1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. lazy-gardener

plant id help

You are just so right!!! I just put spirea into my search and came up with this link...
    You are just so right!!! I just put spirea into my search and came up with this link http://biology.burke.washington.edu/herbarium/imagecollection.php?Genus=Spiraea&Species=douglasii&Comp=Overviewwhich looks exactly like my photo!!! Brilliant, thank you
    You are just so right!!! I just put spirea into my search and came up with this link http://biology.burke.washington.edu/herbarium/imagecollection.php?Genus=Spiraea&Species=douglasii&Comp=Overviewwhich looks exactly like my photo!!! Brilliant,...
    You are just so right!!! I just put spirea into my search and came up with this link...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. supermum10

help to identify please

Excellent, thanks all.
    Excellent, thanks all.
    Excellent, thanks all.
    Excellent, thanks all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Liz

Big leaves ID

I have good king henry in my garden, in a very sunny position. I've had a look and the leaves do look very similar in shape and texture, but are much smaller. Mine already have spikes on so I...
    I have good king henry in my garden, in a very sunny position. I've had a look and the leaves do look very similar in shape and texture, but are much smaller. Mine already have spikes on so I will know what to look for. Thanks both. Dendy, I have been looking under lime trees for saplings/...
    I have good king henry in my garden, in a very sunny position. I've had a look and the leaves do look very similar in shape and texture, but are much smaller. Mine already have spikes on so I will know what to look for. Thanks both. Dendy, I...
    I have good king henry in my garden, in a very sunny position. I've had a look and the leaves do look very similar in shape and texture, but are much smaller. Mine already have spikes on so I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sawfish

Plant identification problem

Incidently, euphorbia sap is an irritant which should not be taken lightly. Wash it off should you get it on your skin, and keep well away from eyes and other tender body parts.
    Incidently, euphorbia sap is an irritant which should not be taken lightly. Wash it off should you get it on your skin, and keep well away from eyes and other tender body parts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. lazy-gardener

plant ID please

Hi, It looks a bit like Herb Robert, though the flowers are usually a bit pinker, I think. Also I don't think Herb Robert has a very nice scent so you may be able to tell by giving it a sniff..
    Hi, It looks a bit like Herb Robert, though the flowers are usually a bit pinker, I think. Also I don't think Herb Robert has a very nice scent so you may be able to tell by giving it a sniff..
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Hornbeam

Clematis ID

Yes definitely Miss Bateman, mine is flowering too at the moment, has much appreciated being liberated from its' pot and ignored as you say, Hornbeam.
    Yes definitely Miss Bateman, mine is flowering too at the moment, has much appreciated being liberated from its' pot and ignored as you say, Hornbeam.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. strongylodon

Name this plant

It was Churchill's idea to evacuate an entire (but small) village and let the army use it for D-Day landing practice for house to house fighting, I think some tanks may have had a hand too! It's...
    It was Churchill's idea to evacuate an entire (but small) village and let the army use it for D-Day landing practice for house to house fighting, I think some tanks may have had a hand too! It's an erie place but interesting (and free)Don't go when it raining -- there's not much shelter! :D :D
    It was Churchill's idea to evacuate an entire (but small) village and let the army use it for D-Day landing practice for house to house fighting, I think some tanks may have had a hand too! It's an erie place but interesting (and free)Don't go...
    It was Churchill's idea to evacuate an entire (but small) village and let the army use it for D-Day landing practice for house to house fighting, I think some tanks may have had a hand too! It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. frogesque

Acer ID

Our tree is full of little boomerang shaped seed pods, a bit like wings.A few years ago we had a couple that got quite big, but they disappered before we had a chance to collect them. They tend to...
    Our tree is full of little boomerang shaped seed pods, a bit like wings.A few years ago we had a couple that got quite big, but they disappered before we had a chance to collect them. They tend to blend in with the leaves as they are both the same colour,but don't know if they drop off before...
    Our tree is full of little boomerang shaped seed pods, a bit like wings.A few years ago we had a couple that got quite big, but they disappered before we had a chance to collect them. They tend to blend in with the leaves as they are both the...
    Our tree is full of little boomerang shaped seed pods, a bit like wings.A few years ago we had a couple that got quite big, but they disappered before we had a chance to collect them. They tend to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. frogesque

Magnolia ID

Just had a look on Google, and it says that the best method for propagation is by grafting onto another Magnolia.Seed can be sown fresh in the Autumn, but if successful,they can take up to 20...
    Just had a look on Google, and it says that the best method for propagation is by grafting onto another Magnolia.Seed can be sown fresh in the Autumn, but if successful,they can take up to 20 years to flower.Hope you are young enough to wait that long!!Good LuckKandyfloss
    Just had a look on Google, and it says that the best method for propagation is by grafting onto another Magnolia.Seed can be sown fresh in the Autumn, but if successful,they can take up to 20 years to flower.Hope you are young enough to wait...
    Just had a look on Google, and it says that the best method for propagation is by grafting onto another Magnolia.Seed can be sown fresh in the Autumn, but if successful,they can take up to 20...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. frogesque

Another Mystery

:D Oh well! I've seen worse looking weeds so they can stay in the bit of ground I've just cleared of Grape Hyacinth - Muscari (some hopes!) They can fight it out between them for now.
    :D Oh well! I've seen worse looking weeds so they can stay in the bit of ground I've just cleared of Grape Hyacinth - Muscari (some hopes!) They can fight it out between them for now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. elainefiz

plant that looks like nettle

Thanks elainefiz ;)Mine is a bit squashed also but hey the cats love it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. rosietutu

Identification Please

What is this tiny flower growing in nearby grassland?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. bluemolly

please identify for me?

Don't encourage serpentphobia T, we only have three and 90% of the population have never seen one and probably only 2/3% have seen an Adder.I'm a little biased here as I love and have kept retiles...
    Don't encourage serpentphobia T, we only have three and 90% of the population have never seen one and probably only 2/3% have seen an Adder.I'm a little biased here as I love and have kept retiles and amphibians sinceI was about 10. :D
    Don't encourage serpentphobia T, we only have three and 90% of the population have never seen one and probably only 2/3% have seen an Adder.I'm a little biased here as I love and have kept retiles and amphibians sinceI was about 10. :D
    Don't encourage serpentphobia T, we only have three and 90% of the population have never seen one and probably only 2/3% have seen an Adder.I'm a little biased here as I love and have kept retiles...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. berry

Name that twig.....

Yours could do with some grub water and looser soil if its to stay in the pot. I had one in a pot and they don't like their roots capped in a heavy JI3 mix. Some pics of mine.
    Yours could do with some grub water and looser soil if its to stay in the pot. I had one in a pot and they don't like their roots capped in a heavy JI3 mix. Some pics of mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Hornbeam

Mistaken identity

Do you prune them? There's a question here which hasn't had an answer: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000011;p=1#000000 Thought you might know!
    Do you prune them? There's a question here which hasn't had an answer: http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000011;p=1#000000 Thought you might know!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Rich

What is this?

It is a liverwort.
    It is a liverwort.
    It is a liverwort.
    It is a liverwort.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. gofoit2

What plant is it please?

In addition, aubretia is the smallest flower and leaf, about 1/2", campanula is bigger, maybe 1", and vinca is the biggest. Aubretia and campanula form flower carpets with leaves only visible...
    In addition, aubretia is the smallest flower and leaf, about 1/2", campanula is bigger, maybe 1", and vinca is the biggest. Aubretia and campanula form flower carpets with leaves only visible round the edges, vinca is not so densely flowered.
    In addition, aubretia is the smallest flower and leaf, about 1/2", campanula is bigger, maybe 1", and vinca is the biggest. Aubretia and campanula form flower carpets with leaves only visible round the edges, vinca is not so densely flowered.
    In addition, aubretia is the smallest flower and leaf, about 1/2", campanula is bigger, maybe 1", and vinca is the biggest. Aubretia and campanula form flower carpets with leaves only visible...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Liz

Rockplant ID

That's just what I need at the moment! I've lots of empty borders.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Liz

Flower ID?

Hornbeam and Fran - thanks for info. It seems to be running wild at the moment but will save some seeds.
    Hornbeam and Fran - thanks for info. It seems to be running wild at the moment but will save some seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paladin

Names?

last one def sisyrinchium striatum - not sure about cultivars of the rest, but think clematis could be C. rosemoor'Evipo002' - lovely...
    last one def sisyrinchium striatum - not sure about cultivars of the rest, but think clematis could be C. rosemoor'Evipo002' - lovely name! http://images.google.com/images?q=clematis+rosemoor+evipo002&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en [ 18. June 2006, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: dendrobium ]
    last one def sisyrinchium striatum - not sure about cultivars of the rest, but think clematis could be C. rosemoor'Evipo002' - lovely name! http://images.google.com/images?q=clematis+rosemoor+evipo002&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en [ 18. June 2006, 01:28...
    last one def sisyrinchium striatum - not sure about cultivars of the rest, but think clematis could be C. rosemoor'Evipo002' - lovely...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice