1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Identification Area

Have you seen any Pests, Diseases or even any Plants which you cannot work out, what they are ..... Ask in here ..

Filters:

Prefix:
Solved x
Remove All Filters:
x
Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. Alpine 1

Solved Three Alpines

The last photo is Irish moss (Sagina subulata), not really an alpine. It forms a nice mat with small white flowers in the summer.
    The last photo is Irish moss (Sagina subulata), not really an alpine. It forms a nice mat with small white flowers in the summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Selleri

Solved A challenging one, so familiar but could be anything...

I have one in the garden in a very sheltered position. But it's taken a battering this winter frost wise, so it's on the touch and go list at the moment.
    I have one in the garden in a very sheltered position. But it's taken a battering this winter frost wise, so it's on the touch and go list at the moment.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Leabea93

Solved Brought from a supermarket

In pic 2 you can see white roots coming from the stem already. You just cut it back and use the cut off parts as cuttings, putting them in some well drained compost or you could even start them...
    In pic 2 you can see white roots coming from the stem already. You just cut it back and use the cut off parts as cuttings, putting them in some well drained compost or you could even start them in water before potting up. The old plant will probably reshoot from where you cut the stems.
    In pic 2 you can see white roots coming from the stem already. You just cut it back and use the cut off parts as cuttings, putting them in some well drained compost or you could even start them in water before potting up. The old plant will...
    In pic 2 you can see white roots coming from the stem already. You just cut it back and use the cut off parts as cuttings, putting them in some well drained compost or you could even start them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sheal

Solved A houseplant id please.

Curiously on Saturday or Sunday morning I saw a photo of one I had 8 years ago from Google photos. I get some photos on my mobile every morning & on that day there was a photo of the Kalanchoe I...
    Curiously on Saturday or Sunday morning I saw a photo of one I had 8 years ago from Google photos. I get some photos on my mobile every morning & on that day there was a photo of the Kalanchoe I had 8 years ago! Then on Sunday morning my son brought me one round! :):dbgrtmb:
    Curiously on Saturday or Sunday morning I saw a photo of one I had 8 years ago from Google photos. I get some photos on my mobile every morning & on that day there was a photo of the Kalanchoe I had 8 years ago! Then on Sunday morning my son...
    Curiously on Saturday or Sunday morning I saw a photo of one I had 8 years ago from Google photos. I get some photos on my mobile every morning & on that day there was a photo of the Kalanchoe I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. roders

Solved What plant is this?

Thanks N……..I should have known ,we have loads now I can move them to where I want them. It’s great how they survive all the frosts as self sets.
    Thanks N……..I should have known ,we have loads now I can move them to where I want them. It’s great how they survive all the frosts as self sets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shaneoak

Solved Took a leaf cutting …

Ebay philodendron pink princess for sale | eBayKeep an eye on listings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. 43576

Solved Do you know which plants is this?

Brilliant many thanks.
    Brilliant many thanks.
    Brilliant many thanks.
    Brilliant many thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Love my chicken

Solved Orange tree ? Sawfly

Same here. If it's just one tree, it shouldn't take too long to eradicate them by hand. If it's a big, very leafy tree you could try spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis. That will deal with moth...
    Same here. If it's just one tree, it shouldn't take too long to eradicate them by hand. If it's a big, very leafy tree you could try spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis. That will deal with moth caterpillars (but not sawflies) without harming beneficial insects. Can't see from the photo, but if...
    Same here. If it's just one tree, it shouldn't take too long to eradicate them by hand. If it's a big, very leafy tree you could try spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis. That will deal with moth caterpillars (but not sawflies) without harming...
    Same here. If it's just one tree, it shouldn't take too long to eradicate them by hand. If it's a big, very leafy tree you could try spraying with Bacillus thuringiensis. That will deal with moth...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Sheal
    Agree x 3

Solved Id for this please

Thanks John. :)Those pictures were taken two days ago....in Seattle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. groundbeetle

Solved Can anyone identify this moth/butterfly?

That site is now bookmarked, thankyou
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria

Solved Brugmansia

They'll have to catch me first :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. trevor.biggins

Solved Plant identification

This looks to be about right.Sorry, for reference, my photo was taken in Autumn.I'll keep an eye out for any more appearing this coming season, and will post any updates here :)Thanks again,...
    This looks to be about right.Sorry, for reference, my photo was taken in Autumn.I'll keep an eye out for any more appearing this coming season, and will post any updates here :)Thanks again, everyone!
    This looks to be about right.Sorry, for reference, my photo was taken in Autumn.I'll keep an eye out for any more appearing this coming season, and will post any updates here :)Thanks again, everyone!
    This looks to be about right.Sorry, for reference, my photo was taken in Autumn.I'll keep an eye out for any more appearing this coming season, and will post any updates here :)Thanks again,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ennnceee

Solved What is this, please?

Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Many thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. groundbeetle

Solved Type of Cyclamen?

I took a photograph of this Cyclamen today and she has survived the snow.
    E30A3BD9-2B4E-4959-B851-50076724B486.jpeg E7E5E727-AC1F-42F8-BCD2-27870AC3FDFE.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Tye

Solved ID Please

Thanks guys, i dug it up from the bottom of the garden to take with us when we move next month. There's also an 8ft high 8ft wide fatsia japonica but i don't have the heart to move her, stunning...
    Thanks guys, i dug it up from the bottom of the garden to take with us when we move next month. There's also an 8ft high 8ft wide fatsia japonica but i don't have the heart to move her, stunning specimen that she is.
    Thanks guys, i dug it up from the bottom of the garden to take with us when we move next month. There's also an 8ft high 8ft wide fatsia japonica but i don't have the heart to move her, stunning specimen that she is.
    Thanks guys, i dug it up from the bottom of the garden to take with us when we move next month. There's also an 8ft high 8ft wide fatsia japonica but i don't have the heart to move her, stunning...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Mattm2022

Solved An ID for a tree, please!

:yahoo: I was correct ,,, its a good source of early pollen and nectar for bees and butterflies ..Try and just take 3rd out of the old branches and clear around the base...
    :yahoo: I was correct ,,, its a good source of early pollen and nectar for bees and butterflies ..Try and just take 3rd out of the old branches and clear around the base...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jowo

Solved Grass ID please

Brilliant! Thank you JWK much appreciated x
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Michael Hewett
    Like x 3

Solved Identification of house plant required.

I had a plant many years ago here and they can be kept as small shrubs. Sadly I was still learning about plants in the heat here and lost mine.
    I had a plant many years ago here and they can be kept as small shrubs. Sadly I was still learning about plants in the heat here and lost mine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sajehar

Solved Does anyone know what this plant is?

It is also known as the Peacock Flower, a Jockey's Cap Lily or a Mexican Shellflower.
    It is also known as the Peacock Flower, a Jockey's Cap Lily or a Mexican Shellflower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. thriftybri

Solved shrub id wanted

thank you very much silver surfer
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice