1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. shiney

Solved What Is It, Please?

It is hardy in the tropics of Brighton:whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Ariadae

Solved Not a sweet chestnut? Id gratefully received

Looks like Portugal laurel.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nigel62

Solved ID please

Thanks. Never heard of it
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fof

Solved Orchid ID

I think a visit is called for.:awesome::awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jay9408

Solved Anyone know these flowers?

Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Ahh damn :sad: ill give them a try anyway, thanks for the info ill keep an eye out for the pods!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Pepe

Solved Help me identify these plants

Thank you so much for your help! really good to know what they are so that I know how to care for them.
    Thank you so much for your help! really good to know what they are so that I know how to care for them.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Jowo

Solved Another I D please!

Lovely! Thanks. It's rather beautiful so I'll try to get some somewhere
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Peter Dooley

Solved Weed, wildflower or plant?

Looks vaguely like Physalis, I only know the edible kind, Cape gooseberry, it looks similar to how it comes up in spring from old roots.
    Looks vaguely like Physalis, I only know the edible kind, Cape gooseberry, it looks similar to how it comes up in spring from old roots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GpeeWs

Solved Invasive weeds?

Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of drift. In addition, I have found that it often needs more than one application. I had a Cornish Hedge...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of drift. In addition, I have found that it often...
    Re Glyphosate. Not one of my favourite liquids, but used correctly, it can be a boon. If you purchase the spray bottle it will contain, generally ~7.2g/l, and being a spray, carries the risk of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. shiney

Solved ID for friend please

Thanks @Alisa and @Silver surfer :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. xf8u39

Solved Unknown plant

They can get really 'leggy' too so pinching them out to keep them bushy is always a good move :)
    They can get really 'leggy' too so pinching them out to keep them bushy is always a good move :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Janet mahay

Solved What's this plant called

Thankyou both I have told my friend she glad to know the name she looked on net and found out now how to care for it :thanks:
    Thankyou both I have told my friend she glad to know the name she looked on net and found out now how to care for it :thanks:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Oldman2

Solved Plant ID? short hardwood'sh bush

So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in black fly and look horrid.Whats best to deal with this, Ive used washing up liquid solution before,...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in black fly and look horrid.Whats best to deal with...
    So I left this plant to grow instead of pruning and its 6ft tall now with yellow to off white flowers. as members said last year its Guelder rose.But the young stems are getting covered in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Mathew Butterfield

Solved Weed ID

Definitely a willowherb, very invasive in the garden. On the other hand it provides a valuable food source for butterflies.
    Definitely a willowherb, very invasive in the garden. On the other hand it provides a valuable food source for butterflies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. icehockeyuk

Solved Can you identify this small purple shrub?

I think Hebe too. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Simon Peake

Solved Weed.??

Ajuga...also comes in other colours. 1. Ajuga Pink Elf. 2 and 3 Ajuga reptans alba
    Ajuga...also comes in other colours. 1. Ajuga Pink Elf. 2 and 3 Ajuga reptans alba
    565C1DCA-A8C5-4CC2-A01C-D8E69C820CD0.jpeg 9AA601B7-9848-4BD8-8C3C-C4DAE3F7ED93.jpeg C25B8360-FF4B-4AF9-9AC4-DB8CA4C5FA7E.jpeg AJUGA  PINK  ELF 15-04-2007 14-54-25.JPG AJUGA  REPTANS  ALBA 04-05-2007 10-33-25.JPG AJUGA  REPTANS  ALBA 23-04-2007 15-54-29.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. CarolineL

Solved Half hardy tree

Oh yes - winteri has excellent flowers by comparison. Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. strongylodon

Solved ID

100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X Hidcotense, Hidcote...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X Hidcotense, Hidcote...
    100% Symphytum.Maybe Symphytum x hidcotense?Symphytum officinale x asperum x grandiflorum = S. 'Hidcote Blue'Hidcote Comfrey | NatureSpotUK Wildflowers - Boraginaceae - Symphytum X...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Billi

Solved Can I have an ID on this volunteer seedling please

100% Brassica family.Maybe Brassica napas...common name Oil seed rape. pics below
    100% Brassica family.Maybe Brassica napas...common name Oil seed rape. pics below
    20230415_132759.jpg QUERCUS  XXX 03-05-2009 16-54-36.JPG 20230430_153237.jpg 20230430_153241.jpg BRASSICA  NAPUS  OIL  SEED  RAPE 11-04-2012 12-02-02.JPG BRASSICA  NAPUS  OIL  SEED  RAPE 15-04-2014 12-27-48.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Victoria

Solved Totally forgot what this is ...

Oh, I planted 1 too. It really spreads like mad. Had to pull loads out afterwards. Nit sure, if I should keep it despite lovely flowers.
    Oh, I planted 1 too. It really spreads like mad. Had to pull loads out afterwards. Nit sure, if I should keep it despite lovely flowers.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice