Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. roders
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. CarolineL

Solved Aeoniums?? But which?

It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    It is the same plant, its just branched off and dropped down, but both on the same root. I'm not referring to the green ones or the black ones just the variegated one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fof

Solved Fungus ID?

John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as to be silly. Generally, I never even bother with...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on, even to species level, or so far off the mark, as...
    John I am mainly interested in vascular plants, but I'll often try and ID an interesting fungus I come across. I've tried Google lens with flowering plants and trees, and found it can be bang on,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. 43576

Solved What is this?

Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Geranium carolinianum
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scudo

Solved Help Identify fruit

Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Believe that they should be left on the tree until they fall, certainly till after first significant frost. Problem in the old orchard is badgers get to them on the ground first!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fat Controller

Solved Volunteer tree ID please

But the squirrel would get (all) your nuts !
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Zeppa

Solved Plant ID - blue and white flower

Nicandra physalodes (shoo-fly plant) pics
    IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3981.jpg NICANDRA PHYSALODES  SHOO  FLY 22-07-2021 15-14-31.JPG NICANDRA   PHYSALODES 27-Aug-17 3-24-41 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-59-55 PM.JPG NICANDRA  PHYSALODES 17-Aug-17 1-54-18 PM.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bear1

Solved Not sure what this is , prob something obvious lol

I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few on , not holding my breath that they will be good lol
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds eat whats left after I pick them I have grown a few...
    I have a few hazels in a hedge already I am hoping this hazelnut came from a fancy varity of hazel and I can expect bumper crops :) I get blackcurrent seedlings all over the place after the birds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. tricky4511

Solved what is this?

That's great thank you for your helpQuick question can i plant a Lonicera Caerulea Morena Honeyberry and have it pollinated.
    That's great thank you for your helpQuick question can i plant a Lonicera Caerulea Morena Honeyberry and have it pollinated.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

Solved What is this called ...

.....and Dyers !!!:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller

Solved A couple of ID's please

Very pretty indeed - my mum obtained both plants together for a couple of quid, so they are a real bargain!
    Very pretty indeed - my mum obtained both plants together for a couple of quid, so they are a real bargain!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Howard Stone

Solved Variegated small tree thriving in London

Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they...
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they are not the same plant otherwise a nursery wouldn't stock it separately.
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they are not the same plant otherwise a nursery wouldn't...
    Castanea sativa 'Albomarginata' Castanea sativa 'Variegata'Just looking at the descriptions of both on the same nursery site, the main thing I notice is the eventual size stated, I assume they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sheal

Solved An American id please

Thank you @wiseowl and :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Drahcir

Solved Weeed!

I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny side of my onions.If I leave it, it seems I will struggle to pull it up! Still, I've got a chainsaw...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny side of my onions.If I leave it, it seems I will...
    I nearly pulled it up when I first saw it.A neighbouring allotment lady wondered if it were Good King Henry so it seems she was not far off.I nearly pulled it up today 'cos it's on the sunny...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. louisxiv

Solved ID Please?

Transplant to a new position and grow on. Then you may see , its not too late. Alternately, cut them and add to a sandwich, well tasty!
    Transplant to a new position and grow on. Then you may see , its not too late. Alternately, cut them and add to a sandwich, well tasty!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Clare G

Solved Mystery climber - possibly an edible?

Agreed, nothing beats looking at a nice mature plant in your garden knowing that you've grown it yourself from a cutting. Always a satisfying sort of achievement :yes:
    Agreed, nothing beats looking at a nice mature plant in your garden knowing that you've grown it yourself from a cutting. Always a satisfying sort of achievement :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Peter Dooley

Solved ID this small tree for me please?

Looks like Birch to me. Dont do any cutting back till late summer, they can bleed badly when the sap is rising.I could get big eventually and looks to be close to that wall.
    Looks like Birch to me. Dont do any cutting back till late summer, they can bleed badly when the sap is rising.I could get big eventually and looks to be close to that wall.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. James Sheffield

Solved Thin Bamboo Plant

Are you advertising?Pic is taken from www.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. wiseowl

Solved ID Please

When I grew it I remember a note on the seed packet saying it was an annual and no roots remain to grow the following year, I guess that was to stop people being put off by the name Convolvulus,...
    When I grew it I remember a note on the seed packet saying it was an annual and no roots remain to grow the following year, I guess that was to stop people being put off by the name Convolvulus, (bindweed), now I see it is classed as perennial but it wasn't with me.
    When I grew it I remember a note on the seed packet saying it was an annual and no roots remain to grow the following year, I guess that was to stop people being put off by the name Convolvulus, (bindweed), now I see it is classed as perennial...
    When I grew it I remember a note on the seed packet saying it was an annual and no roots remain to grow the following year, I guess that was to stop people being put off by the name Convolvulus,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. CanadianLori
    Like x 3

Solved I hope it's not a weed as it is pretty, anyone recognize it please?!

What is funny is that I had gotten out my empty seed packets to see what blue flowers I had tried to grow and been unsuccessful with and the delphinium packet shows pink flowers. I actually prefer...
    What is funny is that I had gotten out my empty seed packets to see what blue flowers I had tried to grow and been unsuccessful with and the delphinium packet shows pink flowers. I actually prefer this blue one. What a nice surprise! :)
    What is funny is that I had gotten out my empty seed packets to see what blue flowers I had tried to grow and been unsuccessful with and the delphinium packet shows pink flowers. I actually prefer this blue one. What a nice surprise! :)
    What is funny is that I had gotten out my empty seed packets to see what blue flowers I had tried to grow and been unsuccessful with and the delphinium packet shows pink flowers. I actually prefer...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice