - now I think about it there could have been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Upsydaisy

Flower or weed please.

I label everything, honestly, just that the labels get pinched by the blackbirds, magpies etc. I do have quite a few labels with question marks, or bulb?, crocus? etc.
    I label everything, honestly, just that the labels get pinched by the blackbirds, magpies etc. I do have quite a few labels with question marks, or bulb?, crocus? etc.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Woodside1316

Solved Is this Japanese Knotweed?

He he! ..not me..my other half...on his own. It was 10 years ago...too old to do it now. But try to stay fit and active.When we bought the place in South Wales it had a small wood..Alder...
    He he! ..not me..my other half...on his own. It was 10 years ago...too old to do it now. But try to stay fit and active.When we bought the place in South Wales it had a small wood..Alder trees. We were young, naive and stupid. Didn't realise trees grew. DUH! From young saplings and masses of...
    He he! ..not me..my other half...on his own. It was 10 years ago...too old to do it now. But try to stay fit and active.When we bought the place in South Wales it had a small wood..Alder trees. We were young, naive and stupid. Didn't realise...
    He he! ..not me..my other half...on his own. It was 10 years ago...too old to do it now. But try to stay fit and active.When we bought the place in South Wales it had a small wood..Alder...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sonya

I'D these eggs please

They'd probably nick your shiny ornaments :heehee: only getting magpies at the moment :sad:
    They'd probably nick your shiny ornaments :heehee: only getting magpies at the moment :sad:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lorna

I'm sure I should know what this is

:lollol::lollol::lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bluevest

What Is This ???????

I would have said cosmos, as it looks just like some in my garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Arty Bee

Tall plant with small yellow flowers

Unlike any oenothera I’ve known or grown ! :noidea:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Irmemac
    Like x 3

Evergreen shrub with Small White Flowers

Well no harm in asking if your interested in either one :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. "M"
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lbh

lush foliage

F.perscandens was bought in growth from Burncoose. Not cheap, but it was a good sized and mature plant, not a first year cutting. An online contact in New Zealand sent me the seeds for...
    F.perscandens was bought in growth from Burncoose. Not cheap, but it was a good sized and mature plant, not a first year cutting. An online contact in New Zealand sent me the seeds for F.procumbens. I can have a look to see if I still have the seeds for the variegated form if you want. ...
    F.perscandens was bought in growth from Burncoose. Not cheap, but it was a good sized and mature plant, not a first year cutting. An online contact in New Zealand sent me the seeds for F.procumbens. I can have a look to see if I still have the...
    F.perscandens was bought in growth from Burncoose. Not cheap, but it was a good sized and mature plant, not a first year cutting. An online contact in New Zealand sent me the seeds for...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice