1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. jpjeffery

Woss This?

Couch potato is a fair description,
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. 2nd_bassoon

Worth keeping?

Dug one up today - looks pretty thick and white to me! (No sniggers please :snorky:)
    Dug one up today - looks pretty thick and white to me! (No sniggers please :snorky:)
    2017-10-22 15.11.58.jpg 2017-10-28 17.18.13.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sheal

Woodland plant

Well he certainly doesn't look like his dad, not in that picture anyway! :snork:
    Well he certainly doesn't look like his dad, not in that picture anyway! :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sheal

Wood

Thanks everyone. :dbgrtmb: It looks like light or white Oak is the favourite at the moment but I think Pete's suggestion of Walnut is a possibility too.
    Thanks everyone. :dbgrtmb: It looks like light or white Oak is the favourite at the moment but I think Pete's suggestion of Walnut is a possibility too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Triffid

Wondering what this is and what to do with it?

Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up &...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up & split them off into smaller plants & plant elsewhere in your garden for next year.. You will need to...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up & split them off into smaller plants & plant elsewhere...
    Hi Triffid, they look like Primroses to me.. Yes they are dying back now but they are a perennial so will be back next year.. They do look a rather cramped clump.. I would defo dig them up &...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. James Clegg

Wisteria ID and flowering times

Thanks everyone. There is a bit of growth starting low down on one of the main stems so I'm going to encourage that to twine and head up into the canopy with the other branches.
    Thanks everyone. There is a bit of growth starting low down on one of the main stems so I'm going to encourage that to twine and head up into the canopy with the other branches.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ThePlantAssassin

Solved Wisteria

And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist height, to give the young plant something to hang onto, and then 2 foot intervals from there. At the end...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist height, to give the young plant something to hang...
    And just a PS. Mine definitely did very little the first couple of years. I trained it up the (south facing) back wall of our house. I started with one short length of straining wire at waist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. MAJ

Solved Wispy weed...?

Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Thanks @Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. samsoph

Wish my memory was better!i need another id please

Thank you all very much for your input. I'm just waiting patiently now to see if it will flower this year Much appreciated Gill
    Thank you all very much for your input. I'm just waiting patiently now to see if it will flower this year Much appreciated Gill
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Loofah

Wish I could remember...

Nah, I ordered the 200 summer flowering bulbs for £35 off the website - original delivery date was stated as being by the end of Jan, but I suppose they will be struggling to get stuff packed and...
    Nah, I ordered the 200 summer flowering bulbs for £35 off the website - original delivery date was stated as being by the end of Jan, but I suppose they will be struggling to get stuff packed and sent whilst they are wearing wet-suits and flippers :heehee:
    Nah, I ordered the 200 summer flowering bulbs for £35 off the website - original delivery date was stated as being by the end of Jan, but I suppose they will be struggling to get stuff packed and sent whilst they are wearing wet-suits and flippers :heehee:
    Nah, I ordered the 200 summer flowering bulbs for £35 off the website - original delivery date was stated as being by the end of Jan, but I suppose they will be struggling to get stuff packed and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Wannabe

Solved Winter flowering climber

Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe Minimum temp...(-20C/(-4F) to -15C)
    Sorry Lori, but you miss my point earlier. Non of the above Loniceras are climbers. They are all just shrubs.Lonicera fragrantissima is pretty hardy H6: hardy in all of UK and northern Europe ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. mazambo

Solved Willow or blueberry?

Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Sadly....Weedy willow!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nFrost

Willow ID please

Thanks Silver surfer, much appreciated. This should help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. SimonZ

Wildflower, Hardcastle Crags

@SimonZ looks like Cow parsley Anthriscus sylvestris flowers from spring onwards and yes the insects do love it..
    @SimonZ looks like Cow parsley Anthriscus sylvestris flowers from spring onwards and yes the insects do love it..
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. urbash55

Wildflower seeds have grown, but what are they...

Thanks. I’ve just googled blue chicory and phacelia and they look right. Not sure about the hedge mustard though. It doesn’t look the same in the Google images.
    Thanks. I’ve just googled blue chicory and phacelia and they look right. Not sure about the hedge mustard though. It doesn’t look the same in the Google images.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria

Wildflower or not .... ?

Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is daisy like. I found my Med wildflower book (lost in a jumble as building works are being done) and...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is daisy like. I found my Med wildflower book (lost...
    Hi Silver surfer, sorry I missed this posting yesterday evening. I agree it is definitely not a Euryops of any description as I have had several varieties over the years and, as you say, it is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gerkin50

wildflower id please

yes that looks like the chappy,cheers
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Fat Controller

Wildflower ID please

Good luck with it - be nice to see a photo of it once you get it established. :)
    Good luck with it - be nice to see a photo of it once you get it established. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Victoria

Wildflower ID

I know I do, Peter.In all fairness, Poinsettias don't grow wild here ... but Oleanders do. :rolleyes:
    I know I do, Peter.In all fairness, Poinsettias don't grow wild here ... but Oleanders do. :rolleyes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. SimonZ

wildflower id

seen on the moors above east Lancs today
    DSCF5306.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice