1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. maksim

"Holes" in your lawn

I am carry on talking about squirrels HERE:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Tim Shields

"lumpy" lawn

Thanks Liz - this is def a long term project! Right now my short(er) term goals are to give some improvement to the soil and reduce the bumpiness a little - not looking for smooth as a...
    Thanks Liz - this is def a long term project! Right now my short(er) term goals are to give some improvement to the soil and reduce the bumpiness a little - not looking for smooth as a babies'.I'll take the advice then and try the spring top dress with mostly top soil + 10% sand.
    Thanks Liz - this is def a long term project! Right now my short(er) term goals are to give some improvement to the soil and reduce the bumpiness a little - not looking for smooth as a babies'.I'll take the advice then and try the spring top...
    Thanks Liz - this is def a long term project! Right now my short(er) term goals are to give some improvement to the soil and reduce the bumpiness a little - not looking for smooth as a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gabriel Syme

"Stuff" in my lawn + general questions

Yes I can see it now, if it bothers you too much you could dig out those areas and re-turf or lay grass seed, but the grass seed would be a different type and possibly wouldn't blend in.I can't...
    Yes I can see it now, if it bothers you too much you could dig out those areas and re-turf or lay grass seed, but the grass seed would be a different type and possibly wouldn't blend in.I can't see any weeds or moss in the lawn but if you have patches then you could treat those with a separate...
    Yes I can see it now, if it bothers you too much you could dig out those areas and re-turf or lay grass seed, but the grass seed would be a different type and possibly wouldn't blend in.I can't see any weeds or moss in the lawn but if you have...
    Yes I can see it now, if it bothers you too much you could dig out those areas and re-turf or lay grass seed, but the grass seed would be a different type and possibly wouldn't blend in.I can't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. maksim

"vitamins" for lawns

In addition to the above-answer (whose user I thank), I try to self-answer my questions. This subject goes on the topic: "Plant nutrition". Probably has been talked about in other threads in this...
    In addition to the above-answer (whose user I thank), I try to self-answer my questions. This subject goes on the topic: "Plant nutrition". Probably has been talked about in other threads in this forum. Threads about "FERTILIZERS". I report some meaningful excerpts from wikipedia on the topic...
    In addition to the above-answer (whose user I thank), I try to self-answer my questions. This subject goes on the topic: "Plant nutrition". Probably has been talked about in other threads in this forum. Threads about "FERTILIZERS". I report some...
    In addition to the above-answer (whose user I thank), I try to self-answer my questions. This subject goes on the topic: "Plant nutrition". Probably has been talked about in other threads in this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gooseh

"Yellow" Lawn problem

Are you having a hair crisis?
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clueless1

'Lawn' ideas for shallow, stoney soil

Rome wasn't built in a day Clueless! :WINK1:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. mcmac74

(more) new lawn problems

Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all the rain and big patches looked dead! It now looks so much better and is really thick and green,...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all the rain and big patches looked dead! It now looks...
    Hi Mcmac,We had new turf laid at the end of April, after 8 weeks or so I was very disapointed with it, it was full of meadow grass had lots of bare bits and then developed red thread with all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Matt40

10 week old lawn looking bad

As has already been said, considering the lack of rainfall lately, that lawn is looking pretty good! It looks much better than most of the lawns do in the area that I live.Also, as Doghouse...
    As has already been said, considering the lack of rainfall lately, that lawn is looking pretty good! It looks much better than most of the lawns do in the area that I live.Also, as Doghouse says, watering once a week when its dry like this is not enough. I have managed to keep my lawn looking...
    As has already been said, considering the lack of rainfall lately, that lawn is looking pretty good! It looks much better than most of the lawns do in the area that I live.Also, as Doghouse says, watering once a week when its dry like this is...
    As has already been said, considering the lack of rainfall lately, that lawn is looking pretty good! It looks much better than most of the lawns do in the area that I live.Also, as Doghouse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. hoofy
    Like x 9

12 months on.

And two weeks later, scarified and hollow tine aerated.I've still got two bins full of top dressing left over from last year, the black sandy stuff, so I'm going to top dress using that mixed...
    And two weeks later, scarified and hollow tine aerated.I've still got two bins full of top dressing left over from last year, the black sandy stuff, so I'm going to top dress using that mixed with compost plus the soil plugs on the lawn mixed in.
    And two weeks later, scarified and hollow tine aerated.I've still got two bins full of top dressing left over from last year, the black sandy stuff, so I'm going to top dress using that mixed with compost plus the soil plugs on the lawn...
    And two weeks later, scarified and hollow tine aerated.I've still got two bins full of top dressing left over from last year, the black sandy stuff, so I'm going to top dress using that mixed...
    20180917_151625.jpg 20190823_073339.jpg 20190823_073353.jpg 20190823_172120.jpg 20190907_132929.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Zlich

1st timer lawn help required

I doubt you'll have mud - almost bound to be dry during the summer. It will just look a bit bald / lacking in grass.I am doubtful that sowing grass seed this time of year is worth it...
    I doubt you'll have mud - almost bound to be dry during the summer. It will just look a bit bald / lacking in grass.I am doubtful that sowing grass seed this time of year is worth it (germination may be poor, grass won't establish well, Grass seed is not "dirt cheap") ... I would leave that...
    I doubt you'll have mud - almost bound to be dry during the summer. It will just look a bit bald / lacking in grass.I am doubtful that sowing grass seed this time of year is worth it (germination may be poor, grass won't establish well, Grass...
    I doubt you'll have mud - almost bound to be dry during the summer. It will just look a bit bald / lacking in grass.I am doubtful that sowing grass seed this time of year is worth it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Zola

2016 lawn strategy?

The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry weather returns I am going to cut the lawn short and then scarify a day or two later!Its coming to...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry weather returns I am going to cut the lawn short and...
    The weather has been so depressing recently. So rainy!I have sprayed the lawn for clover, it was growing in the new areas, it is all dead now, but the grass is fine.I reckon once the dry...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Tim Shields

21 days after

Excellent Tim :wow: Dont be tempted to cut too short. A raised cut and mowing once a week will keep your lawn looking good. A feed every 4 to 6 weeks too :)
    Excellent Tim :wow: Dont be tempted to cut too short. A raised cut and mowing once a week will keep your lawn looking good. A feed every 4 to 6 weeks too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stuarta99

2nd attempt at new lawn

Welcome to Gardeners Corner Stuart.I'm sure the person that supplied your turf was aware of it's condition as he would probably have had other complaints, I'm glad to hear he replaced the lawn...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Stuart.I'm sure the person that supplied your turf was aware of it's condition as he would probably have had other complaints, I'm glad to hear he replaced the lawn for you. :) The infestation was obviously very bad to have killed the lawn.Newly laid turf shouldn't...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Stuart.I'm sure the person that supplied your turf was aware of it's condition as he would probably have had other complaints, I'm glad to hear he replaced the lawn for you. :) The infestation was obviously very bad to...
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner Stuart.I'm sure the person that supplied your turf was aware of it's condition as he would probably have had other complaints, I'm glad to hear he replaced the lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Matty8895

3 1/2 week old turf patches

Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are...
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are white strands or red or pink tops on the tips of the grass.
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are white strands or red or pink tops on the tips of the...
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. *dim*

4 new lawns to seed

thanks .... the paving is brick, and I will be carefull he has just phoned and said he will be at my place in 1/2 an hour to fetch me as we are going in his car.... he has warned me that this...
    thanks .... the paving is brick, and I will be carefull he has just phoned and said he will be at my place in 1/2 an hour to fetch me as we are going in his car.... he has warned me that this weedkiller is very powerful and that I should wear googles and old shoes
    thanks .... the paving is brick, and I will be carefull he has just phoned and said he will be at my place in 1/2 an hour to fetch me as we are going in his car.... he has warned me that this weedkiller is very powerful and that I should wear...
    thanks .... the paving is brick, and I will be carefull he has just phoned and said he will be at my place in 1/2 an hour to fetch me as we are going in his car.... he has warned me that this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. busybee

5 week old turf - could be looking better....

Turf is pre treated to make it look nice when it's laid so I wouldn't advise feeding again. Water, water and water.
    Turf is pre treated to make it look nice when it's laid so I wouldn't advise feeding again. Water, water and water.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Philcw1984

6/8 week lawn - going brown

How often are you cutting it, if it's new turf it looks a tad low. Too much tap water can also effect levels but you would have to really be watering hard but it can be bad depending on...
    How often are you cutting it, if it's new turf it looks a tad low. Too much tap water can also effect levels but you would have to really be watering hard but it can be bad depending on area. Quality of turf also comes into play. Is there any sign of white like growth close to the soil?
    How often are you cutting it, if it's new turf it looks a tad low. Too much tap water can also effect levels but you would have to really be watering hard but it can be bad depending on area. Quality of turf also comes into play. Is there any...
    How often are you cutting it, if it's new turf it looks a tad low. Too much tap water can also effect levels but you would have to really be watering hard but it can be bad depending on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. *dim*

60 minute lawn makeover

LOL ... oh well ... hope your mower blades are tough :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HarryS

? Miracle-Gro Lawn Thickener Grass Seed and Feed ?

Has anyone used this grass seed mix from Miracle-Gro ? I have always found grass seed very very random at germinating :gaah: . I used the Miracle-Gro all purpose grass seed last year and it was pretty...
    Has anyone used this grass seed mix from Miracle-Gro ? I have always found grass seed very very random at germinating :gaah: . I used the Miracle-Gro all purpose grass seed last year and it was pretty good for repairs and patching . But is this new mix better :scratch:
    Has anyone used this grass seed mix from Miracle-Gro ? I have always found grass seed very very random at germinating :gaah: . I used the Miracle-Gro all purpose grass seed last year and it was pretty good for repairs and patching . But is this new mix...
    Has anyone used this grass seed mix from Miracle-Gro ? I have always found grass seed very very random at germinating :gaah: . I used the Miracle-Gro all purpose grass seed last year and it was pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. maksim

A "velvet-carpet alike" lawn

These monthes that have gone by since I started this thread, have been - for me - monthes of "meditation" (about the focus of this thread). Well, over these monthes of "meditation", I have...
    These monthes that have gone by since I started this thread, have been - for me - monthes of "meditation" (about the focus of this thread). Well, over these monthes of "meditation", I have developed the belief that having such a fine "velvet-carpet alike lawn" as the one of the photos is, IS NOT...
    These monthes that have gone by since I started this thread, have been - for me - monthes of "meditation" (about the focus of this thread). Well, over these monthes of "meditation", I have developed the belief that having such a fine...
    These monthes that have gone by since I started this thread, have been - for me - monthes of "meditation" (about the focus of this thread). Well, over these monthes of "meditation", I have...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice