1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Gazania

seed pod ID please.

Well Marley Farley, that puts that one to bed :blue thumb: gazania
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Cara
    Like x 3

Please I am a novice

Nice one though - won't forget that in a hurry. Won't we impress folk when we say "oh yes,that's Clarkia Concinna don't you know....." See, that's where we score points on GC:thumbsup:
    Nice one though - won't forget that in a hurry. Won't we impress folk when we say "oh yes,that's Clarkia Concinna don't you know....." See, that's where we score points on GC:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rogern

Shrub Identification

Your most welcome, thanks for the chance at id-ing, not my strong suit and it gives me a chance to practice.
    Your most welcome, thanks for the chance at id-ing, not my strong suit and it gives me a chance to practice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. shiney

Tree I.D. Please

Cercis is pretty common around here, I think it's reliably hardy, as for albizzia it needs a warm summer, likewise Lagerstroemia which is mentioned.
    Cercis is pretty common around here, I think it's reliably hardy, as for albizzia it needs a warm summer, likewise Lagerstroemia which is mentioned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Snorky85

Is this crocosmia?

Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that I've seen the roots.
    Whoops! I've only just got back to this thread :doh:.As I said, right at the beginning, it appears to look like Iris (from the look of those in our garden) and I think it looks more like it now that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. MrsK
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. joolz68

Which salvia? plus another to I.D. please

joolz68 - I've just put some pics of mine up here.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. newtoitall

Is this the mother of all weeds?

We're stuffed if it turns out to be a Sow Thistle now:doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. lollipop

Any ideas?

It's got those downward pointing bristles as well. Seems to fit the description too. Oh well, so the agastache probably did not germinate..........................I'm gonna keep it for now,...
    It's got those downward pointing bristles as well. Seems to fit the description too. Oh well, so the agastache probably did not germinate..........................I'm gonna keep it for now, they aren't ugly plants, and I suppose the bees will like them too.
    It's got those downward pointing bristles as well. Seems to fit the description too. Oh well, so the agastache probably did not germinate..........................I'm gonna keep it for now, they aren't ugly plants, and I suppose the bees will...
    It's got those downward pointing bristles as well. Seems to fit the description too. Oh well, so the agastache probably did not germinate..........................I'm gonna keep it for now,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sunshine P

Unknown Plant

hang on wait till i get back on my chair just fell off it with laughing, so will you tell me and Rosa will there be any NUTS on me plant :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek:
    hang on wait till i get back on my chair just fell off it with laughing, so will you tell me and Rosa will there be any NUTS on me plant :eek: :eek: :D :D :eek:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Paladin

ID.

elaine you can buy arnica seeds or plants anywhere that supplys wildflower seeds ..suffolk herbs sell them so does jekka mcvicar..just as a note of caution to anyone that reads this the ragwort...
    elaine you can buy arnica seeds or plants anywhere that supplys wildflower seeds ..suffolk herbs sell them so does jekka mcvicar..just as a note of caution to anyone that reads this the ragwort looks a lot like st johns wort so if you intend to use st johns wort make sure you either buy the...
    elaine you can buy arnica seeds or plants anywhere that supplys wildflower seeds ..suffolk herbs sell them so does jekka mcvicar..just as a note of caution to anyone that reads this the ragwort looks a lot like st johns wort so if you intend to...
    elaine you can buy arnica seeds or plants anywhere that supplys wildflower seeds ..suffolk herbs sell them so does jekka mcvicar..just as a note of caution to anyone that reads this the ragwort...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dave_In_His_Garden

Identification please

What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or...
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or something of that sort).
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or something of that sort).
    What was the anme of that little bloke that saved trees, was it Swampy? Maybe your trees need him!!I hate it when trees get destroyed for no good reason - (different if they're a danger, or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nigel62

Plant or weed

:)Thanks @Angie Jones (nut) It’s very happy here.I thought that the image in this query looked a lot like my Actea
    :)Thanks @Angie Jones (nut) It’s very happy here.I thought that the image in this query looked a lot like my Actea
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Ricky187

Solved Reckon these are weeds?

Ricky187,I am so very sorry to hi jack your thread..so very rude of me. Apologies.
    Ricky187,I am so very sorry to hi jack your thread..so very rude of me. Apologies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Damianevans

weed in lawn

Not sure the stems are square though, I'll check. They won't flower as I've put down weed and feed on the lawn.:)
    Not sure the stems are square though, I'll check. They won't flower as I've put down weed and feed on the lawn.:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave W

ID Polish Tree with big pods

Yes Mandy the one of yours on the right looks pretty much the same as mine. It'll be interesting to see what they look like this time next year!
    Yes Mandy the one of yours on the right looks pretty much the same as mine. It'll be interesting to see what they look like this time next year!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kels

Rose ?.. ID please :)

See Rustyroots post about her suckering rose. I'd say you've either got a wild rose or some rootstock which has taken over. I rest my case, m'lud.
    See Rustyroots post about her suckering rose. I'd say you've either got a wild rose or some rootstock which has taken over. I rest my case, m'lud.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Melinda

Climbers ID?

Hiya Mel ... answered on your search query thread. I think there were three good roots in your package and so I planted them in three places ... two 'disappeared' and one has survived and is...
    Hiya Mel ... answered on your search query thread. I think there were three good roots in your package and so I planted them in three places ... two 'disappeared' and one has survived and is doing a bit like yours 'rooting itself around' but sadly no flowers yet .. but I am :love30: that I shall have...
    Hiya Mel ... answered on your search query thread. I think there were three good roots in your package and so I planted them in three places ... two 'disappeared' and one has survived and is doing a bit like yours 'rooting itself around' but...
    Hiya Mel ... answered on your search query thread. I think there were three good roots in your package and so I planted them in three places ... two 'disappeared' and one has survived and is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. AKULA

SHRUB ID

Not my pic - taken from a search on google images...as you will see by the accreditation in the top left hand corner of the picture. It was only being used as an example - and yes, Rosemary blooms...
    Not my pic - taken from a search on google images...as you will see by the accreditation in the top left hand corner of the picture. It was only being used as an example - and yes, Rosemary blooms in Spring...
    Not my pic - taken from a search on google images...as you will see by the accreditation in the top left hand corner of the picture. It was only being used as an example - and yes, Rosemary blooms in Spring...
    Not my pic - taken from a search on google images...as you will see by the accreditation in the top left hand corner of the picture. It was only being used as an example - and yes, Rosemary blooms...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. borrowers

Are these just weeds?

And it`s good night from me..... :D
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice