1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Fat Controller

Solved Grassy thing ID please

I call it Marsh grass
    I call it Marsh grass
    I call it Marsh grass
    I call it Marsh grass
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sheal

Solved What have I got please?

Thanks Silu and KFF, it seems you're both right. :) I've just found this.....Northern Marsh Orchid - Western Isles Wildflowers - Daisies - Flowers of The Hebrides
    Thanks Silu and KFF, it seems you're both right. :) I've just found this.....Northern Marsh Orchid - Western Isles Wildflowers - Daisies - Flowers of The Hebrides
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Arty Bee

Solved Small plant with delicate flowers

Thanks. I have a spot in a planter that is in the shade of my lovage that I think would do it ideally. Out of the sun and well drained. Cheers!
    Thanks. I have a spot in a planter that is in the shade of my lovage that I think would do it ideally. Out of the sun and well drained. Cheers!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. stony

Solved I would like an identification please

I think that you have hit the nail on it's head. We do have some Japanese Anemone's, now in pots but I think that I may have plonked that one in on a temporary basis and forgotten about it. I...
    I think that you have hit the nail on it's head. We do have some Japanese Anemone's, now in pots but I think that I may have plonked that one in on a temporary basis and forgotten about it. I will have to dig it up and get it into a pot. I do not want a complete bed of them.Thanks for that.
    I think that you have hit the nail on it's head. We do have some Japanese Anemone's, now in pots but I think that I may have plonked that one in on a temporary basis and forgotten about it. I will have to dig it up and get it into a pot. I do...
    I think that you have hit the nail on it's head. We do have some Japanese Anemone's, now in pots but I think that I may have plonked that one in on a temporary basis and forgotten about it. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Whippet
    Like x 3

Solved Astilbe?

Astilbes have some of the best spring foliage.....from copper to burnished red in many cases.....and are worth growing simply for that. Then the flowers, from thin spires to gradually thick...
    Astilbes have some of the best spring foliage.....from copper to burnished red in many cases.....and are worth growing simply for that. Then the flowers, from thin spires to gradually thick feathery plumes so a long season of beauty. Never attacked by pest or disease either and gradually...
    Astilbes have some of the best spring foliage.....from copper to burnished red in many cases.....and are worth growing simply for that. Then the flowers, from thin spires to gradually thick feathery plumes so a long season of beauty. Never...
    Astilbes have some of the best spring foliage.....from copper to burnished red in many cases.....and are worth growing simply for that. Then the flowers, from thin spires to gradually thick...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. luciusmaximus

Solved Found new plant

One of my wild patches. All this has been done by nature, I didn't have a hand in any of it. It seems to be doing ok without me :snorky:
    One of my wild patches. All this has been done by nature, I didn't have a hand in any of it. It seems to be doing ok without me :snorky:
    IMG_20180621_1342351_rewind.jpg IMG_20180617_1226293_rewind.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Fat Controller

Solved Is this Hogweed?

Thank you Father Pete :love30::love30::love30:That would be an eccumenical matter :coffee:
    Thank you Father Pete :love30::love30::love30:That would be an eccumenical matter :coffee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. silu

Solved Sure I have asked what this is before but forgotten again!

Never made a big clump here, but it does spread from seed very easily.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. clanless

Solved Are there herbaceous?

Yep, you can clanless :) Nature will do the work for you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. CarolineL

Solved Which Iris is this please?

Hi @Marley Farley it's definitely closer to a species iris than one of the dutch ones like Miss Saigon. (And Miss Saigon has a prettier colour!) It's also very tall - more than twice the height of...
    Hi @Marley Farley it's definitely closer to a species iris than one of the dutch ones like Miss Saigon. (And Miss Saigon has a prettier colour!) It's also very tall - more than twice the height of a dutch iris, though the growth form is similar... I think it was from AGS seed, so it surprised me...
    Hi @Marley Farley it's definitely closer to a species iris than one of the dutch ones like Miss Saigon. (And Miss Saigon has a prettier colour!) It's also very tall - more than twice the height of a dutch iris, though the growth form is...
    Hi @Marley Farley it's definitely closer to a species iris than one of the dutch ones like Miss Saigon. (And Miss Saigon has a prettier colour!) It's also very tall - more than twice the height of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Gem

Solved What is this enormous plant?

Pleased! It is a beautiful structural plant. It is in an area with quite a lot of different ornamental grasses, plus an ornamental thistle. None of which I have identified yet...
    Pleased! It is a beautiful structural plant. It is in an area with quite a lot of different ornamental grasses, plus an ornamental thistle. None of which I have identified yet...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. KFF

Solved Medicago ? ? ?

I found this bit of info about it @KFF plus a link on the plant till other members more knowledgeable on the plant answer also for you :)Alfalfa /ælˈfælfə/, Medicago sativa also called lucerne, is...
    I found this bit of info about it @KFF plus a link on the plant till other members more knowledgeable on the plant answer also for you :)Alfalfa /ælˈfælfə/, Medicago sativa also called lucerne, is a perennial flowering plant in the pea family Fabaceae cultivated as an important forage crop in...
    I found this bit of info about it @KFF plus a link on the plant till other members more knowledgeable on the plant answer also for you :)Alfalfa /ælˈfælfə/, Medicago sativa also called lucerne, is a perennial flowering plant in the pea family...
    I found this bit of info about it @KFF plus a link on the plant till other members more knowledgeable on the plant answer also for you :)Alfalfa /ælˈfælfə/, Medicago sativa also called lucerne, is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Arty Bee

Solved Small bush with orchid like flower

Hi @Berberis Artista yes, as @KFF says it is the golden catalpa by the colour of the leaves (catalpa bignonoides aurea I think). Flowering early - mine is nowhere near yet!
    Hi @Berberis Artista yes, as @KFF says it is the golden catalpa by the colour of the leaves (catalpa bignonoides aurea I think). Flowering early - mine is nowhere near yet!
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nigel62

Solved Marguerite ?

They do look a lovely and colourful mixture :love30:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Aimo

Solved Mystery plant, can anyone help please?!

Hi @Aimo I would suggest putting it in a slighter bigger pot so it's centre is in the middle or if you put it in the ground support it with a plant state to help the stem to develop properly :)
    Hi @Aimo I would suggest putting it in a slighter bigger pot so it's centre is in the middle or if you put it in the ground support it with a plant state to help the stem to develop properly :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. miner2049er

Solved Four flowers for you to ID

Excellent.Thank you.
    Excellent.Thank you.
    Excellent.Thank you.
    Excellent.Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stony

Solved Identification needed please.

Stony I think it looks lovely and nice colour...I bet you could train it in to shape :thumbsup:
    Stony I think it looks lovely and nice colour...I bet you could train it in to shape :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. JWK
    Like x 7

Solved Very old Tree ID please

Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the park was done in 1920 as you'll see from these...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had two very large ones and they was astounding as the...
    Your right with your comment as there's a park where I was born done in different section and there's a flower garden in there...where people took wedding photo's / peace and reading and they had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fumanchu

Solved What is this shrub please?

That sounds right, I think I remember getting one and then it vanished. It must have resurrected itself. TY!
    That sounds right, I think I remember getting one and then it vanished. It must have resurrected itself. TY!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. kriss

Solved An easy one!

Yep, I've got one too. I asked on here last year just after I joined as there was one locally, and it was so beautiful I wanted one too. The one nearby is about five feet tall.
    Yep, I've got one too. I asked on here last year just after I joined as there was one locally, and it was so beautiful I wanted one too. The one nearby is about five feet tall.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice